Ghost Rider 2 In The Works - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That could also mean they're keeping alot of action sequences hidden, I think that's a reason why the re-used a large amount of footage from the first trailer.

If the movie had a budget the size of the first movie, I could believe that, but with this being so low budget, I think we have seen most of the action and effects already.

What do you mean by that?.

The directors have said that they wanted to have a more performance-based Stare this time around, but there should be a visual cue its being used, right?

I figure those scenes are either the stare or Blackout using his powers.

If the movie had a budget the size of the first movie, I could believe that, but with this being so low budget, I think we have seen most of the action and effects already.

You gotta think about it, 50 million dollars isn't all that low budget for these guys.

Gamer had a similar budget and it was FULL of action scenes, so don't take the "low budget, small film" thing so literal.

You gotta think about it, 50 million dollars isn't all that low budget for these guys.

Gamer had a similar budget and it was FULL of action scenes, so don't take the "low budget, small film" thing so literal.

Exactly... And no, I don't have a link to the interview, but Brian Taylor has said they saved the money shots for the second trailer (this was done before it was released) and the actual movie itself.

I for one am super excited. These guys know action and from the trailer, it looks like they'll deliver on that front.

Also looking forward to GR vs. Blackout...cuz I'm pretty sure when Nevaldine/Taylor got the script and read the final fight, it went something like this:

"Wait...GR doesn't even fight Blackout at all...he just outsmarts Blackout...LAME!!! We can fix that :D."

And it's sad that GR 2, so far, has shown better special effects with a smaller budget than GR 1.

Exactly... And no, I don't have a link to the interview, but Brian Taylor has said they saved the money shots for the second trailer (this was done before it was released) and the actual movie itself.

I for one am super excited. These guys know action and from the trailer, it looks like they'll deliver on that front.

Also looking forward to GR vs. Blackout...cuz I'm pretty sure when Nevaldine/Taylor got the script and read the final fight, it went something like this:

"Wait...GR doesn't even fight Blackout at all...he just outsmarts Blackout...LAME!!! We can fix that :D."

And it's sad that GR 2, so far, has shown better special effects with a smaller budget than GR 1.

I agree we're going to see lots of action. But think what an extra 60 Million would do to the level of action sequences! To see the difference an extra 60 Million could do, look at the Clash of the Titans sequel which had about 125 million budget I believe.

I agree we're going to see lots of action. But think what an extra 60 Million would do to the level of action sequences! To see the difference an extra 60 Million could do, look at the Clash of the Titans sequel which had about 125 million budget I believe.

Yeah it could, but just imagine how easy it's going to be for GR:SOV to become successful with a budget of only 50 million.

With graphics these day, a good movie can be made in $50 million, so I don't worry about it looking good and still having impressive fight scenes. I worry about the story being anything worth spending money to see.

50 million is pretty cheap for a hero flick. Most hero blockbusters are 100 million and up.

One of them had to be CGI heavy but low budget eventually. Maybe this will have a great profit because of the low budget and lead to another sequel that focuses on a new host sooner than 5 years later.

Gamer didnt need extensive CGI though, it was a lot more real-world action and practical effects which dont cost as much. GR himself needs a lot of CGI, then there is all the hell/fire based things in the movie as well as the remaining practical effects.

It does make one worry, not many super-hero movies have a budget this low, the Hellboy movies are considered low budget and both cost more than GR2 has.

What else is coming out during GR 2's release? I think Underworld 4 comes out a week or two before.

Underworld 4 comes out a month before Ghost Rider:SOV.

So they don't have much competition in February....that's an advantage.

^Yep, so if the movie opens with around or above $30 million it will be guaranteed to make a profit, I belive John Carter and Wrath Of The Titans are out a few weeks after though, so it'll need to make its money quickly.

I think it's going to make 100 million domestically and 180 million world wide at the very least, so I think it's going to be quite successful in terms of profit.

Maybe GR2 can be success from the 1st movie.....more dark & badass

Yeah, we already know it's going to be more dark and badass.

Go check out the official site. It was updated and has some cool wallpapers.

There is a letter T or Number 7 that pops up when you scroll your mouse over a picture or text...is this a clue?

49052711.jpg

Is it just me, or does Cage look about five years younger here than he did in the first GR?

It was probably the wig he wore in the first...it just mae him look downright weird. It's hard to tell, but I think in GR 2 he has his natural hair :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"