The Xbox One - Part 3

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Thread Manager, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]458355[/split]

2. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]455655[/split]

3. Spidey-Bat

Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

4. Nathan

Nathan ...

Missed that post the first time and just read the article. That was a bloody brilliant read.

5. Poetic Chaos

Poetic Chaos Hella fetch.

Yes the internet goes down. Usually for what, hours at a time when it does happen? I went a week without internet after moving apartments. Yes, my 360 was essential to passing time. But am I willing to toss a console in the garbage because it might allow me only 350 days of playtime instead of 365? No.

If we end up in a post-apocalyptic society and every shanty has a running ps4, I'll eat my words gladly.

That article was spot on. PS4 is status-quo. A lot more of the same.

6. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

People who play predominantly multiplayer are used to it. When their internet is down they can't play what they want to play. Playing a single player current gen game doesn't necessarily replace the online CoD, BF, Halo, Gears, FIFA or Street Fighter multiplayer experience to them any more than doing any other leisure interest does. And with a 24 hour window I would never have been affected by this in my entire XBox career. Both my internet and Live have been down in the past but never for more than 24 hours. And if it happened with XB1 (probably not more than once a year) and I still wanted to play games I'd load up 360 (which I'll be playing for the next 5 years at least even if they totally pull all support for it) or PS3 (or PS4) or PC or wii.

I'm not saying I agree with the policy (it should be a week if anything), just that a fair amount of the XBox demographic won't be that affected by it.

7. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

Or Mass Effect. I love the series but I wonder how much money they burned through hiring people like Carrie-Anne Moss and Martin Sheen when there are no doubt hundreds of obscure but talented voice actors they could have chosen from at a fraction of the cost.

I mean it had a great cast but does anyone buy a $60 game just because it has Tricia Helfer or Keith David? Would anything have been really lacking if they'd went with lesser known voice talent?

8. Poetic Chaos

Poetic Chaos Hella fetch.

Agreed with iceman. It's more a problem in theory.

9. Iceman

Yeah big name voice actors don't increase the appeal much above very good voice actors to me. I'd rather that money was spent elsewhere.

10. Destructus86

Destructus86 Well-Known Member

It's almost ironic that you says PS4 is more of the same when if anything...their game library is becoming even more diverse while it appears Xbox One has.....more of the same.

11. Iceman

Even if you think they're all crap, MS had quite a few totally new exclusives in that E3 conference. And some of them are very different to the kind of games they've had exclusives in up till now (eg Sunset Overdrive & Ryse).

12. Nathan

Nathan ...

Still disappointed that Ryse looks like an absolute QTE fest. It looked completely awesome up to that point. It's like they watched 300, and decided to bring that slow-mo combat into Ryse.

13. Iceman

The new Kinect will be a hell of a lot better & usable in quite a small area. I'll be playing with Kinect (assuming it sill has Kinect functionality even though they didn't show any more of that at E3) and I think that will be a better experience than with the controller for this game.

14. StrainedEyes

StrainedEyes All the way up it!

Someone leaked an XboxOne PR question and answer document: link. Has a lot of minor answers that MS haven't brought up yet.

15. Nathan

Nathan ...

Source

16. zenith16

zenith16 Well-Known Member

Crytek has said over and over again, those aren't QTE's though . They are timed moves that give bonuses for executing them properly, but they are not mandatory. It's like saying well timed street fighter moves are QTE's. I would like an option to turn off the onscreen button prompts my self though, a la Batman Arkham City. To be clear, the usual definition of a QTE is something that you have to pull off or you fail the event. In Ryse, all the timed executions are optional, you can button mash your way through the fights.

on a more current note.

source: GI

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  17. Matt Mortem

Matt Mortem RIP Hype Forums

Microsoft Employees Ambush Wii U Best Buy Events To Promote Xbox One

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/06/mi...sh-wii-u-best-buy-events-to-promote-xbox-one/

18. zenith16

zenith16 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  19. Iceman

Oh great. I hope they crack down on anti-social players. The Reputation system in 360 was well intentioned but not focused enough.

20. Nathan

Nathan ...

Source

21. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

22. Nathan

Nathan ...

I want to say, serves them right. Because you must have done something really wrong to get banned. But on the other hand, I don't like how much power they wield.

23. Iceman

Haha, I'm sure I won't be agreeing with anyone else here but this would be the most awesome thing ever. Cheats & *******s have nothing to lose in multiplayer & co-op games at the moment and a fair number spend all their time online ruining it for others. There's popular forums just on the subject of how to do all this modding & hacking crap & I'd be happy to see them & generally abusive people a lot less often. They always needed to put something like this in the terms so that they can enforce it easily.

24. Spade

Spade Seeking new challengers

Good against pirates, bad for people mislabeled as pirates. It's gonna be a hoot the first time someone's banned for no reason.

25. Soapy

Soapy Well-Known Member

Tell that to all the Origin users who lost access to their games because they were banned for no reason at all.

Valve's approach to this sort of thing is much better because good players don't get punished and the bad players don't even have to lose access to their games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.