Days of Future Past Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason why I could buy that is because he announced her ASAP on twitter possibly before realizing how it should be marketed.

The reason why I could buy that is because he announced her ASAP on twitter possibly before realizing how it should be marketed.

he would show he is very unprofessional to try and hide something like this even though apparently she is ok to be in marketing and then singer has his tail between his legs :p

maybe but if the movie is the best X film yet I think the ordeal would be forgotten quickly.

Especially when Rogue probably had a pivotal role in the movie, at least in early script.
Here the comment about it

Oh, thanks for linking that.

"She had a huge pivotal role in the script we read, so it seems surprising that they were able to drop her completely." -Drew McWeeny

What does that mean??? Did it take a huge amount of work to edit her out?

Last edited:
It's not a fact until we see it with our own eyes in theatres come May 23. Afterall it's a fact that the X2 production released an image of Jean Grey at the White House. It's a fact that Chris Claremont only blinded Jean Grey in the novelization. It's a fact that Famke said she wasn't in The Wolverine. It's a fact that Marion Cottilard said she's not Miranda Tate. Yet the eventual films showed otherwise.

Anna Paquin more than likely is cut from DOFP as per Bryan's interview. However there's still a sliver of hope that her scenes have been saved.

Just for the sake of discussion, I'd just like to counter these. The still in the White House can just chalked up to the plot twist of her dying, and it's a big difference between not spoiling a plot point and saying that someone is cut from the film completely.

Novelizations rarely have any impacts on the films, as we'd have seen a lot more things if that were the case.

Famke's involvement was something that was likely to never have gotten out in the first place, so she either was told to lie, or did so on her own to have a bit of harmless fun with it. Also different from announcing someone was in the film and then saying they were cut later.

Cottiliard's was also a twist that most could see coming, so there was little she could do other than deny it unless she came right out and said "Oh yeah, I'm Talia is disguise!" which is just kinda pointless. She was in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

Does anybody has that picture from X2 where Jean is in the White House with the rest of the x-men? ( sorry for the off-topic :/ )

We will know more in a few hours.
I can not get empire here in Holland.
So could someone do me a favor and post the Rogue has been cut part please ?

totally different situation, singer already out right said she was involved ages ago so he would be showing how unprofessional he would be to then lie to media after putting her out there in first place

there is a different with the director saying no someone ain't involved and then surprise they have a cameo to the director to speak out and say she is involved... Then say oh she ain't now sorry.. then she is involved tadaaaa surprise!

I think there would've been more questions if he didn't announce Anna Paquin with the rest of the cast on Twitter. Add that to how quickly a sighting of the actress in the city where they're filming could get out.

Just for the sake of discussion, I'd just like to counter these. The still in the White House can just chalked up to the plot twist of her dying, and it's a big difference between not spoiling a plot point and saying that someone is cut from the film completely.

Novelizations rarely have any impacts on the films, as we'd have seen a lot more things if that were the case.

*Famke's involvement was something that was likely to never have gotten out in the first place, so she either was told to lie, or did so on her own to have a bit of harmless fun with it. Also different from announcing someone was in the film and then saying they were cut later.

Cottiliard's was also a twist that most could see coming, so there was little she could do other than deny it unless she came right out and said "Oh yeah, I'm Talia is disguise!" which is just kinda pointless. She was in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

I agree with this which is why I said I'm ready for her to NOT be in the film. But to say that it's a FACT she's not in the film is incorrect. The above examples of filmmakers and actors lying says otherwise.

Besides what's the harm in having people being open to her potentially not being edited out?

*Though it was obvious they weren't going to keep Famke's role a secret. Afterall she was in the trailers, ads and she had her own poster.

People

If she is cut she is cut.

Sorry but if people are seeing a new picture of her. Some people especially who is still hoping she's in the film would think twice about the possibility that she might be in the movie.

If they include her in more marketing materials and in posters, people would just continue speculating.

I am one of the hopefull fans that hopes that Rogue is in. She is my favorite character. But what i meant is if she is cut she is cut. We can not do much about it accept feeling betrayed and bummed.

hoping she is still in, besides gambit and wolverine rogue is my favourite character
huge fan of anna in the original trilogy and in true blood also

Via Empire.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=39967

"It was one real sequence in the movie," explains Kinberg. "We felt like it was taking tension out of the main story drive." This is the sole scene Singer revealed he had cut from the film during the editing process a month ago, much to the chagrin of fans who wanted to see more of Anna Paquin's touchy mutant, especially as she is a survivor of the Sentinel apocalypse with Ian McKellen's Magneto, Patrick Stewart's Professor X, Hugh Jackman's Wolverine and the rest.

"It does not mean that we won't see her in the film," Singer adds, enigmatically. "Also, I hope to make the sequence available on the DVD as she was quite wonderful in it. She is an important part of the X-Men family. I 'm very pleased she will remain as one of Empire's anniversary covers."

The most important thing to take away there: "It does not mean that we won't see her in the film." Presumably, even with Rogue's key scene scene removed, the character will have a fleeting background role of some capacity.

I don't think thats the direct answer, but with that interview, I think she is still in the movie.

Its either she's in or out and Bryan Singer can't say "she's out".

What a away to mess around with fans!!!

If she's in the film without that scene, I fear she's going to be again a dull character, like in TLS.

Now I need to see Anna commenting on this movie, with TLS it was so obvius how disappointed she was that her enthusiasm or lack of it will be the best indicator for the kind of Rogue we will see (or not).

Last edited:
Trust Singer to not be clear, even with his own Press Releases. :oldrazz: I knew even with that Entertainment Weekly "Breaking News" it wasn't clear if she was cut or not. :doh:

Looks like the "fact" right now is she is still in the movie. Here's hoping she still fills a pivotal role in the flick.

What a away to mess around with fans!!!

If she's in the film without that scene, I fear she's going to be again a dull character, like in TLS.

Now I need to see Anna commenting on this movie, with TLS it was so obvius how disappointed she was that her enthusiasm or lack of it will be the best indicator for the kind of Rogue we will see.

Be greatful she is in it at all :p I am not going to bash Singer for this because he clearly likes rogue but felt that one of her scenes didnt fit, which is acceptable :)

Be greatful she is in it at all :p I am not going to bash Singer for this because he clearly likes rogue but felt that one of her scenes didnt fit, which is acceptable :)

After 14 year waiting for some real Rogue, her just being in this movie is not enough for me, as it was not enough in TLS. They better made something stunning for her to make me move my ass to the theater.

After 14 year waiting for some real Rogue, her just being in this movie is not enough for me, as it was not enough in TLS. They better made something stunning for her to make me move my ass to the theater.

Maybe the scène will not be cut. Wait and see the movie maybe she surprises you.
I for one am greatfull she is in the movie.
Even if she dies in the beginning I would not care as long as we see Rogue on the big screen and will not be nightcrawlerd to have no mention at all in the movie.

"It does not mean that we won't see her in the film"

YES :D

I'd still like that X-Mansion scene restored, but at least Rogue is in it in some capacity :)

Come on!! he's clearly playing with the fans

she will be in the movie, lol

Sounds like she may be more a small cameo, if he cut a big sequence

it all sounds rather don't expect to much

Last edited:
Is anyone else as pissed as I am with that quote? Say what you mean ad mean what you say Singer! :argh:

I think it means she's in it but not to expect much. Regardless, I'm happy to hear Paquin is still enthusiastic about the role and wants to kick more butt as Rogue. I hope she still feels the same way, after having her role reduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"