Ghost Rider 2 In The Works - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trailer looked cool. Why does Ghost Rider's leather outfit look so flaky with a weird charred texture though? His outfit didn't burn like that in the first movie and it never has in the comics. It makes it look as if they couldn't render leather properly this time for the CGI and just used this as an excuse to cover up that he might not be completely real looking.

I liked it a lot. I liked the first movie but this looks to be even better, got a good feelin about it

I noticed he looks better when hes walking. Its more fluid like hes got a cool badass stride. At least thats the way it looked in those few seconds. I always thought he moved a little wooden in the first one.

Oh, and whoever said that metal shouldnt be playin for GR is outta his mind. If ever there was a character that lends itself to a screamin guitar ....GR is it!!

Well if you're referring to my post earlier in this thread in relation to the "Children of Bodom" version of Ghost Riders in the Sky, I never said anything of the sort that metal shouldn't be playing for Ghost Rider. I said that I prefer to hear the melody, but that I will listen to heavy rock and metal. You should reread my posts again. I'm totally for Ghost Riders in the Sky being played with screaming guitars.

There are metal bands in which you can hear the melody and in which the singer will sing with a very high pitched voice, almost a scream. That's what I would prefer for Ghost Rider. The Children of Bodom version is more like a chant, with the singer singing in a deep, low pitched scratchy voice as if he lost his voice, and doesn't really show off vocal talent.

A high pitched metal voice would be far more rousing and impressive (showing off an amazing vocal range) and could still retain the melody.

As lame as the first promo picture was I actually really liked the trailer.

This already looks better than the first Ghost Rider thats for sure although I'm sure it's not a hard task to follow through.

Somebody made a joke that the fire pissing must have stemmed from something Roxanne gave him in the first one.

The trailer looked cool. Why does Ghost Rider's leather outfit look so flaky with a weird charred texture though? His outfit didn't burn like that in the first movie and it never has in the comics. It makes it look as if they couldn't render leather properly this time for the CGI and just used this as an excuse to cover up that he might not be completely real looking.

Just a new look, I guess. His bike looks the same way. I kind of like it. Gives it a creepy "burned to death in a highway accident" feel. Looking back, in the first movie, he looks a little clean for a flaming road demon.

Saw Conan in 3D last night (it kicked SO MUCH ASS!), and they had the 3D version of the GR trailer! It was just as cool in 3D as it is in 2D!

The plot of Spirit of Vengeance sounds a bit like Terminator 2.

Glad I'm not the only one who finds it a guilty pleasure. Also glad to see you liked it DJ.

Oh, yeah. The director's cut is much better for me. I just enjoy it a lot. I did in theaters. And Nic Cage being crazy ass Nic Cage with those jelly beans. Yes, I ****ing love him sipping those jelly beans. :awesome:

Mendes' cleavage doesn't hurt either.

That's why I wanted someone like Vengeance to fight Ghost Rider.
He'd fight on equal terms. It'd be one heck of a brawl.

I dont mind Blackout being the villain, but this aint the real Blackout, they barely share any resemblance power wise.

Wait, are you trying to say that we are suppose to get Blaze vs Black Heart as the final fight in Spirit of Vengeance? Again?

Yep, and this isnt even comics Blackheart, he is different, but apparently he stops Blaze from becoming the Ghost Rider so Blaze has to beat him, not GR.

Trailer looked good....and pretty much had everything the SDCC trailer had save for a few quick shots of Blackout attacking someone.
Looked like Christopher Lambert might be playing the head of that religious order or at least some kind of cult. Seemed to be about to sacrifice someone...maybe the kid?

The "pissing" fire scene could work if hes doing it to someone begging for mercy after he beats the crap out of them. Just to add insult to injury ....heh.
Although it was never done in the 70/80s comic (for obvious reasons) it does fit the character of Zarathos though.

At least it looks like the action will be decent...

For those waiting for a R rated GR, the best we can get will be a "unrated" dvd/blu ray in the future. Would be cool if this was successful enough to release a more violent version for a limited release in some theaters. Maybe even for special midnight showings.

Last edited:
I liked the jelly beans too. I don't mind if Cage wants to add a few quirks to his characters. Especially if they're amusing.

It's usually his villains that push the envelope in grotesquery and sadistic violence. Although GR did rip the skin off a few of his enemies...he did also shove Lillith in her own...well, nevermind.
wait he did? and come people on here actually expect to see a gritty serious movie based on this character? it would appear people are giving this character WAY too much credit.

Oh, yeah. The director's cut is much better for me. I just enjoy it a lot. I did in theaters. And Nic Cage being crazy ass Nic Cage with those jelly beans. Yes, I ****ing love him sipping those jelly beans. :awesome:

Mendes' cleavage doesn't hurt either.

Same here, I liked the DC of the first movie as well, it was pretty damn faithful to the comics for me and the GR scene's were great as was his look.

But yeah, the trailer for this one looked good as well.

...this is going to be PG-13?? I thought, at least since CRANK dudes had control, that it was going to be a balls to the wall R, for sure.

That is disappointing. I especially don't want a cut to hell movie, only for the studio to wave a UNCUT/UNRATED dvd/blu ray after its theater release. Stupid.

Now if the directors want a PG-13 rating, that's cool.

This film wasn't even on my radar until that end part in the trailer. Now, I just gotta see this. I'm not sure if I expect it to be a good story or anything but it'll probably be fun at least.

I highly doubt that is the reason why they went for that style. They just went with their own design for the character. I think that bubbly, tar encrusted jacket looks pretty bad ass considering this character is supposed to look like he came from Hell.

I don't think they had any choice. Even with the current PG-13 rating, the studio cut their budget in half. They would never spend 75 million on an R rated super-hero film like this.
Still, we can hope for an unrated director's cut with some crazy R rated scenes. Go Neveldine / Tayler!

Definately looks to be more fun than the last... can't wait for a full trailer.

Hopefully this will do well enough to do a sequel and one that's filmed here. Would love to have GR fighting in NYC like the Ketch run comics...

HFM

The trailer is wicked...and the pissing fire bit is freaking hilarious. Can't wait to see this.

Do we know it's really a pissing scene for sure or is it just the way it is cut in the trailer after the boy (presumably Ketch) makes that comment? He could be actually using his hands to spray his fire like that in the actual film.

It seems odd that he would actually get his penis out to relieve himself when he's finished with a victim, or that he would feel the need at that point to take a leak. What if he doesn't need to go? And wouldn't his victim be thinking "uh oh, he's getting his literal ***** out. Now I'm really buggered!"

Do we know it's really a pissing scene for sure or is it just the way it is cut in the trailer after the boy (presumably Ketch) makes that comment? He could be actually using his hands to spray his fire like that in the actual film.

It seems odd that he would actually get his penis out to relieve himself when he's finished with a victim, or that he would feel the need at that point to take a leak. What if he doesn't need to go? And wouldn't his victim be thinking "uh oh, he's getting his literal ***** out. Now I'm really buggered!"

The directors mentioned the piss scene at SDCC...so yeah it pretty much confirms it. Keep in mind they can always remove it. But right now its generating more interest from people who wrote this film off because of the last one so the chances of that happening are slim. Its a pretty ballsy way of saying this is going to be very different from the last one.

Hes not doing it to relieve himself...GR is a demon so he is above such things. Hes doing it as a insult ...its saying to someone you are nothing more that human waste and I will treat you as such.

The directors mentioned the piss scene at SDCC...so yeah it pretty much confirms it. Keep in mind they can always remove it. But right now its generating more interest from people who wrote this film off because of the last one so the chances of that happening are slim. Its a pretty ballsy way of saying this is going to be very different from the last one.

Hes not doing it to relieve himself...GR is a demon so he is above such things. Hes doing it as a insult ...its saying to someone you are nothing more that human waste and I will treat you as such.

But that means that he needs to drink lots of water or coffee before he goes into GR mode, otherwise if he plans to do that and nothing comes out, he's just going to get his willy out and stand above his victim like that for nothing. All that will happen is that the victim will get scared because he has to see that.

Looks like it'll be bat**** crazy and that's probably a good thing when you have the Crank directors and Nick Cage. Them using the Marvel Knights logo isn't a good thing haha, I remember quite well how the last Marvel Knights movie turned out... although, Punisher Warzone was pretty entertaining in a OMG this is so bad it's good sort of way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"