Game of Thrones General (Non-Book Related) Discussion Thread - Part 1

I hate that they didn't specify as to when in 2019 but I have a feeling it will be within the first quarter.

Brad Pitt Bid $120,000 to Watch ‘Game of Thrones’ With Emilia Clarke

Winter is officially here for Brad Pitt.

Pitt offered to pay $120,000 to watch an episode of “Game of Thrones” with Emilia Clarke — but he was outbid.

Pitt bid six figures to watch a “Game of Thrones” episode with Clarke on Saturday night during a silent auction at Sean Penn’s annual gala for Haiti, held at Milk Studios in Los Angeles, California.

During the charity gala, the auctioneer announced the opportunity to watch an episode with Clarke, who was in attendance at the A-list event, along with her “Game of Thrones” co-star Kit Harington, though the cast members were seated at separate tables.

The auction to watch the episode with Clarke started at $20,000, but the race quickly escalated. At one point, the auctioneer yelled out “Is the King of the North here?!” But as it turned out, Harington had stepped out of the gala to go to the restroom.

Meanwhile, Pitt bid $80,000 to watch an episode of “GOT” with Clarke. Then he outbid himself to $90,000. When Harington came back into the room, the actor offered to also sit in on the episode viewing. And that’s when Pitt raised his own bid to $120,000.

In the end, Pitt was outbid by a gala-goer who ended the auction at $160,000.

All I took from that is that Brad Pitt is trying to bang Daenerys. :o

I can wait a year. I know it's worth it. But it better be March or April. No summer release

I'm thinking March 2019 at the earliest. They're gonna wait until after the Super Bowl and Oscars because those put a dent in ratings. Not that a juggernaut like Game of Thrones needs to worry about that.

Since there is only 6 weeks of episodes I'm hoping for a January premiere with a week off for Superbowl.

No if they're going to take a week off, I'd rather them not even do that. I predict it will go back to its "classic" timeslot and either begin in late March (so as to spread the subscriptions out over a three-month window for HBO) or early April, which was always the GoT window until 2017.

I dont think they give a **** about the superbowl and nor will most of the world come 9 PM that sunday night.

Sticking with January. I can't see them taking 20 months to release it in April.

And if they do care about the superbowl... its setup pretty well for them.... first sunday of January... 4 episodes... superbowl.... then the penultimate and finale.

I wish the series finale would air against the Superbowl. The cultural meltdown would be hilarious.

the superbowl would have the same ratings as the xfiles :sly:

Hey, HBO...

giphy.gif

That's strange they won't wrap until December lol. Oh well... I guess making 6 movies in less than 2 years is impressive.

Still so far away!

GRRM capitalise on this and get out Winds and Fire and Blood or else I'll sacrifice children to the Gods.

Hmm interesting pics on WotW are up re: shooting in Ireland. Not sure they are correct in what they're saying about it though.

Saw an article on facebook saying April 14... but don't see it anywhere else?

D&D are headed off to a Galaxy Far Far Away after GoT

and hopefully are never seen again after what they did to Stannis.

and hopefully are never seen again after what they did to Stannis.
Amen.

Seriously though, the sooner those guys produce more stuff, the sooner people can realize that everything good about GoT came from Martin (+ budget/production values), and that D&D remain the same guys who gave us Troy.

Agreed, I liked Troy very much. I was imagining Star Wars Old Republic in Troy spirit.... and it sounds amazing...

but then I remember they turned Stannis into a monster and killed him like a *****.

I'm more against D&D for X-Men Origins Wolverine and the....."creative" way Benioff added Deadpool into the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"