Days of Future Past Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I don't believe that Rogue only had 1 scene in the movie. We saw her twice in the trailer. Then there's pictures of her in the X-Jet and the X-Temple.

I think when Singer says she wad just in one scene he means that she only interacts with somebody or something in one scene. In the scenes you mentioned above she would likely just stand there, looking pretty.

Like in the X-Temple? and the X-Jet? So you're saying she's there just to stand there and look pretty.

Obviously Magneto/Iceman rescued Rogue from somewhere to help the X-Men's mission in saving their future. They didn't just rescue Rogue just for the sake of it.

I was looking forward to seeing Anna in the movie the most but I didn't know how much until my interest in the movie pretty much nosedived with the news that she's not in it. I will still watch it eventually, but not with the same urgency as before, and I am busy on opening weekend anyway. Did I say nosedived? NOSEDIVED.

The Rogue character is basically the soul of the X-franchise. Wolverine is a huge international draw, yes, but he was never as effective as he was when he was part of the unlikely and yet somehow perfect pairing with Rogue. His strength and her vulnerability... seriously needs to be revisited. It was something special there, and from the sound of the rumours, this would've been a very emotional and dramatically tense moment with them in the third act. Why cut her scenes? Who really cares about the other characters in comparison?

First Class was really not all that, except for the birthday candle scene shared between McAvoy and Fassbender. The rest? Not emotional at all, pretty contrived, and some seriously poor, overacted lines like "Mutant and proud!". Seriously? Way too obvious and conspicuous to be anything but laughable and cheesy. Rogue and Wolverine's train station scene was handled with so much more subtlety and emotional weight, not to mention the truck scenes.

I just don't think it's that smart to cut her scenes. Without that pain that is Rogue, it's really just a children's story, regardless of all the "lets incorporate real things from history to make it seem more serious". Its cool in theory but if you don't improve from FC, it's kind of gimmicky. And Professor X's inner turmoil? Mystique? Who cares. She's a great lethal background character where you just get hints of her story, if you reveal too much about her she has no more mystique (which was one of the problems with her in FC.)

I was looking forward to seeing Anna in the movie the most but I didn't know how much until my interest in the movie pretty much nosedived with the news that she's not in it. I will still watch it eventually, but not with the same urgency as before, and I am busy on opening weekend anyway. Did I say nosedived? NOSEDIVED.

The Rogue character is basically the soul of the X-franchise. Wolverine is a huge international draw, yes, but he was never as effective as he was when he was part of the unlikely and yet somehow perfect pairing with Rogue. His strength and her vulnerability... seriously needs to be revisited. It was something special there, and from the sound of the rumours, this would've been a very emotional and dramatically tense moment with them in the third act. Why cut her scenes? Who really cares about the other characters in comparison?

First Class was really not all that, except for the birthday candle scene shared between McAvoy and Fassbender. The rest? Not emotional at all, pretty contrived, and some seriously poor, overacted lines like "Mutant and proud!". Seriously? Way too obvious and conspicuous to be anything but laughable and cheesy. Rogue and Wolverine's train station scene was handled with so much more subtlety and emotional weight, not to mention the truck scenes.

I just don't think it's that smart to cut her scenes. Without that pain that is Rogue, it's really just a children's story, regardless of all the "lets incorporate real things from history to make it seem more serious". Its cool in theory but if you don't improve from FC, it's kind of gimmicky. And Professor X's inner turmoil? Mystique? Who cares. She's a great lethal background character where you just get hints of her story, if you reveal too much about her she has no more mystique (which was one of the problems with her in FC.)
It's only your opinion. Singer and co. do whatever they want. Of course it is very sad that Rogue will not be in this movie but life is harsh :yay: . All we can do - admit it and look forward to see this movie.

This ******** about cutting Rogue from DOFP is pretty annoying

Agreed.
The GA probably doesn't even care if is in it or not.

the GA doesnt care about most characters.

hell, Mystique could even not be in the movie, but Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Rogue, Gambit and all the x-men do, and the GA would be perfectly happy too.

None will make or break the movie.

rogue will not make or break this film

You're certainly right about that. Anyone that had any thoughts that she was key or central in anyway was kidding themselves. This is further proof. Many posters on this particular thread had grand ideas about her arc--tensions between characters, etc...

At the very least, there was a reasonable hope that her character may have been able to redeem herself a bit in this film. I think that's what a lot of the uproar is about, but it's being misplaced and misinterpreted.

Singer is PERFECTLY capable of making a great film. With or without Rogue. It just so happens, he's making it without this beloved character this time around.

It's that when I heard Rogue was in this movie I thought she must have something good, there must be a good reason she's in this, she will be redeemed. Sometimes things aren't just "for the plot" and are for characters. I like character moments. Was Pyro needed in X2 at all? No, but he was an interesting character and had good moments. But the entire movie could have been done without him. Singer is sacrificing Rogue for what reason? I doubt the "rescue scene" was impossible to put into the film. They probably just wanna cut the time down and/or don't care about Anna Paquin. Otherwise this sounds like an important, dark and serious character arc. I'd rather see that in this film...than other pointless stuff that might appear.

It's that when I heard Rogue was in this movie I thought she must have something good, there must be a good reason she's in this, she will be redeemed. Sometimes things aren't just "for the plot" and are for characters. I like character moments. Was Pyro needed in X2 at all? No, but he was an interesting character and had good moments. But the entire movie could have been done without him. Singer is sacrificing Rogue for what reason? I doubt the "rescue scene" was impossible to put into the film. They probably just wanna cut the time down and/or don't care about Anna Paquin. Otherwise this sounds like an important, dark and serious character arc. I'd rather see that in this film...than other pointless stuff that might appear.

It was said she had 2-3 scenes in the movie and her part in the third act was pivotal and I think this tweet implies she was to appear in Apocalypse bc of the third act sequence and not now since was cut.

3TflPAq.jpg

Last edited:
the prison break scene probably had to go for time so they have given rogues role to kitty, it makes sense because whatever rogue would have done would have been because of kittys powers anyway

I think when Singer says she wad just in one scene he means that she only interacts with somebody or something in one scene. In the scenes you mentioned above she would likely just stand there, looking pretty.

Not just that but I'm thinking those shots(not scenes)of her in the tunnel and then in the X-Jet were in fact all the same scene. Meaning, it didn't cut away to some other characters. It followed her and Magneto through the tunnel all the way to the Jet...which would count as only one scene since it never broke away to show another character then cut back to them.

That's my guess. There is no reason for Brian to lie and he knows it would piss off the fans, even though the GA are the ones that will make these films the most money.

It was said she had 2-3 scenes in the movie and her part in the third act was pivotal and I think this tweet implies she was to appear in Apocalypse bc of the third act sequence and not now since was cut.

3TflPAq.jpg

That is just insanity. It almost feels like a conspiracy. What would have gone down? I think its all.part of the plan. I'll admit if I'm wrong though. Do these guys know shes out of that or are they assuming because of the neqs

This is reaching X3 peaks all over again. Her role is gone, according to Singer. But enter the conspiracy theorists anyway.

Nothing from Paquin or a follow up from Singer?

Why? We don't need a follow-up from them. He's already told us point blank that he cut her role from the movie. What else is there that needs to be told?! Once again, Paquin is a professional as is Singer. This isn't come conspiracy where Singer is out to get Paquin maliciously as far as we know.

He cut her scenes from the movie - big deal. The world will continue to spin and the movie will be released next May without any hitch.

Why don't we sit back and let the man make his movie, seriously.

It's only your opinion. Singer and co. do whatever they want. Of course it is very sad that Rogue will not be in this movie but life is harsh :yay: . All we can do - admit it and look forward to see this movie.

This ******** about cutting Rogue from DOFP is pretty annoying

True, and this is also "only your opinion". Singer and co. do whatever they want? Thanks for a lesson in the obvious, brainiac, lol. Stating an opinion also doesn't necessarily make something right or wrong, and it's pretty well-established that Rogue's character served a huge emotional purpose in the movie. It's been said Professor X is supposed to serve that purpose in this movie. Seriously, who cares about Professor X's emotions? He looks cool with the hair and the depressed look, let him stay that way.

Now about this "all we can do" business is "admit it and look forward to see this movie" - obviously it's not all I can do, I can complain ALL I WANT muahahahaha and I shall continue just for you.

Also, I really don't look forward to this movie as much and I can't really pretend that I do. Like I said, I will still see it! I'll wait till the crowds are less busy though.

Why? We don't need a follow-up from them. He's already told us point blank that he cut her role from the movie. What else is there that needs to be told?! Once again, Paquin is a professional as is Singer. This isn't come conspiracy where Singer is out to get Paquin maliciously as far as we know.

He cut her scenes from the movie - big deal. The world will continue to spin and the movie will be released next May without any hitch.

Why don't we sit back and let the man make his movie, seriously.

Paquin can certainly be asked about it at an event or twitter or something. Its not like that isn't going to happen.

This is reaching X3 peaks all over again. Her role is gone, according to Singer. But enter the conspiracy theorists anyway.
To be fair, Singer has mislead fans before, so I can see where some folks are coming from. And for my part I'll hear any theory out.

That being said, looking back at X3...yeah, I'd advise people not get their hopes up on this one.

there wasn't really any interviews with paquin when it looked like she was in it let alone now

I've said it before but this is a very unique situation to cut an entire character out!

I also wonder wether the cut it is for story reasons as well as time and length?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"