Ghost Rider 2 In The Works - Part 3

The script was alright, it was entertaining - sure it could have been better. But, in comparison to all the films out there? Yeah, it was alright. It kind of reminded me of BLADE. The action was good too. Some parts of the acting were off, but didn't really take anything away from it - just when Nicholas Cage ranted like a preacher (like he did in 'Kick Ass'). Blackout was okay for me, he reminded me of once again old 90s movies like this - Blade. This in comparison to the first Ghost Rider? Is leaps and bounds better.

The one main flaw in it were those animated sequences. Take those out and it would have been a MUCH better movie. A lot of that exposition wasn't really called for anyways such as describing what a deal with the devil means.

7/10

In comparison I'd rate Blade I 8/10 and GR 6/10 for this particular genre.

Since many of have seen this film now, you can head over to the GR vs GR:Sov thread and compare and contrast the two films if you don't mind.

I did like it better than the first GR movie. I just want these studios to try harder

I saw GR last night at a free pre-screening. It was fun...but nothing special. I ended up in the second row, so let's just say that the 3D was a tad tedious at times.

All in all, though, I enjoyed GR for what it was. A stupid action movie with a bit of zaniness. My major gripe is with the ending, though.
Blaze gets the power of "good Zarathos," and suddenly turns blue. How about we take some time to really EXPLORE that massive, character changing plot point instead of just breezing over it? Then we get that shot at the end of the blue GR riding down the road, and it's so fleeting! I would've liked an extra 10-seconds or so of that to really focus on him, and maybe even show him laughing.
Still, a fun movie for what it is. I wouldn't go into the theater expecting too much.

It's a matinee to kill an hour and a half, basically.

Yeah, I agree. I look back on it and didn't really hate it, but didn't love it. I dunno, it was a goofy bit of entertainment.

Not surprising the story/dialogue is terrible since it was rushed, Sony wanting to keep the rights. But is it really true most of the action is during the first 30 mins while the rest after that slows way down?

Yea pretty much. The first 30 mins have the most action and then it slows WAAY down after that.

I've never seen a more bland film done in 3D in my life. There were some good ideas in there, but overall a total failure of execution. The first film seems like a masterpiece by comparison. This is about on par with the other Marvel Knights film Punisher War Zone, although at least that was humorous enough to sit through.

One thing I will say, is that I love Cage's interpretation of Blaze in this film. At least that much was better than the first, as well as the more gritty look of the rider.

Still even with those two elements, this movie was completely disjointed, and thrown together. The first 30 minutes are about the quality that you get from a syfy channel original movie. At times it seems like it's finally going to recover and your back in Hollywood movie and then it falls flat on it's face.

BTW is Christopher Lambert deperate for work, or was that a cameo appearance. From the previews I thought he was going to be a major character.

Idris Elba was left with nothing to do, although he has an interesting character, we learn nothing about him of importance. Even though he had less screen time in Thor, he was able to more strongly establish his character in that film than this one.

Ultimately, I just want to know why this POS was made in the first place. The first movie was 5 years ago, and there was no real demand for a sequel, but if you're going to make one, and you're not even going to make a half assed attempt to make it good what's the point?

Bottom line if you haven't seen this, my best advice is to wait for Netflix.

I think I'm going to go and count the money I just saved.

This movie was incredibly stupid, yet I was entertained? I think this goes down as a guilty pleasure for me. Bad script and such, but Cage was entertaining and it was silly.

To those that enjoyed Punisher: War Zone (good reasons or bad reasons) would you say that it's as entertaining? Cause I had a blast with that movie with my friends. I still get a kick out of watching it now. I'm hoping Marvel Knights will be a great sub-studio of sorts for B movies like this. Bad, good, nothing worse than a bland movie imo so is it at least entertaining?

I found it more entertaining than WarZone, but I hated War Zone.

To those that enjoyed Punisher: War Zone (good reasons or bad reasons) would you say that it's as entertaining? Cause I had a blast with that movie with my friends. I still get a kick out of watching it now. I'm hoping Marvel Knights will be a great sub-studio of sorts for B movies like this. Bad, good, nothing worse than a bland movie imo so is it at least entertaining?

Well it's about the same level of groan worthy humor in it. The problem is for the buget that they spent on this for the effects and 3D it feels incredibly cheap.

Like I say the best way I can describe it is the first movie wasn't great, but at least it felt like a big budget hollywood film. This movie just felt like it was a made for TV movie.

That said I agree with others that Cage is at his best here. It's sad because his performance as Blaze is better than the first movie, and more refined. the level of crazyness that he puts into it was fun to watch.

What's sad is that all his effort went into a movie that was cheap and lifeless.

This was a terrible movie but I had fun watching it. The directing was embarrassing at times. So much cheese. Cage felt like he was about to jump at the sets and rip'em up with his teeth too.

On the upside, Ghost Rider was awesome. He felt like GR on speed. And he was terrifying which is something the first movie messed up so bad. GR is not a good guy, and the movie made that clear. Lots of badass shots of the Rider. So good. He was like a Japanese ghost girl...expect it's a badass skeletal biker. Loved his giggles, his enjoyment of tearing up mooks haha.

Cage, Johnny Whitworth, and Ciaran Hinds had a blast with this movie I think. Lots of kickass overracting. It was great. Idris Elba is always awesome, and while I love seeing the Highlander, it's a shame that Lambert was in the film for like 5 minutes.

This is a movie for fan of cheese and bad/awesome flicks. The crazy over-the-top and yes, pisspoor directing (and I don't hate the directors) would have benefited from a R rating really. This movie needed some visceral moments that never came.

It's better than War Zone if that's a comparison you want to make.
I liked War Zone for the fact it was the most comic inspired of the Punisher films. Actually using one of the few known and alive Rogues in his gallery.
It also had Microchip. Outside of the neon church and zany recruitment video PWZ was great.

If you like PWZ then you should like GR:SOV I'd think.

The huge problem with this movie is that if you've seen the trailers you've seen the action and it all happens right away then we have to sit through what they call a story for another hour before we get to see Ghost Rider again. It's horrible, do not spend you're money seeing this just wait til it comes out.

They should do a third Marvel Knights "B movie" and then do a B-Movie version of the Avengers with Ghost Rider, Punisher and... whoever the third guy gets to be. Ohhhh the guilty pleasure that would be.

The huge problem with this movie is that if you've seen the trailers you've seen the action and it all happens right away then we have to sit through what they call a story for another hour before we get to see Ghost Rider again. It's horrible, do not spend you're money seeing this just wait til it comes out.
Nuts. Sounds like all the over the top craziness was in the commercials. I was hoping for something like Crank or Crank 2 or even Transporter 2 where it was so violent, so over the top, so ******ed levels of crazy that I'd actually laugh at the action (Punisher shooting a free-runner out of the air with a bazooka being a good example. Or punching a friggin' hole in Ink's face.). Granted I don't expect anything that violent from this but I'm hoping for a good laugh from this at least.

I'll tell you one thing. My most watched comic book movie isn't The Dark Knight or Spider-man. I love those movies but you have to be in the mood for them. It's the crap that you can really have fun with that has me staying on the channel even if the movie is halfway through. If this movie is just bland (which is SURPRISING for Neveldine and Taylor since I even found enjoyment in Jonah Hex), especially with not only Nic Cage but Nic Cage with his SKULL on fire then there is a serious problem here. :csad:

I'm gonna have to rope somebody into seeing this with me. Seeing "If you liked P:WZ you'll like this" is enough for me.

They should do a third Marvel Knights "B movie" and then do a B-Movie version of the Avengers with Ghost Rider, Punisher and... whoever the third guy gets to be. Ohhhh the guilty pleasure that would be.

Moon Knight would fit nicely, although I really want ol' Mooney to get better treatment than GR and Punisher got.

Who even has the rights to Moon Knight right now?

I'm hoping Marvel does. I'm confident they'd do him right, if they ever get around to doing him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"