Days of Future Past Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the spoilers are probably fake so I will continue to suffer :woot:

When that magazine comes out, we will know! There is supposed to be a statement in there by Singer confirming her status re: DOFP once and for all. :yay:

This is getting sooo hard......it's like what could have been! All these spoilers! :(

The back pose is Rogue's signature pose in X-Men movies!

Remember her X2 poster?

Jean Grey had the same pose in X2. I think we need a comparison. :oldrazz:

T5FOpBQ.jpg
jean-grey-01.jpg

That new Rogue cover is the most Anna's looked like the character.

People

If she is cut she is cut.

There is nothing we can do about that.

harrassing singer does not help one bit.
I agree there are a lot of mixed signals, but i take comfort in the knowledge that her scene / scenes will be on the dvd and will love that.

I agree that Anna looks most Rogue now like she never did.

Jean Grey had the same pose in X2. I think we need a comparison. :oldrazz:

T5FOpBQ.jpg
jean-grey-01.jpg

That was also in the Dr. Pepper cans and boxes and there's some pictures online of that ass pose with the tag "YOU COULD..." :oldrazz:

I remember those Dr.Pepper cans. I bought a case for the X-Men cans lol, horrible tasting soda ugh.

does anyone know what flavor Dr. Pepper is? Battery acid perhaps? :o

As disappointed as I am about Rogue being cut, I don't have any reason to believe Singer's lying. If her role was so top secret, why even mention her involvement in the film in the first place? Why not just deny, deny, deny from the get go like with Famke? This whole thing is a mess. They shouldn't have released the Rogue cover.

For the exact same reason Famke's role in The Wolverine was kept a secret only until the first trailer came out; publicity. Anna has been doing quite a popular and controversial show for the last 6-7 years, and she's won an oscar, no matter how long ago...she is way more bankable than Nicholas Hoult, Daniel Cudmore, any of the new mutants, or even, dare I say, Ellen Page. That's why they might be trying to cover up her role, yet advertizing her role (or lack of) in the film, because that puts the film out there, IMHO

For the exact same reason Famke's role in The Wolverine was kept a secret only until the first trailer came out

totally different situation, singer already out right said she was involved ages ago so he would be showing how unprofessional he would be to then lie to media after putting her out there in first place

there is a different with the director saying no someone ain't involved and then surprise they have a cameo to the director to speak out and say she is involved... Then say oh she ain't now sorry.. then she is involved tadaaaa surprise!

Last edited:
I have to say, if it is all a marketing ploy and it turns out she is in the film and was all along, they will have succeeded in pulling off one heck of a stunt, because it seems most people are convinced she's not in it.

What's starting to become clear to me though, is that they really don't want us to know for sure either way. They want us in those theater seats opening night. I'll be really surprised if the 'definitive' answer we get in Empire is really as definitive as they say, or if it'll just lead to more confusion.

That, coupled with the fact that there's always the possibility that things could change in the editing process between now and May, and I'm thinking they just may refrain from commenting at all on the whole Rogue issue, as they've already been doing for the last month. Why would they need to? They've successfully thrown everyone off.

If she's in and they didn't want people to know, they've now got most convinced that she's been cut. On the other hand, if she's not in it, no one will be shocked, because they already told us that. Also, by not commenting on it further (and by having already covered their butts by saying Rogue will still appear in promotional materials), they can't really be accused of being outright dishonest about that, either.

Again, I'll be surprised if we actually get a 'definitive' answer in Empire.

As much as I like Rouge I think it's safe to say that her role was cut from the film. The director who is in the editing phase of the movie has said that her scene was cut in an interview with a legit source. Yes, filmmaker and actors have lied about things in movies, but in this case I don't think he is lying. But who knows We could all be surprised come May 23rd lol.

As much as I like Rouge I think it's safe to say that her role was cut from the film. The director who is in the editing phase of the movie has said that her scene was cut in an interview with a legit source. Yes, filmmaker and actors have lied about things in movies, but in this case I don't think he is lying. But who knows We could all be surprised come May 23rd lol.

Then why do we need a 'definitive' answer in Empire? I'm like, 99% sure she's out too, but either way, we're getting played. No one will no for 100% sure till opening night.

I think the fact that its comments from singer and kinberg in the magazine mean she is definitely out, Purely because I think they are going to explain how it didnt work for the film.

I think the fact that its comments from singer and kinberg in the magazine mean she is definitely out, Purely because I think they are going to explain how it didnt work for the film.

This pretty much. Either way I am angry because she is a fan favorite and easily could have been a standout in the movie with just 5 minutes of a display of power. It's a failure on the part of Brian and Fox for sure.

Then why do we need a 'definitive' answer in Empire? I'm like, 99% sure she's out too, but either way, we're getting played. No one will no for 100% sure till opening night.

But then again, maybe he role is spoiler territory and has a huge impact on the story or sets up the next movie, so they are trying to make it a surprise. But that's more wishful thinking than anything. But my gut is saying that they aren't lying with these interview quotes and stuff. So everyone should just assume it's true and wait for the Blu Ray to see her scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"