Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Noticed another little easter egg when watching the trailer again... during the "earthquake" when they run under the table, in the background there's a ton of books stacked high, similar to the opening scene in the library of the original movie.

The mine is a great idea, could be how they got the metal for the girders in Dana's building in the first place.

Looks a bit dull to be honest. Looks like they looked at fan properties that appeal to the left and right like stranger things and said “ok just do that”

I supported Ghostbusters 2016 before release because I like Paul Feig's work generally but his Ghostbusters just wasn't that good. I was a reboot defender but ultimately the movie just doesn't work. Feig has turned into such a crybaby over this film too in my opinion. His need to wag a finger at people for not choosing to watch Charlie's Angels is just embarrassing on top of that. Guy thinks he's accomplishing something by crapping on men but he's just yelling at clouds here. I just wish he wasn't so bitter because I'm a fan.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/2754571001?__twitter_impression=true

9F485F57-EFC9-42B3-A8DE-1AA4DA1B15D9.jpeg

Director Jason Reitman's continuation of his father Ivan's 1980s films centers on a single mom (Carrie Coon) and her kids (Finn Wolfhard and Mckenna Grace) finding out their Ghostbusters connection "at the center of a great mystery that connects back to the original," Jason Reitman says. "As someone who grew up amongst 'Ghostbusters' fans that experienced the original as a child, I always took the 1984 film as a genuine adventure with real stakes." Stars from the first film, including Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd, appear but not their iconic car: The original Ecto-1 remains in storage at Sony. "We wanted to preserve that for film history," so Reitman sourced the exact same 1959 Cadillac model to create the "Afterlife" edition.

Since everyone was being so childish about the property (and I'm still confused as to why Ghostbusters of all things has turned into the most divisive, whiny thing) I kinda checked out of Ghostubusters.

Never saw "Answer the Call" even though I got it for free and I didn't really have interest in this.

But I saw the trailer with 1917...looks pretty good. It does feel very Amblin-esque, but I'm cool with it. Do something a little different with the property. We've gotten 3 movies of scientists in NYC. I'm fine with the direction

Paul Feig Hopes His Ghostbusters Can Coexist With 'Ghostbusters: Afterlife' [TCA 2020]

tenor.gif

"The success of Feig’s 2016 Ghostbusters movie has been unfortunately overshadowed by the toxic trolls complaining about the female Ghostbuster team of Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones."

What success?

Personally, I didn't think his Ghostbusters was that good, but also didn't think it was any worse than Ghostbusters 2, but regardless, the movie didn't do very well at the box office.

Well, the proof is in the box office. If it was a financial success, it would’ve spawned A sequel.

I like Feig but have zero interest in a sequel. He had his moment with Ghostbusters and it passed. I was optimistic about his Ghostbusters and just ended up thinking it was so middle of the road. Ghostbusters: Afterlife just looks better honestly.

I'm not sure if I would even call Ghostbusters 2016 an actual movie. It was more like a feature-length SNL sketch given a high budget.

Look, I'm generally a fan of Feig. He's a good dude and has some pretty funny hits under his belt. But he was all wrong for Ghostbusters. He never got WHY so many people liked the originals, so as SkullDevil put it, he basically made a 90 minute SNL sketch. He's directed some great episodes of fantastic TV shows in the past (The Office, Parks and Rec, Arrested Development, Freaks & Geeks, etc.) but his sensibilities don't align with what makes a "Ghostbusters movie."

So yeah, let's just move past Answer the Call and not make a sequel or bring the two franchises together.

I thought his Ghostbusters was pretty bad. And I wasn't one of the guys complaining about It online. Watched the trailers, looked subpar, ignored it. Later watched it on Netflix and didn't get any positive surprises. I thought it was dumb, unfunny and tone deaf. It felt like an SNL parody of the franchise, and quite frankly even Ghostbusters II was miles better. Kate McKinnon was rad at times, I'll give you that.

But, personally, I had already found Spy to be a a step down from The Heat (which I loved). Have yet to watch A Simple Favor.

Nah, it's The Heat
Yeah, gotta watch A Simple Favor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"