Solo General News/Discussion Thread-Solo: A Star Wars Story. - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's tough. It's tough to accept another actor playing Han Solo onscreen like this.
A7exgIm.gif

It’s fine. Good to see the marketing finally spin up.

I am fine with someone else playing Han but he is such an iconic character that the actor HAS to bring some of the swagger to the role.

I am fine with someone else playing Han but he is such an iconic character that the actor HAS to bring some of the swagger to the role.
And you know he hasn't how exactly?

Oh I dont know at all. He might nail it perfectly. I hope he does.

I imagine for some fans it is. For some fans, I think Han Solo probably starts and ends with Harrison Ford.

That's how it is for me. Harrison is Han. But I know there is no way to realistically do a young han solo film with Harrison unless they make the character entirely cgi like Tarkin, and that would be asking a lot of Disney. So I can accept another actor in the role, but that person will never be Han Solo. Not the way Harrison Ford is.

That's how it is for me. Harrison is Han. But I know there is no way to realistically do a young han solo film with Harrison unless they make the character entirely cgi like Tarkin, and that would be asking a lot of Disney. So I can accept another actor in the role, but that person will never be Han Solo. Not the way Harrison Ford is.
Actually Han Solo:

tumblr_p3njmyEgmW1tjk4tmo7_540.gif

Though this is interesting. Those who have this problem, do you not see Ewan as Obi-Wan?

I think the difference is that Ewan was playing Obi-Wan at a much different time in the character's life. There was a huge age gap between the two, so there was plenty of time for the character to change. If they had hired someone almost Alec Guinness' age, there would probably be more complaints.

If they had hired a 15 year old to play Han Solo I don't think people would have as hard a time buying it, but this guy's only a couple years younger than Harrison Ford was in 1977.

I think the difference is that Ewan was playing Obi-Wan at a much different time in the character's life. There was a huge age gap between the two, so there was plenty of time for the character to change. If they had hired someone almost Alec Guinness' age, there would probably be more complaints.

If they had hired a 15 year old to play Han Solo I don't think people would have as hard a time buying it, but this guy's only a couple years younger than Harrison Ford was in 1977.
People are calling for an Obi-Wan movie. Also Ewan in RotS is playing the Obi-Wan we know, no matter the time. The character does not change during that period. Not even his look.

Though this is interesting. Those who have this problem, do you not see Ewan as Obi-Wan?

That's not the same to me as Alec Guiness, as good as he was, felt like an older version of a character who was in his prime a long time ago and Ewan played him like he was in his prime. I think the same would be the case if we hadn't seen Han in his prime. Also old Obi-Wan wasn't as significant a character in the OT as the other main cast. And not that I have any issue with seeing a young Han at all - I don't need him to live up to Harrison, just to be a good character in this film.

The only thing I sort of don't like in the trailer is the shot of the clean white Falcon interior. It always seemed to me that Han took pride in the Falcon and kept it up. Sure it had some engine problems, but I always assumed that was because of the souped up hyperdrive, not Han's neglect for the ship.

That's not the same to me as Alec Guiness, as good as he was, felt like an older version of a character who was in his prime a long time ago and Ewan played him like he was in his prime. I think the same would be the case if we hadn't seen Han in his prime. Also old Obi-Wan wasn't as significant a character in the OT as the other main cast. And not that I have any issue with seeing a young Han at all - I don't need him to live up to Harrison, just to be a good character in this film.
So you don't want to see Ewan play the character again? Also, I'd say Obi-Wan was as significant to the OT as Han. Not Luke or Vader, but Han? Yeah.

Fans rank Han Solo at a higher level than Obi-Wan Kenobi. That's probably why. I'm not saying I agree, that's probably just what it is.

Also, not everyone loved the prequels. A major reason people like Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan Kenobi was that he was probably the only one in Episode 2 and 3 that was doing something that slightly resembled decent acting. He was like the only flotsam you could cling to in a tsunami of epic proportions.

Fans rank Han Solo at a higher level than Obi-Wan Kenobi. That's probably why. I'm not saying I agree, that's probably just what it is.

Also, not everyone loved the prequels. A major reason people like Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan Kenobi was that he was probably the only one in Episode 2 and 3 that was doing something that slightly resembled decent acting. He was like the only flotsam you could cling to in a tsunami of epic proportions.
I don't even like the prequels. But Ewan gets near universal praise. Like the two things that most people like about the prequels is the music and Ewan.

I might be more interested if this wasn't a Han Solo movie. I don't trust this movie.

I saw the teaser during the SB. Looks like Rogue Two featuring discount Han Solo. The only faith I have in it is Kasdan and Howard being better filmmakers than Rian Johnson. My faith isn't in Lucasfilm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back