Days of Future Past Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll never understand the people who says Savages hurt Taylor's career too, but none says Savages and Kick ass hurt Aaron Taylor Jonhson.

Aaron was the other lead of Savages and the big lead of both Kick ass movies, yet none say "he had two flops".

Its the typical double moral with some actors of hollywood.

It's because John Carter and Battleship had more expected out of them for him than was expected for KA2 and Savages.

John Carter was a tale that's been around for awhile that had the Disney machine behind it. Disney films are expected to bring it, so when they don't, a lot more people notice and those people look for things to blame, and they tend to unfortunately fall on the stars, justified or not. With Battleship, it was marketed and even looked like it was to be the next Transformers type series, and when you have something that looks to be in the same vein of something that, which inexplicably at times, is a big success and it doesn't measure up, again, its failure gets noticed that much more.

Savages was a much smaller film on the grand scheme of things, and KA2 already had a successful movie beforehand, and even that wasn't the biggest thing ever, so people more were like, "Well, at least there was one decent one before.", and they moved on.

It's not so much a double standard, but the size of the failures behind the individual movies.

in my point of view, as it uses to happen on life in general, on many different sittuations:

people see what they wanna see.

Some people preffer the positive things of something, and others preffer to notice or to speak about the negative side.

And this happens each year with the movie industry.

oh, did you see it??? Ive been wanting to see it, but my classes leave me tired on the weekend that I have a hard time deciding to go to the city and the theatre. but I dont wanna miss it!

Both Taylor Kitsch and Ben Foster on the same movie?? I CANT miss that

heard so many positive words about the movie and both actors

Yeah, I thought it was a really well made film. Glad its doing well. Very intense. Kitsch, Foster, Hirsch and Wahlberg all did a very good job. Also Well directed by Peter Berg. Much more in his style of Friday Night Lights then Battleship. Even had Expolsions in The Sky do the soundtrack. :up:

Would definitely prefer to see Kitsch back in the role rather then recasting. If Fox is smart they will find a way to pair up Gambit and Rogue in the near future. That will sell. Gotta do Belladonna first though with a Gambit flick.

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought it was a really well made film. Glad its doing well. Very intense. Kitsch, Foster, Hirsch and Wahlberg all did a very good job. Also Well directed by Peter Berg. Much more in his style of Friday Night Lights then Battleship. Even had Expolsions in The Sky do the soundtrack. :up:

Would definitely prefer to see Kitsch back in the roll rather then recasting. If Fox is smart they will pair up Gambit and Rogue in the film.

With the endless complaints regarding Origins, I doubt anyone from that movie will make another appearance in X-Men outside of Jackman. Besides a couple of performances, the acting in the movie was not really the issue. It was the story and production values that sank it IMO. Still, those three flops are still fresh in most people's and critics minds and right or wrong, Kitsch got the blame, especially since he was the lead. Therefore, from a business perspective, Fox would recast or go with a proven box-office actor if they do a solo.

At this point in time, despite the popularity of the characters, Paquin and Kitsch don't put behinds in the seats like Jackman does. But his movie character has been beloved by the majority (even thought some people are getting tired of him) from the start and to this day. I can't say the same with Rogue and Gambit movie versions. I really like Rogue and Gambit, but they have yet to get the movie characterizations fully developed or build up enough steam to for Fox to spend at least $100 million on a solo movie. And I don't want to see some cheapy syfy version for them. Still, I would like the see the characters in an ensemble movie.

Fox have to start expanding. They are never gonna learn if they put asses in seats unless they start reaching out a bit with good films about some of the other X-Men teams and characters. First Class did fine with pretty much zero familiar X-Men team members besides Beast. Gambit and Rogue are both popular enough. Much more so then a majority of comic flicks that are getting the green light now. I can understand wanting to put more marketable actors in the role but Jackman wasn't known when X-Men came out. Gotta take risks at some point. If studios didn't we wouldn't have Jackman as Logan, Depp in Prates or RDJ in Iron Man. These would be smaller films as well, so not as much would be riding on them.

Last edited:
I genuinely love that Anna would be happy to come back.....but it would have to be a OT movie and it appears apocalypse will be a FC film so we might have to wait and that's even if they do one with OT and not a rebooted version

I made this when I saw Angman avatar:

m5gh.jpg

wow, thats it!!

perfect tone! and it almost look real!

just add more brown in her hair, and a bit more colour on the face (the image is too pale) and it would be perfect!

Thanks!

Again with the changes of air and face:

9z6b.jpg

I can't put the image in HQ, it's really big to the post.

better!!

With Anna usual pale skin, Ive always said that she would look better with a more brown hair, since that wont make her look like a vampire (black hair/white skin).

Its a bit how Singer doesnt seem to want an evolution in term of her look.

Love that Rogue look!

I see no reason why her jumpsuit couldn't have been that green in the movie, rather than grey.

because Bryan and Simon put her on a prision, and didnt want to make her stand out too much with the outfit in this context.

I understand it. Lets hope if they get the OC back, Singer finally gives them all the comic costumes for once and for all.

Would be the best way to close an era

because Bryan and Simon put her on a prision, and didnt want to make her stand out too much with the outfit in this context.

I understand it. Lets hope if they get the OC back, Singer finally gives them all the comic costumes for once and for all.

Would be the best way to close an era

Apparently,
it wasn't a prison, though she was held captive.
Someone who read the script said
the mansion had been turned into a lab in the future and she was being held there.

Prison uniforms don't use to be fashionable :cwink:

Fox have to start expanding. They are never gonna learn if they put asses in seats unless they start reaching out a bit with good films about some of the other X-Men teams and characters. First Class did fine with pretty much zero familiar X-Men team members besides Beast. Gambit and Rogue are both popular enough. Much more so then a majority of comic flicks that are getting the green light now. I can understand wanting to put more marketable actors in the role but Jackman wasn't known when X-Men came out. Gotta take risks at some point. If studios didn't we wouldn't have Jackman as Logan, Depp in Prates or RDJ in Iron Man. These would be smaller films as well, so not as much would be riding on them.

That is why I said they should us an unknown (also cheaper) or someone known who would be perfect (I like out the box casting--to a point). But, please not Tatum. I don't care if he reads the comics, loves the character, and is from New Orleans. So what? He just does not read Gambit in appearance and characterization to me. Frat boy, jock or something like that, but not Gambit. He already ruined Duke for me, but it was not like the G.I. Joe movies were any good despite him.

Apparently,
it wasn't a prison, though she was held captive.
Someone who read the script said
the mansion had been turned into a lab in the future and she was being held there.

Yeah cuz when she was captured they thought hmm a green and yellow costume is what you really need :o

I posted another change, this tim about Iceman, obiusly in his post.

Loving the manip(s). Paquin really grew into the character...more so than any other of the young X-Men.

Has there been any word on if she went up for reshoots this weekend or not?

Loving the manip(s). Paquin really grew into the character...more so than any other of the young X-Men.

Has there been any word on if she went up for reshoots this weekend or not?

No idea, but it looks like someone's been chatting with Anna on Twitter, possibly about DOFP. https://twitter.com/SellensS

Anna's account is locked, so you can't see her messages, but one of this person's responses to her, dated Jan 31 is:

"@TheAnnaHelene if that means what I hope it means then YES!! nice one will be an epic movie now."

Maybe she was in Montreal? There are a couple of other messages to her on that person's twitter, you can't see Anna's responses though, so not sure if it's even really her...? Can anyone verify?

No idea, but it looks like someone's been chatting with Anna on Twitter, possibly about DOFP. https://twitter.com/SellensS

Anna's account is locked, so you can't see her messages, but one of this person's responses to her, dated Jan 31 is:

"@TheAnnaHelene if that means what I hope it means then YES!! nice one will be an epic movie now."

Maybe she was in Montreal? There are a couple of other messages to her on that person's twitter, you can't see Anna's responses though, so not sure if it's even really her...? Can anyone verify?

I don't think thats her account even private. Why would she have X-Men icon as her icon and an X-men default background. I know she respects the series but most celebs have an head-shot or something that no fan could yes to be a poser with. Here it is.

Safe to say it's not her. Good looking out but this isn't legit.

Incase you missed it Anna Paquin make an appearance in a Time Warner Cable Super Bowl Commercial with Liev Schreiber!!!

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk7U7MT9cxI[/YT]

It's nothing related to X-Men but I love those two...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back