Ghostbusters: Afterlife

To add to my last post, I'm glad the new GB will at least be somewhat different and not the same old "Ghostbusters tackle threat in NYC". I'm sure there will be many similar story beats and moments, but at least a different location and vibe.

As a game, it hasn't aged that well but it's still one of the better movie tie-ins out there that captures the feel of the films. Trapping ghosts and just hearing the banter between the OG four as well as Janine are the best parts of the game.

Smart move. It won't blow your mind as a game these days but it's still a blast for series fans. Dragging ghosts into traps is always satisfying for me. A real gem after losing Ramis as well.

As a game, it hasn't aged that well but it's still one of the better movie tie-ins out there that captures the feel of the films. Trapping ghosts and just hearing the banter between the OG four as well as Janine are the best parts of the game.

I mean it’s a ps3 game obviously :funny: You guys acting like you’re giving some crazy info here “it won’t blow your mind” “it hasn’t aged well” Jesus Christ hahaha. A ps3 game. Enough said there.

I never finished it because the version I had always glitched at a certain point.

I mean it’s a ps3 game obviously :funny: You guys acting like you’re giving some crazy info here “it won’t blow your mind” “it hasn’t aged well” Jesus Christ hahaha. A ps3 game. Enough said there.
I mean, The Last of Us and the first three Uncharteds were PS3 games and they hold up pretty well. Of course it's a stark comparison but there are plenty of 10-15 year old games that hold up. Not to say it's a bad game but Ghostbusters was a lot more impressive when it came out in '09 but what makes it worth playing is the original cast coming back.

I mean, The Last of Us and the first three Uncharteds were PS3 games and they hold up pretty well. Of course it's a stark comparison but there are plenty of 10-15 year old games that hold up. Not to say it's a bad game but Ghostbusters was a lot more impressive when it came out in '09 but what makes it worth playing is the original cast coming back.
A slight disagreement. The first Uncharted does not hold up.

Completely different man you’re gonna compare the Uncharted and Last Of Us franchises run by Naughty Dog one of the best game developers around. For PS exclusive story driven games. To this Ghostbusters game, horrible compassion man. Nobody is expecting this **** be The Godfather of gaming. :funny:

Last edited:
Completely different man you’re gonna compare the Uncharted and Last Of Us franchises run by Naughty Dog one of the best game developers around. For PS exclusive story driven games. To this Ghostbusters game, horrible compassion man.
I even said that the comparison isn't fair but they're still PS3 games.

I guess a more fair comparison would be to Alien Isolation. It's a lot of repetitive gameplay but still succeeds at providing a film-accurate experience.

I even said that the comparison isn't fair but they're still PS3 games.

I guess a more fair comparison would be to Alien Isolation. It's a lot of repetitive gameplay but still succeeds at providing a film-accurate experience.

I dunno whatever let people enjoy whatever they enjoy. I can’t sit here telling people what to like or not like. Dumb as hell. If people absolutely love something I’m not gonna ruin that love for them. If they hate it I’m not gonna try to tell them why they should love it either.

I dunno whatever let people enjoy whatever they enjoy. I can’t sit here telling people what to like or not like. Dumb as hell. If people absolutely love something I’m not gonna ruin that love for them. If they hate it I’m not gonna try to tell them why they should love it either.
At no point did I ever say it was a bad game. I said it hasn't aged that well. That doesn't mean I don't like it or dismissed others for liking it.

At no point did I ever say it was a bad game. I said it hasn't aged that well. That doesn't mean I don't like it or dismissed others for liking it.

Either way I said my peace that’s all, you said yours. I don’t care man. :funny:

Anyway I am ready for the movie. Can’t wait

As someone who missed a lot of games due to having no console between the PS1 and 4, games nothing aging well isn’t an issue for me. Been catching up with a lot of remasters and loved playing stuff like DMC1, Uncharted 1 and RE4. So Ghostbusters shouldn’t be an issue.

The devs put a lot of work into making the proton streams and lighting stuff look great so that holds up quite nicely. The core 'do you feel like a ghostbuster' factor is well captured. It also has a not quite realistic aesthetic with the characters which I think has helped it age. Might have to replay myself now haha.

Weird reaction.

Most likely will be on VOD faster than usual. F9 is already available to rent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"