Gears of War 3 - Part 1

Take this with a grain of salt, but, EDGE is saying that Gears 3 will be released in April 2011, with a teaser trailer next month (April 8) and the official debut at E3.

Microsoft will launch Gears Of War 3 in early April 2011, a trusted US publishing source has told Edge.

The first teaser trailer for the third person shooter is expected to debut next month on April 8, exactly one year ahead of the game’s pencilled in release date. A full reveal is due at E3 in June.

While it hasn’t been officially announced yet, Gears Of War 3 is currently in development at series creator Epic Games. It will continue the story set out in the first two games, which centres on humankind's battle for survival against the nightmarish Locust Horde.

Gears Of War debuted on Xbox 360 in 2006 and on PC a year later. A follow up was released for Microsoft’s home console in 2008.

We understand that the game could be completed as early as this year, but that Microsoft is keen to release it during a different window to Halo: Reach – rumoured to be launching in September 2010 – and Natal, which is set to arrive this holiday.

“Microsoft’s keen to avoid a clash with Halo: Reach and wants Natal to own Christmas. That’s why we won’t be seeing Gears Of War 3 until next year, but expect a major marketing push ahead of its release,” said our source.

Epic vice president Mark Rein said this week that the developer won’t be releasing a game this year as it has chosen to focus on supporting titles made by customers of its Unreal Engine.

When contacted about this report, Microsoft told us that it "does not comment on rumour and speculation".

It´s almost a certainty that Gears 3 will be announced at E3, which will be the biggest announcement for 2011 on Microsoft´s side, but to release it in April?!
There are games that is just stupid not to be released in the Fall, some come to mind, and Gears of War is one of them.

Now, back in 2006, in an interview with Cliff Bleszinski about Gears, he said it was going to be a trilogy, and they all would be released this gen, on the 360.

My call is, IF the rumor is true, IF Gears 3 is released in April 2011, the next xbox will see the light of day Fall 2011, with the release of Halo 4.

If we think about it, it all makes sense.
That´s why Microsoft keep saying that the 360 will not have Blu-ray, that´s why the pulled the plug on the Natal CPU, that´s why they say they will outsell the PS3 this generation,....
More even, back in 2008, i read that Halo 4 was already in planning stage, would be the return of Master Chief (MC is not in Reach), developed by Gearbox (that´s why people said that MS was going to buy them) and a launch title.
Halo : CE was released in 2001....ten years later, in 2011...Halo 4, it makes sense.

I said this all some months ago, then i begin to think that MS would release an update on the 360 this year....now, i return to my previous theory, IF Gears is released in April 2011, im sure the next Xbox is released next year.
And i imagine, it being a gigantic sucess, selling more than 11 million in 2 months, due to the fact that is a new generation (means of more power than the PS3 and high end PC, of course), blu-ray (or similar), directX 11 and HALO 4 (which alone will sell tons).
So, this year will start the next generation of portables, with the release of the DS2 and PSP2 (wait for it) and in 2011, the home consoles, with Xbox Next (?) and , maybe, Wii 2 (?)

Oh yeah, here´s the link: http://www.next-gen.biz/news/gears-of-war-3-releasing-april-2011-–-source

The only thing i can´s explain is Mass Effect, due to the fact that, like Bleszinski, they said ME is a trilogy and all of the games would be released this generation... i don´t see that happening, because i don´t see EA releasing ME3 before Fall 2011, the sooner (more even because Dragon Age 2 is said to be released Q1 2011).
Well, guess not everything happens like we want and ME3 will be released next gen...

Of course, i can be wrong in all of it...

Only finished the first 2 chapters of the campaign and played a few versus. I'm up to level 7 and have gotten MVP twice which feels pretty good.

I've never really played Gears multiplayer before, just brief dabbling in GoW2. I haven't gotten too dominated by shotgun people yet, but I'm sure that will come once I level out of the Casual setting.

There are definitely lots of people with shotguns but now the rifles actually can kill them so if you're smart with your rifle and see them before they get too close, they're usually no problem.

Best game ever! Just beat wave 50 on Horde and those bosses are crazy!

Played the campaign for an hour or two last night and so far so good. Playing with 3 other people really does make for a better experience.

Played a bit last night, got through the first 3 chapters of the campaign. Also played Horde and got through 18 waves, my team was pretty bad at reviving people through so after losing three times on it, the host quit.

One question though, weren't we supposed to keep leveling up in campaign mode, it didn't look like I got any experience from the first three chapters of campaign.

You get very little experience and its all behind the scenes. Every once and a while the achievement tracker will show up showing youve leveled up

Yeah and if you quit I think it'll show your XP.

Played the campaign for an hour or two last night and so far so good. Playing with 3 other people really does make for a better experience.

I'm playing single player but yeah, in Gears and Gears 2 I couldn't care less about co-op... here with 3 AI running around I can see it's gonna be a lot of fun.

I think this is the best Gears yet. I rented it last night and a buddy and I played a bunch of the campaign. It looks spectacular! I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Too bad I can't afford to purchase it right now.

Phenomenal ending. Best campaign ive played this generation. Finally a game has a satisfying conclusion instead of settin up for later games.

So Dom sacrifices himself halfway through the campaign!?..Great cut-scene and pretty awesome to see Marcus get emotional and scream for Dom to stop But Dom was one of my favs and so I'm pretty sad to see him go!!..I need a hug:(

As for Multiplayer..I've only played Horde so far and it's indeed f'n awesome,!,About to play Beat mode soon But so how long is it?

If you level up in Campaign that carries over to Online ?

Last edited:
Beat this. Really good game. I would put it in my top 5 of all time. It's so incredible how they took the already good Gears 2 and took it up to 11 and made it even more awesome. I cant wait to start getting into the multiplayer

So Dom sacrifices himself halfway through the campaign!?..Great cut-scene and pretty awesome to see Marcus get emotional and scream for Dom to stop But Dom was one of my favs and so I'm pretty sad to see him go!!..I need a hug:(

As for Multiplayer..I've only played Horde so far and it's indeed f'n awesome,!,About to play Beat mode soon But so how long is it?

I just got to that cutscene :( How far would you say I have to go ?

Phenomenal ending. Best campaign ive played this generation. Finally a game has a satisfying conclusion instead of settin up for later games.

Beat this. Really good game. I would put it in my top 5 of all time. It's so incredible how they took the already good Gears 2 and took it up to 11 and made it even more awesome. I cant wait to start getting into the multiplayer

What the hell, have you been doing nothing but playing the game?!?! I'll be lucky if I finish Act 2 by the end of the weekend.

Skipped my class on Tuesday to play this.

But if I had to complain about one thing: They left way too many loose ends
-Why Myrrah looks human?
-How the Locust became human?
-The Sires in Gears 2? What was the point of them?
-Also are Marcus and Anya together at the end? I have read people say they were since the beginning of the game but I didnt really get any indication

Last edited:
Skipped my class on Tuesday to play this.

But if I had to complain about one thing: They left way too many loose ends
-Why Myrrah looks human?
-How the Locust became human?
-The Sires in Gears 2? What was the point of them?

I would think those things would be explained in say Prequel Games or maybe Books ?

Still though I feel like they shouldve answered them in this one rather than prequels and expanded universe

Ok[SIZE=-1]ay, I feel like such [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]a n00b [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]asking this but....How do I get my Bet[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]a unlock[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]ables onto the g[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]ame.

Sorry for my newbness.
[/SIZE]

They should just automatically unlocked. As for how i finished my campaign so early. Yeah ive been playing the game nonstop, i lost my job last month so ive had time

Just beat this a few minutes ago. WOW. That's how you make a game. Definitely the most fun I've had playing a game in a long long while. I enjoyed more than the other two Gears for sure. AND it had a good ending.

Played two multiplayer matches tonight. It is VASTLY improved over it's predecessors IMO. I was having such a good time. And as a bonus for me I'm a huge Farscape fan so being able to play as a character voiced by Claudia Black is A-OK with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"