The Xbox One - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

• Customer Receives Xbox One Early, Details Update And Game Installation Sizes

News
    hot-post.png

on Nov 10, 2013 at 10:12 AM
    xboxone-icon.png

Update: Microsoft has lifted the restriction on the Xbox One unboxing video.
    ... More
source:GI

I don't really see any benefit in playing your PS4 through your Xbox? So you have to have both systems running, just so you can play a PS4 through a Xbox? What's the point?

They make the example of playing the new Mario game on the Wii U then using the voice commands to minimize that quickly and switch over to a game or app on the XB1. But both systems will always be "on". So if you wanted to be playing PS4 then switch over to a TV show or to an app the PS4 doesnt have, you'll be able to do that. It makes going from device to device that much easier.

A real world example i KNOW I'm going to see at some point(as it happens all the time now) would be something like me playing inFamous then wanting to check the score of a basketball game. Id just tell the xbox to switch over to the ESPN app, id watch a few possessions, get a party invite, accept it, start talking to my buddy about said game, then tell xbox to switch back over to my playstation and pick up right where i left off in inFamous while still chatting with my buddy whose over on Xbox. You can still do that all now of course, the difference is how much more seamless it'll be running your ps4 or Wii U through the Xbox 1

Last edited:
There's only one passthrough so you wouldn't be able to switch from PS4 to TV. It's one or the other. You could switch to other apps though.

One thing I have to give Sony props for is their advertising.

I can not go one day without seeing that PS4 commercial at least twice (usually 3-4 times) -The one with the two guys "being in" the video games.

I have not see one Xbox One Commercial (except when someone posted it on here).

If I did not have an Xbox (or internet).. I would not even know there is a new Xbox coming out in 2 weeks.

Perhaps it is different in the States (I am in Canada).

I've seen a few commercials. Probably a little more than I've seen PS actually.

I'm also in Canada and the adverts have been weak for sure. I see that stupid "perfect day" PS4 commercial every ten minutes, though.

So.. Anyone read that tidbit from the Moon guy that leaked his early XB1 stuff? Apparently he can't play CoD offline.. It says something about requiring a connection. He only intended to play the campaign.

My original question was did he install the day 1 patch to get rid of the DRM stuff. He said he did.. It was live the moment he hooked up his One to the interwebs.

Also, I can confirm that on the back of the PS4 box it says "no online required" while it does not say that on the One.

I simply want to find out what's up with that.

So.. Anyone read that tidbit from the Moon guy that leaked his early XB1 stuff? Apparently he can't play CoD offline.. It says something about requiring a connection. He only intended to play the campaign.

My original question was did he install the day 1 patch to get rid of the DRM stuff. He said he did.. It was live the moment he hooked up his One to the interwebs.

Also, I can confirm that on the back of the PS4 box it says "no online required" while it does not say that on the One.

I simply want to find out what's up with that.

Yea thats odd. MS has said you don't need to be online to play ur games(some i think will as it uses the cloud). Maybe its due to this guys temporary ban? Or maybe its something on IW's end? Or maybe MS is lying claiming you don't need to be online when in fact you do.

After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

I mean those are the words straight from MS. So thats either a bold face lie(possible) or as i stated it has something to do with his temporary ban. Or its on IWs end.

Last edited:
IF it's a bold faced lie.. It'll kill MS.. Well, everywhere but the US where Americans are perfectly fine with being lied to.

MS, IMHO, has been very dumb going into next gen and I've been very harsh with my criticism of them.. But.. Even I can't imagine that they're lying here..

....or the patch isn't out yet. Just because he DL'd an update doesn't mean the patch was in it.

IF it's a bold faced lie.. It'll kill MS.. Well, everywhere but the US where Americans are perfectly fine with being lied to.

MS, IMHO, has been very dumb going into next gen and I've been very harsh with my criticism of them.. But.. Even I can't imagine that they're lying here..

Yea that'd be pretty major if thats the case. I have to think its due to the ban or that its a publisher by publisher type of deal. If not, yeeesh, good luck MS.

Fairly sure it was THE day one update. It was live, but it has since been taken offline.

....or the patch isn't out yet. Just because he DL'd an update doesn't mean the patch was in it.

Yea i think thats it, heres what MS says on this issue:

"We still have two more weeks before launch - the console is in a pre-release state," he wrote. "We are doing regular updates - I personally took one a few minutes before he posted. His build is now old. This is why we were saying we didn't want people on early - it's not done yet.

"This behaviour is only because we are in pre-release. When we launch, console will work exactly as you expect today on 360," he continued. "For sure this has nothing to do with requiring a connection. There is no "DRM removal" in the Day One update because none of the consoles were ever built with that stuff in it.

"This also has nothing to do with COD. The Day One update just brings the SW up to date with the latest versions vs. what's on the box. But there is no 24 check in, that's for sure."

http://www.oxm.co.uk/65862/microsof...ours-console-works-exactly-like-the-xbox-360/

I'm not getting a Bone but I suppose that's good for those who are.

I can only imagine the ass storm that would hit on November 22nd if DRM was still hidden..

I'm not getting a Bone but I suppose that's good for those who are.

I can only imagine the ass storm that would hit on November 22nd if DRM was still hidden..

Haha I prob wouldn't even notice. Like ALL of my electronic devices, once theyre connected to the net, i don't take them offline(unless theres an outage or something). Hell if I'm playing a SP game and my connection goes out, i immediately try and log back in. If that doesnt work, i go over to my computer to see if my net is down hah.

I doubt they lied simply because it would be largest class action lawsuit ever. I'm sure everything will be fine on day 1 as far policy goes.

On a sidenote, it's pretty amazing how resolution is becoming the standard for which quality gaming is judged. Gameplay and story don't have a place unless it's in 1080p apparently.

"When we launch, the console will work exactly as you expect on 360..."

...including running at 720p. :o

I doubt they lied simply because it would be largest class action lawsuit ever. I'm sure everything will be fine on day 1 as far policy goes.

Haha IDK, it depends whats in these TOS'. I mean Sony has got some REALLY scary stuff tucked away in their PS4 TOS, doesnt mean they'll ever act on it, but deff makes ya raise an eyebrow. Im sure MS has the same.

I can not even stream Xbox videos (example Xbox One Game videos from the Xbox One section) without it buffering every 5-10 seconds.
And I know its not my Internets fault.. ;)
If you're using Wifi, right when you sign in, go and do a "check connection" on your xbox, and it'll make it play better. I have to do that every single time I sign in. If I don't, my games and streaming suffer a lot. I don't know why that is, but it works for me.

I can not even stream Xbox videos (example Xbox One Game videos from the Xbox One section) without it buffering every 5-10 seconds.
And I know its not my Internets fault.. ;)

Yea no kidding. I run across the same issue with some of their videos.

On a sidenote, it's pretty amazing how resolution is becoming the standard for which quality gaming is judged. Gameplay and story don't have a place unless it's in 1080p apparently.

Yeah, I sort of agree. I think way too big of a deal is being made over resolution, especially since I'll wager most people don't have a gigantic television and won't be able to tell a difference anyhow.

But I guess when it comes to next gen graphics are a big point for a lot of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"