Ghost Rider 2 In The Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe that this movie got it's budget scaled down twice. Why? Sony wasn't planning on paying money to make the movie alone.

Last edited:
I can't believe that this movie got it's budget scaled down twice. Why? Sony wasn't planning on paying money to make the movie alone.

I can believe it...GR while barely making its budget back in its initial release was heavily trounced by comic fans and critics alike. there is no reason for Sony to treat this other than a quick way to make $$. If Cage was not available for this I bet it probably would have gone direct to dvd instead w/ a no name lead as Blaze. They just want to make some extra cash on the property before they let it go back to Marvel. make the sequel super cheap and watch the money come in over time from overseas ticket sales, dvd and cable sales/rights.
Also, I doubt there will much or any merchandise on this ...at most they will again go cheap and just re-use alot of the unsold merch from film 1, slap GR2 on the box and put it stores.

I can believe it...GR while barely making its budget back in its initial release was heavily trounced by comic fans and critics alike. there is no reason for Sony to treat this other than a quick way to make $$. If Cage was not available for this I bet it probably would have gone direct to dvd instead w/ a no name lead as Blaze. They just want to make some extra cash on the property before they let it go back to Marvel. make the sequel super cheap and watch the money come in over time from overseas ticket sales, dvd and cable sales/rights.
Also, I doubt there will much or any merchandise on this ...at most they will again go cheap and just re-use alot of the unsold merch from film 1, slap GR2 on the box and put it stores.

I realize that Ghost Rider didn't make enough money domestically,this time Sony planned on co-financing Ghost Rider 2. Slashing the budget twice just seemed so damn pointless because of that.

^^GR actually did great on dvd making over a 100 million dollars in the US alone.
http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2007/GHSTR-DVD.php

Slashing the budget though of the sequel shows that Sony wants to spend the least possible on GR and still make money off it. There are some directors out there who could do wonders with 75 million. But with Neveldine and Taylor's well known over-the-top style i wonder if they can make that work for GR which is such an effects heavy character.:o

New cast member....
JACEK KOMAN is about to film a key role as Terrokov in GHOST RIDER: SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE.
SOURCE

http://www.comicus.it/view.php?section=rubriche&id=1469

Comicus.it says:

The Romanian site Adevarul.ro reports some movie sequences will be shot at the Corvinilor Castle, also known as Hunedoara Castle, built in the 14th century.

castelul-corvinilor.jpg

Well crud the budget was cut twice? What are we getting a movie using action figures?

So wait is this is going to be an official sequel? I mean I know Nic Cage is back but I always thought it was sort of going to be like how The Incredible Hulk was to the Hulk...a "loose" sequel. Confusing...glad they are going a new direction though Ghost Rider was such a letdown. Will be nice to check out the trailer so I can see whats up.

This is a serious question. Does anyone know if Cage is gonna wear a hair piece again? he's not wearing any in the set pics, so I assume he's not.

With all the issues...is this set for a theatrical release or straight to dvd?

With all the issues...is this set for a theatrical release or straight to dvd?

I think the chances of it going straight to DVD are practically impossible. If Sony wanted that I think they could have pulled the plug by now and gone a different route.

Does anybody actually care about this?! I mean, properly? The first movie was awful.
If they absolutely, POSITIVELY have to do a new GR movie, do a reboot.

Does anybody actually care about this?! I mean, properly? The first movie was awful.
If they absolutely, POSITIVELY have to do a new GR movie, do a reboot.

I know some people that looked forward to this film because they figured the first film set up the story and now the series can really get good. Though in reality the slashed budget just tells me this will be worse then the already horrible first film.

I know some people that looked forward to this film because they figured the first film set up the story and now the series can really get good. Though in reality the slashed budget just tells me this will be worse then the already horrible first film.

Well that goes back to my question I asked earlier which nobody has seemed to answer. Is this even officially a sequel to the first one? I know Nic Cage is back but is it going to be like The Incredible Hulk where it continues the story but doesn't even really acknowledge Hulk.

funny. it's hard to find one positive comment here. that's funny actually because everyone is on the same page..

funny. it's hard to find one positive comment here. that's funny actually because everyone is on the same page..

I'm positive. I mean that as in I hope they are going a different direction than the first in the sense they hired the Crank directors who can bring the action that the first Ghost Rider REALLY lacks. The villain battles in that were atrocious. But like I said I can't figure out if this is an actual continuation of the first film or if it is gonna be like The Incredible Hulk where it sort of skips the whole origin stuff and assumes the audience gets the idea and gets right into the action. Or hell if Nic Cage is going to have a whole new approach to the Johnny Blaze character.

I'm positive. I mean that as in I hope they are going a different direction than the first in the sense they hired the Crank directors who can bring the action that the first Ghost Rider REALLY lacks. The villain battles in that were atrocious. But like I said I can't figure out if this is an actual continuation of the first film or if it is gonna be like The Incredible Hulk where it sort of skips the whole origin stuff and assumes the audience gets the idea and gets right into the action. Or hell if Nic Cage is going to have a whole new approach to the Johnny Blaze character.
Just call it a sequel, there really isn't much to add or subtract from the orign in the first film anyway. The only other way to reboot this is if they were using the Ketch version.

Looks like Blaze traded in his chopper for a crotch rocket....

...or maybe not...heh.
set pics show Blaze's bike, street outfit and without a fake hair piece.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=297052&id=364544669803

V-Max? Interesting choice. I wonder if that just means Yamaha paid the most to have their bike featured.

I'm sort of glad to not see him on a Harley . . . mainly because I'm a big Erik Buell fan and I'm still pissed about what Harley did to him.

. . . though I guess just because that's the bike we're seeing doesn't mean it will be the only one.

The new Ducati Diavel would be cool.

ducati-diavel-carbon.jpg

Just call it a sequel, there really isn't much to add or subtract from the orign in the first film anyway. The only other way to reboot this is if they were using the Ketch version.

If they make a movie not mentioning previous characters or events or changing previous events then who knows. Hell I am curious if Ghost Rider will even have the same look. Can't wait for the trailer just to see what's going on with this thing.

If they make a movie not mentioning previous characters or events or changing previous events then who knows. Hell I am curious if Ghost Rider will even have the same look. Can't wait for the trailer just to see what's going on with this thing.

I have a feeling they arent going to change GRs appearance at all (maybe just not use the spikes) ...in fact i bet that set photo w/ Cage in the leathers will be how GR will look. Just add flaming skull, hands and flame to the bike tires and thats it. I cant see them going crazy w/ this given their budget was cut back so badly.
I am hoping they might use some of Bernie Wrightson's early concept work for the 2001 version but im not holding my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"