Days of Future Past Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wall:
She's a professional actor who received a nice paycheck. So, the answer is "no."

I keep forgetting about the financial aspect of this industry. :facepalm:

Can't wait to see the Rogue scene in the home release.

I hope they will include it as an extended cut. Being part of an extended cut makes a huge difference from being part of the deleted scenes. The former gives you a feeling of continuity while the latter just provides a "what if" feeling towards the end, IMHO.

Do you think finishing the effects means an alternate cut could be released? I dont know why they'd finish it if its just a deleted scene or two.

Do you think finishing the effects means an alternate cut could be released? I dont know why they'd finish it if its just a deleted scene or two.

Sounds that way. They did an extended cut for The Wolverine, so they could do something similar for DOFP.

Yes! That's good news!
I can't wait till I see these scenes
dofp_rogue_iceman_magneto.gif

annaxmen.jpg

Whoa this is the first time I saw Anna in the jet for DOFP!

Yeah my guess is we are going to get an uncut edition. Perhaps we will see far more of the future
That would be terrific. :up:

Awesome, but damn.
Yeah, it is a bit sad as it could potential look amazing on the big screen. But story first I always say. Pacing and relevance are two major factors in that.

Have a problem? Report me.
Like a boss!!! :eek:

In reference to some things I have read in here -

I can't remember the actor at the moment....but I remember an actor saying that as they were watching the final cut of a movie they were in that was directed by Ron Howard, they noticed that a scene they had shot was cut from the movie. They said that at first they were kind of mad about it....then they noticed that a scene with Ron's dad was cut....and he thought - if the director thought a scene with his own father needed cutting (the only scene his dad had), how can I complain that "one" of my scenes in a 2 hour movie was cut?

If someone takes the time to read through the "making of" stuff from many movies....there are thousands of stories about actors shooting things for movies and them eventually being cut. It happens. No conspiracies....it's just a fact of life for people in the movie business. Kevin Costner's "breakout" scenes that were to make him a star in THE BIG CHILL....were cut. All you see left are his hands and part of his body in a coffin.

Another thing I have garnered from reading the last few pages in here....rules change. If we see that something that was once allowed is being abused...we change the rules to stop it. Life's that simple.
Just a bit more proof that C. Lee literally has the perfect story for any situation. :)

With this latest news on the effects for Rogue's scenes being finished, it seems TPTB are super confident that no matter how good the sequence was, it just didn't belong in the final product. I have doubts now that the scenes were cut just for running time reasons. They obviously made some major changes to the story. It'll be interesting to see what differences there are between the two versions if they release an alternate or extended cut.

Maybe we can get an extended original version cut.

In my opinion, they wouldn't call it extended. More like an alternate version. I doubt we are gonna see a version of the movie with Rogue's scenes tacked in.

Anyway, I can't wait to see the scenes that were cut and hopefully the visual effects are stellar even if they didn't make the final cut.

In my opinion, they wouldn't call it extended. More like an alternate version. I doubt we are gonna see a version of the movie with Rogue's scenes tacked in.

Anyway, I can't wait to see the scenes that were cut and hopefully the visual effects are stellar even if they didn't make the final cut.

A lot of films will allow the viewer to watch them with the alternate footage integrated in. That would be very nice, and it wouldn't be very difficult.

I remember there was a major push to get a release of True Romance with Tarantino's original chronology. They didn't do it, but they did have an alternate last act that can be viewed as part of the entire film.

Can't wait for the final season. I was a bit disappointed with season 5 and 6, but I liked the ending of 6. So hopefully season 7 ends well. Gonna suck not seeing as much of Anna now. Would love to see her on another show.

I'm over thinking about the Rogue stuff. I will go in and love and enjoy DoFP and just put it past me. Hopefully they do release the alternate cut/extended cut.

just saw a screening of X-Men. Awesome movie. I'm a huge fan of Rogue and found it kinda sad that her only scene is of her walking away. :( I really hope we get to see her deleted scenes.

Does that mean they will release the deleted sequence on iTunes first before the DVD? These days, do they even include deleted scenes on DVD?

Does that mean they will release the deleted sequence on iTunes first before the DVD? These days, do they even include deleted scenes on DVD?

That is a good question.
I personally am a sucker for deleted scenes. I love them. It gives some extra story to a movie.

My hopes are they release the scenes on iTunes soon. But that they put it on dvd to.

To anyone thats seen it: during the opening and ending credits is Anna's name still a stand alone/ i.e in big font by itself as if she was a big part of the film ( which she was but...) or just in the big cast credits in the end??? Going with my sister who loves true blood. I havent told Anna was cut haha....

Stand-alone and she's billed after Nicholas Hoult and before Ellen Page.

So her cameo is
just of her walking away at the end of the movie??!!
If so that's super LAME and they might as well just left her cut from the movie.

If they release her scenes on iTunes, it would be a tad odd. It also would sound like there's no alternate cut

When watching the movie you can see where her scenes were cut. And to be honest I think it would of been fine if they put her scene in the movie. It's over 2 hrs long why not put her scenes in.

So her cameo is
just of her walking away at the end of the movie??!!
If so that's super LAME and they might as well just left her cut from the movie.

Audience cheered when I saw it. And it would have looked strange to leave her out at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"