Gina Carano is No Longer Cara Dune... Fortunately

Oh yeah, on the replacement front, when is Ming Na coming back? Probably with Boba, but yeah, another potential replacement.

Man, i cant believe i once would have campaigned for Gina Carano to be Wonder Woman...now imagine Wonder Woman on Parler...dodged a bullet there did we?
Thankfully i saw the sign early enough.

You can do a lot more with Bo Katan or dozens of others.
I liked cara dune enough, but nothing about the character makes it absolutly neccessary to return.

I guess as a person who could care less about someone's political opinion... I've seen both sides act absolutely awful on social media. If you can't respect someone else's opinion, then whatever dude lol. I have a friend who doesn't want to watch Mando anymore because of Pedro's tweets. You guys want her canceled because of her tweets... just all weird to me lol. A bit of overreaction on both sides. Getting kinda tired of those YouTube videos too. So much divisiveness in everything.

I guess maybe I don't pay as close attention to tweets, but if it's not pedophilia, dog abusing, anything to that extreme, what is the big deal?

I've been wondering when Cara Dune is going to show up though.

Last edited:
Your bar is set way too low. She parrots conspiracy theories at the least and she's transphobic at the worst. A typical right wing bully. I don't give a **** about her tweeting, but if Disney wants to keep the Mandalorian controversy free, she should get fired. She's not even a good actress.

I guess as a person who could care less about someone's political opinion... I've seen both sides act absolutely awful on social media. If you can't respect someone else's opinion, then whatever dude lol. I have a friend who doesn't want to watch Mando anymore because of Pedro's tweets. You guys want her canceled because of her tweets... just all weird to me lol. A bit of overreaction on both sides. Getting kinda tired of those YouTube videos too. So much divisiveness in everything.

I guess maybe I don't pay as close attention to tweets, but if it's not pedophilia, dog abusing, anything to that extreme, what is the big deal?

It is fine if you are in the position privileged enough to not care much about politics, but when someone like her supports a dangerous mindset and helps spreading it...its a problem for others.
You may not be affected by that and im glad for you if thats the case because nobody should be, but for others they simply dont have the luxury of not caring because it activly hurts them.

Transgender people already have very few allies and have it very hard, Gina Carano has a lot of fans and can spread the message against Transgender farther thanks to that.
So it is not just anyones political opinion, it is someones who has influence.

Your bar is set way too low. She parrots conspiracy theories at the least and she's transphobic at the worst. A typical right wing bully. I don't give a **** about her tweeting, but if Disney wants to keep the Mandalorian controversy free, she should get fired. She's not even a good actress.

The thing is that firing her helps this whole "bargh Cancel culture" nonsense, which is not good.
Questionable people have already found a way to use cancel culture *****ing to their advantage, to show them as victims...that is why firing her could maybe help her and people like her.
The fortunate thing is that her role isnt one that needs to be around for good, you can easily write her out and never mention her again without giving her and her base any ammunition.

I don't have a high opinion of Gina Carano as a person, but I come here to talk about the show, so I've already put on ignore the people who want to spend all the time talking about her Twitter instead of the show the forum's about.

If they wanted to fire her, it'd be easy to do, given the show's episodic nature and how characters like Cara Dune just flit in and out sporadically anyway. It'd be no glaring omission if she just didn't come back, you can easily just imagine she's off on her own adventures wherever, or being Greef's enforcer like he offered her in the last season finale. Even if we met Greef again, you could easily just have some throwaway line about how she's off on a mission collecting a bounty for him, or whatever.

There is no both sides to bigotry, refusing to listen to public policy meant to save lives, calling for the military to gun down people in the streets, and engaging in massively debunked conspiracy theories meant to sow the seeds of discontent and violence.

It is fine if you are in the position privileged enough to not care much about politics, but when someone like her supports a dangerous mindset and helps spreading it...its a problem for others.
You may not be affected by that and im glad for you if thats the case because nobody should be, but for others they simply dont have the luxury of not caring because it activly hurts them.

Transgender people already have very few allies and have it very hard, Gina Carano has a lot of fans and can spread the message against Transgender farther thanks to that.
So it is not just anyones political opinion, it is someones who has influence.

The thing is that firing her helps this whole "bargh Cancel culture" nonsense, which is not good.
Questionable people have already found a way to use cancel culture *****ing to their advantage, to show them as victims...that is why firing her could maybe help her and people like her.

The fortunate thing is that her role isnt one that needs to be around for good, you can easily write her out and never mention her again without giving her and her base any ammunition.
Whatever boon one might find at the start, it quickly disappears. See Alex Jones and Milo. People said deplatforming them would be an issue that caused them to grown. Instead, both have become irrelevant.

I didn't mind Cara Dune as a character. I liked her. But her returning means nothing really. Mando is on an adventure with the child and it's about them. He left Cara behind at the end of season 2 and that's where she should stay.

I don’t read her Twitter and disagree with her on political issues (from what I heard) but I will be very disappointed if they fire her over this. It would just prove the people that hate the cancel culture right.

She doesn’t really need to be fired. Just don’t write more stories with her character. I don’t see her as integral. I’d be a lot more disappointed if it was Bo Katan’s future appearances being lost.

I don’t read her Twitter and disagree with her on political issues (from what I heard) but I will be very disappointed if they fire her over this. It would just prove the people that hate the cancel culture right.
That what, being a bigot gets you fired? Why are people acting like that isn't how it should be? If being a racist and transphobe, who openly calls for violence against people of color, and mocks both openly, isn't enough to get you fired, what is?

Last edited:
"Cancel culture" is just capitalism. These companies are just trying to amass as much money and social capital as they can. If Disney gets rid of Gina Carano, it won't be because they think what she posted is bad or they have any morals or anything like that. It's because the market responded and their numbers tell them they'll lose money keeping her or stand to gain money by getting rid of her. It honestly makes it kinda funny to see many of the biggest people to complain about cancel culture are also the first to fall on their swords in defense of capitalism.

Firing her isn’t going to change anything though. If Disney gets rid of her, it would be financially insignificant to them IMO. There will be another actor or actress who comes along, says something stupid on Twitter and then calls for firing of that person. It will be never ending...because it will be cheaper for Disney to fire someone and get the Twitter people off their backs than to enact some real change in their hiring process. This reminds me of the Mulan situation where people were outraged and boycotted the movie, but these were the same people who were probably never going to pay the $30 to get the movie in the first place. They should have been boycotting Disney if they were truly offended.

Frankly, what seems to be the most danger of her job seems like she and Pedro Pascal having a break down.

Some Trumpers are able to keep it inline. See, Chris Pratt. But Gina Carano seems to be encouraging her fans to attack her castmates. She is being an *******, and I don't see that good for her continuing on the Mandalorian.

And while she has not outright stated her transphobia, it is pretty freaking obvious.

Frankly, what seems to be the most danger of her job seems like she and Pedro Pascal having a break down.

Some Trumpers are able to keep it inline. See, Chris Pratt. But Gina Carano seems to be encouraging her fans to attack her castmates. She is being an *******, and I don't see that good for her continuing on the Mandalorian.

And while she has not outright stated her transphobia, it is pretty freaking obvious.

Yea if she’s encouraging her fans to go after her castmates, that’s unprofessional and directly affecting the environment on set, so that’d warrant taking action against her IMO.

Not only is she doing so, she outright thanked a youtuber for "all that you do" while wishing him a happy birthday. All that he does is, as of recently, Pedro Pascal bashing and conspiracy theories. The fact her response earlier this year to her cast member reaching out to her and trying to explain things to her was to claim she understood, then turn around and make fun of it - leading to him even following someone after they called it out - was.... something.

I don’t know why these celebs have Twitter. Nothing good can come out of it for them.
Plenty good has come from people having twitter. Good people. Awareness to issues, causes, and other such things. Bad people having twitter will always be an issue for the bad people.

If it meant robbing Trump of a platform, I’d be willing to see Twitter destroyed. Much as I would miss that delightful Veers Watch and his perfect reviews of Star Wars media.

@DarthSkywalker sorry to hear about your sister. How has she been doing?

My dad was in the hospital for three weeks due to COVID. I can’t fu***ng stand ignorant idiots that go around thinking it’s a fake disease and throw a hissy fit for having to wear face masks
Much better, thankfully. How's your dad? I hope he is doing well.

The flippant nature of how some people discuss the wearing of a mask, playing it down or coming up with any excuse to not wear it. I can't handle how willing so many people seem to be to just risk the lives of other people. Beyond anything else, Carano is awful on this subject, and getting worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"