Ghost Rider FAQ

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Midnight Ice, Oct 27, 2004.

1. FlameHead Registered

If that happens, you'll have one pissed off fan here.

No prob on the info DavetheMick. Any time; just ask away.

2. Silvers24 Butters, The Boy Wonder

Give me some more details on Ghost Rider, I know and hear of him. But hardly know **** on the Character JOhnny Blaze/Ghost Rider. And who is exactly Blackheart? (I hear he/she is a angle sent from heaven alongside the Devil)

3. Silvers24 Butters, The Boy Wonder

Thanks. I am gonna check them out asap.

4. Riding Ghost Registered

I thought it odd myself.
    There is nothing more straight forward and logical then the way GR was in original series. Real simple, GR/demon is evil but controlled by Blazes conscious to only punish the guilty instead of everyone like he would otherwise do. Yet MSJ said that was too confusing :rolleyes: So he just had to come up with something else.
    I mean really, in the end, if Mephisto has his way, him and his minions will be runnin all over the place, yet we are to understand that somehow Mephisto needs GR to controll things. Why?? just so Mephisto can let loose his demons at a time of his choosing instead of them escaping prematurely. Fine, whatever, that could work, but to say that he has come up with something more logical and understandable than the original premise is very odd indeed.

5. FlameHead Registered

The way I see it is this; Mephisto collects souls. He plays a game with each and everyone one of them (Zarathos for example; he's spent eons toying with his soul, bonding it with several different beings, Blaze being one of them. Just because of a fued they had years ago). To get these souls, he deploys a Spirit of Vengeance to earth to capture them. Now, because of the rules set forth by the beings from all netherworlds, Mephisto can only get the souls of beings that deserve to be in hell (or agree to give them up).

6. FlameHead Registered

Well, I don't think Mephisto has any interest in letting hell loose on earth. He has his own hell and he's very happy with that. He collects souls for his own plane of existance.

Blackheart on the other hand is the one bent on making Earth another Hell, much worse than the Hell controlled by his father. This is what Mephisto is trying to stop in the movie because he doesn't want another hell for evil souls to live in. He wants them for his universe.

7. Riding Ghost Registered

The control Blaze had over Zarathos progressed from the beginning of series to the end(as we all know). In the Beginning Blaze had complete control and as Zarathos asserted himself more it became harder for Blaze to control. Zarathos personality as evil became more and more apparent but he was still only on a mission of vengeance because of Blazes conscious. Why punish anyone? you ask. Why not punish the guilty? Due to Blazes deal with the devil, Zarathos was here, on this earth and fortunately blazes consciouys held him in check enough so that only the guilty got punished, but it was a constant struggle in the end. which was good readin.

Well there are bound to be some similarities between characters that transform into something else. Just because it seems hulkesque doesn't make it a bad thing. There are plenty of other differences to separate the 2.

8. Riding Ghost Registered

It could work, not sure how far they can go with this storyline, but yeah it could work. I was just saying that the original premise is better and for MSJ to say the original premise was more confusing than what you just said is wrong. I'm not dead set against the bounty hunter thing, I was just hoping for a more faithful rendition of the original comic and his reason for not doing it I think is ....misguided. IMO

9. Riding Ghost Registered

I've never heard of a evil power hungry entity being satisfied with what he has.
    Isn't Mephisto basically another term for Satan? I say basically because although I believe they are said to be 2 different entities their goals are essentially the same.
    I read in a book (can't remember the name of it) that there is suppose to be a battle in the end of our time where Heaven goes against hell and the victor gets supremacy over all, heaven, hell and everything in between. If hell wins i.e. satan , there will be hell on earth.

10. Crowley9 Registered

The Bible? Probably not. There it's very clear who comes out on top. That reminds me of Obergeist...

Think about it this way: If Mephisto goes and wages open war against Heaven that would show that Heaven and Hell do actually exist which would probably lead to a whole lot of people making amends for their past sins. Seems to me like a covert war of attrition would be more beneficial for Mephisto.

11. Riding Ghost Registered

however at the end of the war of attrition, then there would be hell on earth, if hell won. But I think I see what your saying, that before the end of that war he wouldn't want demons runnin all over the place, good point C9. Like I said, I'm not dead set against the idea of the bounty hunter angle, I just think its wrong to say that that is less confusing than the original premise behind the Blaze GR and it wasn't neccessary to come up with something new when MSJ could've remained further faithful to the comic.

12. Riding Ghost Registered

Oh ok, I misunderstood what you meant

13. user123456789 Registered

Can GR get his soul back from mephisto?

14. FlameHead Registered

I think no. The deal was made and he is forever cursed. Plus, the essense of Ghost Rider was in him long before he made that deal with the devail. It was in his bloodline.

You have to remember that there is 20 years of history developed for this flaming headed demon... and two completly different storylines. This movie has to cater to both of those groups of fans... and there are elements of both in the movie, from what I can tell.

As for the devils bounty hunter, essentially, that's what Ghost Rider is. I just hasn't been put that way before.

15. Hellcycle2000 Registered

I'm not sure if Crash Simpson is in the movie, i think they replaced him w/ Barton Blaze instead, from what i see in the trailer.

[​IMG]

16. Bucknutty Registered

17. 3dman27 super-hero wannabe

would a movie about the original 19th century ghost rider aka night rider ,no tv series jokes please, work

18. FlameHead Registered

It might work. I'm not really interested in it but, it might work.

That's a good question. I wonder if they're gong to skip the whole adoption thing for the flick and sorta combine the two father figures... or maybe they'll still have Crash as the owner of the stunt show. Who knows really?

19. Exabyte Not your Friend

This board is looking RIP.

20. Mr Nick Registered

Excuse me, Mr. Exabyte, but do you actually have anything to say relating to Ghost Rider? If you do, great, join in and let's talk. If not, please leave.

:mad:

21. Hellcycle2000 Registered

good point Mr. Nick

[​IMG]

22. murdock_matt Browncoat

I've never read the GR comics but I'm very excited about this film. Hopefully the success of MSJ's DD Director's Cut will give him more control over this project.

As for my question, there hasn't been much news on the front page lately concerning this project so does anyone know if principal photography has wrapped on this? I'm sure it has considering how long it's been in production. Where is this film in terms of progress? Any news on an official trailer?

23. FlameHead Registered

Wow, somebody posted in this thread! Hurray!!

Principal photography has been finished for months now. They've been in post since June and I'm sure they're well on their way to a finished project. They digital effects is probably where they are spending most of their time and may have the movie fully edited by now, who knows? I'm sure Ghost Rider imagery is takin' up tonnes of their time.

As for the trailer, your guess is as good as everyone elses. I was personally hoping to see one by Halloweern, a teaser at least. It's a great time to start gettin' people hyped for it.

I'm hoping MSJ will pop in here someday soon to let us know how things are going. Keep your fingers crossed.

24. MoPlaYa Crazy Guy

i cant wait for this movie to come out...or at least the trailer

25. The_Game Registered

Anyone else seen the teaser trailer yet? What did you think? I think it looks good but i've never read the comic so dont have anything to compare it to. I could post the link if anyone wants to see it? Oh and while i'm on could sumone give me some background info on the characters Ghost rider, Mephisto (Fonda looks good in the teaser), Blackheart, Wallow and Abigor

mms://205.178.146.40/191121/ghstrdrteasr.wmv