Days of Future Past Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why xDOFPx is going so hard against Storm but I stand by my statement that all any of us can do is speculate.

may I just ask, why do you believe that Anna had four-five days of focused filming but Halle did not have two weeks (or the most part of two weeks) of focused filming?

Why is the very idea that Storm could be more of a major player than Rogue so impossible to be true? As I said before, since X2 Storm has been more of a major player than Rogue, it's not like this would be out of the blue. It's not like I'm saying colossus is more of a major player than her.

Because Patrick Stewart said some had focused filming and Anna only filmed with certain actors during that week. Halle filmed around most or all of them with the exception of Anna. Going by cast tweets it seems like general filming was going on during that period. So that is why I don't think Halle had two full weeks of focused filming on Storm. That would be a lot of screen minutes which isn't what Halle herself indicated. Therefore all this points towards only some of those days being Storm focused and the rest being other stuff.

Anna was filming True Blood at the time so did not have the opportunity to stick around Montreal for extra days when not being used or barely being. She had to do all her stuff at once. Halle had some free time to spare as she wasn't working on another project at the exact same time.

The amount of time on set is no hint to us. Other than we can speculate Storm and Rogue don't have tons of screen minutes. Which isn't the end of the world. So long as they're used well and to their full potential I'd take 10-15 minutes of each. It would be an improvement on X3 no matter what. I think some posters are overestimating how big Storm is. Don't let her getting a scene in the teaser lull you into thinking she's a major player. We just don't know that.

But Halle has indicated that Storm is not a major player screen time wise so it's hard to discount that.

Was this discussion not about Rogue's screentime? I feel like you are just on the Storm hate train now.

Halle herself said she was one of the first ones in and the first ones out. I don't see why Bryan would keep a pregnant woman in Montreal doing nothing when every day she is getting bigger. The appearances point more towards Halle having a couple weeks of focused filming than not.

This is also something to keep in mind.

Was this discussion not about Rogue's screentime? I feel like you are just on the Storm hate train now.

I don't hate Storm :wow: She's one of my favorite characters. I am saying she probably isn't a major character though. Going by what Halle said that's likely the case. That's not hating, that's being realistic. I also don't think Rogue is one either and I never have. That's my point. People are jumping to conclusions based on wishful thinking and not the evidence.

If you'd kept track of actor tweets and who was filming when and for how long it gave a hints that are more solid than wishful thinking. Which is what a lot of people are basing their posts on when they attack others who are basing it on BTS info. I've never said I know how much screen time any character has, in fact I've said the opposite. But Halle has indicated that Storm is not a major player screen time wise so it's hard to discount that.

Daniel was on set for weeks because he was filming around everyone else so that set time will tell us nothing about how big a role he has. Neither will trailer footage because he's had none so far. Which is my point. Rogue and others barely being featured doesn't indicate they're not major players, we know Kitty is one and she's not around much. It's more down to who is the most marketable and who can have more scenes included without it giving all the storyline away.

No-one has said Storm is a major player in the plot. She is a popular character, there is a difference. You are acting like you know for a fact she is. When in reality you don't know anything. We have no idea who of the future characters will get the most pivotal material. Although we can safely guess Professor X and Magneto are likely candidates.

I've never said that Storm is definitely a major player, my posts used terms like 'could' and 'suggest'. You on the other hand have stated like it was scripture that Storm definitely won't be a major player.

The difference between you and me is I'm speculating and you're not. You seem to know for a fact that she won't be a major player. When the evidence doesn't point in that way.

I don't hate Storm :wow: She's one of my favorite characters. I am saying she probably isn't a major character though. Going by what Halle said that's likely the case. That's not hating, that's being realistic. I also don't think Rogue is one either and I never have. That's my point. People are jumping to conclusions based on wishful thinking and not the evidence.

Sorry about that, but this really seemed to turn into a Rogue vs. Storm thing. Can we all just agree that both will be in this movie, no matter for how long and see what comes from it? :yay:

Edit:
Let me just say one more thing about this debate before returning on topic (ROGUE):

“Storm probably won’t be as badass as she was going to be because we won’t be able to do any fighting or flying or things like that. She’ll be different than we originally planned her to be but I still think she’ll be an integral part of this new X-Men movie.”

Remember how she felt Storm wasn't big enough in X2? Yeah, rewrites.

Rogue thread blowing the hell up on this forum. lol. Teaser trailer just hit and fans wanna know where the hell is ROGUE!

Sorry about that, but this really seemed to turn into a Rogue vs. Storm thing. Can we all just agree that both will be in this movie, no matter for how long and see what comes from it? :yay:

Edit:
Let me just say one more thing about this debate before returning on topic (ROGUE):

Remember how she felt Storm wasn't big enough in X2? Yeah, rewrites.

Thanks for bringing out that quote. Storm will also have her very own character arc for the first time in an X-Men film. She mentioned that there would be a shocking revelation about her. I think we have to this point underestimated the role she might play.

I've never said that Storm is definitely a major player, my posts used terms like 'could' and 'suggest'. You on the other hand have stated like it was scripture that Storm definitely won't be a major player.

The difference between you and me is I'm speculating and you're not. You seem to know for a fact that she won't be a major player. When the evidence doesn't point in that way.

I am going by what Halle said, she has indicated she's not. She is the actress therefore she would know. I'm more inclined to go with that and the fact she didn't film for that long over mere speculation by fans who wish to believe she's going to be a big character. I've never stated anything as fact unless it's been officially stated as such already.

You just seem to want to attack my posts because I believe Rogue's lack of exposure is down to plot reasons. I'm not sure what your issue is, but it's getting ridiculous. My original point was the fact Rogue is yet again missing would suggest she is deliberately being underwraps somewhat. We will know more once the full trailer comes out.

If she is yet again barely shown t would make sense it's because her part of the plot is very focused and to show too many clips would be spoilery. I'm not sure what's wrong in myself or other some posters believing that's the case. I've never understood why some posters get so bent out of shape when this is suggested, that it's suggested that Rogue and Storm are unlikely to have loads of screen time or Rogue may not have scenes with certain characters. The amount of hostility to basing things around what we do actually know is weird.

That's not what the discussion was even about.

Actually it was until some posters turned it into some else and started going on about how major a character Storm is because she had a clip in the trailer.

Thanks for bringing out that quote. Storm will also have her very own character arc for the first time in an X-Men film. She mentioned that there would be a shocking revelation about her. I think we have to this point underestimated the role she might play.

Not sure about an arc, but at least during the movie something important will be revealed about Storm, which to be honest has never happened before. Think about it, all we known about the Movie Storms background is: "This is Ororo Munroe, also known as Storm." Oh yeah and she controls the weather...

She shows: fear towards humans, anger and opposes the cure. But that's about it, really. Still... we should REALLY take that discussion back to the Storm thread and leave the people in here to talk about Rogue. ;)

Actually it was until some posters turned it into some else and started going on about how major a character Storm is because she had a clip in the trailer.

Don't want to be hating here, but you actually brought Storm into the discussion...

Last edited:
I agree with this.

Actually it wasn't. First post in this thread since the teaser of the teaser hit, was this:

and again nothing in the teaser featuring Paquin :(

Followed by this:

She's not a major player.

Followed by this:

She's as major as Storm etc. And Storm was there. So it has to be down to spoilers.

If Rogue is barely featured in the main trailer we have our answer. Though her missing from the teaser helps confirm it already.

Then your oddly aggressive back and forth with a few posters about Storm's significance vs. Rogue's.

And then Illuminata comes back with this:

Rogue thread blowing the hell up on this forum. lol. Teaser trailer just hit and fans wanna know where the hell is ROGUE!

We haven't been discussing Rogue. We've been discussing Storm.

That doesn't mean she is a major player. Halle has indicated Storm doesn't have loads of screen time. It's great she's getting her own little arc but it doesn't mean it translates into tons of screen minutes.

The leaked footage would suggest Rogue has an arc but I don't think that makes her a major player either. We don't have the evidence to say either is. I think some of you are overestimating both characters roles. I'm staying realistic so that I won't be disappointed if they do only get so much screen time. So long as both use what they get well then DOFP is worthwhile. I just don't want another X3 were both were badly used. They deserve better than that. And hopefully both will be back for a sequel and then they really could be all be all we want.

Not sure about an arc, but at least during the movie something important will be revealed about Storm, which to be honest has never happened before. Think about it, all we known about the Movie Storms background is: "This is Ororo Munroe, also known as Storm." Oh yeah and she controls the weather...

She shows: fier towards humans, anger and opposes the cure. But that's about it, really. Still... we should REALLY take that discussion back to the Storm thread and leave the people in here to talk about Rogue. ;)

Don't want to be hating here, but you actually brought Storm into the discussion...

No, I brought her in to indicate how Rogue not being there when she is would back up the theory of Rogue being kept somewhat underwraps. Others turned it into a Rogue vs Storm issue. That wasn't me.

That doesn't mean she is a major player. Halle has indicated Storm doesn't have loads of screen time. It's great she's getting her own little arc but it doesn't mean it translates into tons of screen minutes.

The leaked footage would suggest Rogue has an arc but I don't think that makes her a major player either. We don't have the evidence to say either is. I think some of you are overestimating both characters roles. I'm staying realistic so that I won't be disappointed if they do only get so much screen time. So long as both use what they get well then DOFP is worthwhile. I just don't want another X3 were both were badly used. They deserve better than that. And hopefully both will be back for a sequel and then they really could be all be all we want.

No one in the last few pages has suggested Rogue has a major role in this film. Where are you getting this?

If anything, you've been hyping Rogue's absence in the teaser of the teaser as indicative of major plot points revolving around her. If the rumors are true, she's involved in a relatively minor plot point in the grand scheme of the film.

Actually it wasn't. First post in this thread since the teaser of the teaser hit, was this:

Then your oddly aggressive back and forth with a few posters about Storm's significance vs. Rogue's.

I wasn't the one being aggressive. That was a couple of posters who I don't need to name as you're aware you're one of them. My posts were attacked first. I was making a point about Rogue not Storm.

I have never said or even indicated I hate Storm. On the contrary, yet I'm accused of all this wild things :whatever:

Doesn't matter, you're a in ROGUE thread giving her all the glory with comments and posts. Thanks for the post contributions :cwink:

It only matters because you come in acting as if the thread is blowing up because everybody is wondering about Rogue, when that's not the case.

I'm happy to bump the Rogue thread's post count with relevant discussion, but your odd Rogue preening is :whatever:

No one in the last few pages has suggested Rogue has a major role in this film. Where are you getting this?

If anything, you've been hyping Rogue's absence in the teaser of the teaser as indicative of major plot points revolving around her. If the rumors are true, she's involved in a relatively minor plot point in the grand scheme of the film.

Some posters in the past have thought Rogue has a secret major role. That is what I meant with that. Now some are crazily assuming Storm is a major player because she had a clip in the teaser. She's Storm and Halle, of course she was included. She's marketable and iconic. It says nothing else at this point.

As for Rogue, I wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions either way. All we can be somewhat sure of is she probably only has so much screen time and she probably or likely doesn't have scenes with all the characters. The rest of her role is mere speculation or rumoured spoilers. There is loads of automatic over/underestimating of characters based on nothing in here right now. Wait and see what happens. Trailer and teasers are never a true representation of the finished product. We all know that. Kitty we can be quite sure is more pivotal than both and she wasn't in the teaser either :cwink:

Some posters in the past have thought Rogue has a secret major role. That is what I meant with that. Now some are crazily assuming Storm is a major player because she had a clip in the teaser. She's Storm and Halle, of course she was included. She's marketable and iconic. It says nothing else at this point.

As for Rogue, I wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions either way. All we can be somewhat sure of is she probably only has so much screen time and she probably or likely doesn't have scenes with all the characters. The rest of her role is mere speculation or rumoured spoilers. There is loads of automatic over/underestimating of characters based on nothing in here right now. Wait and see what happens. Trailer and teasers are never a true representation of the finished product. We all know that. Kitty we can be quite sure is more pivotal than both and she wasn't in the teaser either :cwink:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Isn't Kitty supposed to be incapacitated for, like, half the film. How is that pivotal outside of the one scene where she helps send Logan back.

It only matters because you come in acting as if the thread is blowing up because everybody is wondering about Rogue, when that's not the case.

I'm happy to bump the Rogue thread's post count with relevant discussion, but your odd Rogue preening is :whatever:

This thread will always be the most popular because Rogue is one of the most interesting characters in the series. I love how easily people get invested in talking about her.

Again, if you go by the looks of this thread and other gossip blogs Paquin's role is always something people are invested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"