Game of Thrones General (Non-Book Related) Discussion Thread - Part 1

theyve been doing game of thrones stuff with march madness all month... id expect another trailer this weekend with the final 4 and championship being saturday and sunday... thats not saying it cant be on sunday but id put my money on monday with the championship game. even if theres barely newfootage, its perfect timing 6 days before to drop something

A friend lended me his seasons 1-7 blu ray set so I can finally watch this and see what the hubub is about. Started Sunday, just finished season 3 last night. I'm enjoying it, and Arya, Tyrion and The Hound are my favorite characters so far. I do like watching Daenerys evolve too.

Rewatching all the past seasons has been exhausting but at the same time incredibly gratifying.

I am a hat junkie... Neweracap.com has these now, i bought this one... they also have a stark in dark blue with a silver sigil (it was sold out so i bought Lannister) and a black one with a red Targ sigil. if you don't know, new era is the official hat of a few pro sports so they are real deal, durable, all that... I wish/hope they add to it... bolton, greyjoy, martell...

U3SM1SD.jpg

*halfway through full series re-watch* NOW he tells me!

For my rewatch I was just going to rewatch Battle of Hardhome and Season 7.

a cool scene would be jaime training jon a little in the first episode or second... not sparring with him, but watching and giving tips or something

I'm rewatching but with my thumb on the fast forward all the filler garbage IMO of course [Sam & Gilly, Grey Worm and Misande, knowing where stannis ends up his scenes, that whole house of the many face god segments in season 6 ] so I'm breezing through all the seasons rather quickly lol

Last edited:
Why? Theres only one White Walker scene in season 1. The rest of it is the setup for the War of the Five Kings and stuff that's been wrapped up and put to rest (Robert's bastards, identity of Jon's parents, twincest, Ned etc.)

Last edited:
One thing I am grateful to my rewatch for reminding me of is that Jaime and Brienne both carry Valyrian steel blades now. I had totally forgotten that, tbh.

Why? Theres only one White Walker scene in season 1. The rest of it is the setup for the War of the Five Kings and stuff that's been wrapped up and put to rest (Robert's bastards, identity of Jon's parents, twincest, Ned etc.)

Last season there were callbacks to the Valyrian steel dagger and to Littlefinger putting a knife to Ned's throat from Season One, and who anticipated that happening (without reading leaks)?

But I'm referring to several articles and cast comments, specifically:

The end of Game of Thrones: An exclusive report on the epic final season

Game of Thrones: Maisie Williams says Arya teams up with Sansa in season 8 ...in which Maisie said “After reading the scripts I went back and watched season 1 again because so much of it refers back to that season.”

And in a March interview with Men's Health magazine, Joe Dempsie (Gendry) said:

"I just wanted answers about my character. I was the most curious as to what we might find out about Gendry's parentage. Obviously, we know that he was the bastard of Robert Baratheon, but who might his mother have been?

"There's a line in season one, and it's a first scene you ever see of Gendry, where he's looking to Ned and he's asked about his mother, and he says he doesn't remember much about her at all, other than the fact that she had yellow hair and she would sing to him. It's one of those things where you go, 'Do they usually write lines that don't mean anything, or lines that seem to have significance that [are] never addressed again?' I was kind of intrigued to see what that might mean, and what impact that might have on Gendry's clout politically."

So there's some serious ammo for the old R+C=G theory as well as the theory that Gendry will end up on the Iron Throne. Recently I rehashed all of this in detail elsewhere, quoting from multiple episodes (several in Season One) and citing book material in support. Maybe I'll repost it in the current Theories thread...

Last edited:
if anyone hasnt rewatched them by now, then god have mercy on their souls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"