Days of Future Past Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the only reason we didn't get a set pic of Rogue was because she was wearing a different costume than the team (from the bootleg footage it looked like a white/grey suit -- my guess is it's a concentration camp outfit). They're just trying to stagger some of the more spoilerish/intriguing info/images.

She's not a major player.

She's as major as Storm etc. And Storm was there. So it has to be down to spoilers.

If Rogue is barely featured in the main trailer we have our answer. Though her missing from the teaser helps confirm it already.

Interesting you say that, they only showed a select few characters in the teaser. So I would suspect that the ones we saw in the teaser have the bigger roles in the film (as well as Dinklage of course)

Hugh: In the past and future.
Jennifer: no brainer
James & Michael: continuing their arcs from First Class
Patrick & Ian: the older versions of X and Mags
Nicholas: one of the four main characters in first class likely to be developed
Halle: this one is a surprise either she is really a major player and they just wanted to show her in the teaser, or she has a slightly bigger role than originally thought, Which is understandable as when Logan goes to the past someone will need to be the focus of the future and Storm seems the perfect fit.

She's as major as Storm etc. And Storm was there. So it has to be down to spoilers.

If Rogue is barely featured in the main trailer we have our answer. Though her missing from the teaser helps confirm it already.

How do you know?

We've all assumed Storm has a small role but aside from Halle saying she isn't in it as much as she was supposed to be we have no idea.

Storm could very well be more central to the plot than Rogue.

I mean since X2 Storm has always been more of a major player than Rogue anyway.

The same can be said the opposite for Storm and Rogue. We have no idea all we can do is speculate.

The same can be said the opposite for Storm and Rogue. We have no idea all we can do is speculate.

Yes I agree.

I was just challenging xDOFPx statement where she seems to present Rogue and Storm's relevance to the plot as a fact.

I am, however, inclined to believe simply because the trailer featured all the definite major players of the movie by including halle/storm with them and excluding other characters such as Rogue, that Storm may have quite a bit to do in this film. I could be wrong but that's what I'm getting from the teaser.

How do you know?

We've all assumed Storm has a small role but aside from Halle saying she isn't in it as much as she was supposed to be we have no idea.

Storm could very well be more central to the plot than Rogue.

They filmed about the same amount of time so there's our answer.

Yes I agree.

I was just challenging xDOFPx statement where she seems to present Rogue and Storm's relevance to the plot as a fact.

I am, however, inclined to believe simply because the trailer featured all the definite major players of the movie by including halle/storm with them and excluding other characters such as Rogue, that Storm may have quite a bit to do in this film. I could be wrong but that's what I'm getting from the teaser.

You are going on what you wish to believe and not what the evidence we do have would suggest. That's what I'm going on :cwink:

Storm is in the trailer because she's Storm and she's Halle. It doesn't say anything about how pivotal she is. It's called marketing. Rogue not being there is probably more inclined towards a spoilery reason when you put it with the lack of other info about her. Halle has basically said herself Storm isn't a major character.

She clearly will not be directly involved in sending Wolverine back in time. Kitty is more pivotal than her in that sense.

The word speculate is key here, xDOFPx posts in absolutes even though he/she knows no more than everyone else.

Anna Paquin filmed for four days, Halle filmed for two weeks.

Do with that what you will.

Anna Paquin filmed for four days, Halle filmed for two weeks.

Do with that what you will.

No, she didn't. She wasn't constantly filming. She just happened to be in Montreal for 2 weeks. Daniel was there for weeks and didn't film quite a few days. Anna's filming was 4-5 days of focused material on her. Halle's was not going by the evidence.

How long did Ian McKellen film for X2 again? Either way it's still way too early to speculate, however...

This cannot be denied. Do not remind me of the way Rogue was treated in X3.

Anna's filming was 4-5 days of focused material on her. Halle's was not going by the evidence.

Both this and the 2 weeks are speculation again. She could've been posing as a background extra for 4-5, we won't know until more details get revealed. This is not to say that she is not important, but we just don't don't know what they got to do while they were filming.

The word speculate is key here, xDOFPx posts in absolutes even though he/she knows no more than everyone else.

No, actually I don't. It's a handful of posters in here who believe they are experts on Rogue/Anna and think they can tell the rest of us what we can and can't speculate on. I don't post in absolutes, I post based on known facts and speculation on those facts. There's a big difference. Some of you are so bossy and think you can tell others what they have to believe because you all believe it to.

I'll stick to going on what we do know and not what some fans on a forum wish to be the truth. And then rewrite reality to fit their viewpoints.

You are going on what you wish to believe and not what the evidence we do have would suggest. That's what I'm going on :cwink:

Storm is in the trailer because she's Storm and she's Halle. It doesn't say anything about how pivotal she is. It's called marketing. Rogue not being there is probably more inclined towards a spoilery reason when you put it with the lack of other info about her. Halle has basically said herself Storm isn't a major character.

She clearly will not be directly involved in sending Wolverine back in time. Kitty is more pivotal than her in that sense.

What is this evidence that you have? If you mean the time each actor filmed then there's clearly a huge difference as Halle filmed for much longer.

Is there any other evidence you have yet to reveal.

So storm appearing in the teaser does no in anyway show how pivotal she is to the film. But Rogue NOT appearing automatically must mean her role is spoilery etc. I'm not fully understanding your logic here.

My point still stands. The teaser featured the major players of the movie and included Halle Berry as Storm, based on that evidence I've come to the thought that Storm might also be a major player. There is no evidence to prove that Storm definitely isn't a major player in the movie. As you seem to be suggesting.

We know Rogue is going to make an appearance in the film, does it matter that she wasn't in a 6 second snippet of footage?

We know Rogue is going to make an appearance in the film, does it matter that she wasn't in a 6 second snippet of footage?

It. Means. The. World.

Don't even try to be bossy and tell me it doesn't mean anything.

:oldrazz:

How long did Ian McKellen film for X2 again? Either way it's still way too early to speculate, however...

This cannot be denied. Do not remind me of the way Rogue was treated in X3...

Both this and the 2 weeks arespeculation again. She could've been modeling as a background extra for 4-5, we won't know until more details get revealed.

Ian did about two weeks of focused filming. Halle from all appearances did not do it that way.

I'm not sure where people are getting the idea that Storm is a more important character than Rogue, Iceman or Kitty when that hasn't been said by anyone - including Halle. Iceman actually had more scenes in the leaked footage than Storm so does that mean he's the biggest character of them - of course not. Featuring or not featuring a certain amount in trailers means nothing. There are good reasons why some will not appear as much. And the likest reason for Rogue's lack of content so far is because plotwise it's spoilery. Storm's is less so obviously as they can show more clips of her without giving things away.

Kitty hasn't had many clips either. That is also probably down to a lot of footage would give plot points away. It's common sense.

It does only matter for this discussion:

Which I suppose is pretty pointless anyway. No matter how much screen time Rogue gets I hope she's actual doing something useful and if those "spoilers" are correct, she will.

Ian did about two weeks of focused filming. Halle from all appearances did not do it that way.
May be, but we do not know this for sure.

I'm not sure where people are getting the idea that Storm is a more important character than Rogue, Iceman or Kitty when that hasn't been said by anyone - including Halle. Iceman actually had more scenes in the leaked footage than Storm so does that mean he's the biggest character of them - of course not. Featuring or not featuring a certain amount in trailers means nothing. There are good reasons why some will not appear as much. And the likest reason for Rogue's lack of content so far is because plotwise it's spoilery. Storm's is less so obviously as they can show more clips of her without giving things away.
Well... aside from her screentime, presence on the posters and in trailers? That is obviously just for the previous movies, as I said before we don't know how it's going to be in this one. All we know is that Storm is (again) featured with all the main characters in first real teaser we get.

Kitty hasn't had many clips either. That is also probably down to a lot of footage would give plot points away. It's common sense.
Not seeing your point here?

Last edited:
Why do I always feel like I'm being nagged when you post xDOFPx?

No, she didn't. She wasn't constantly filming. She just happened to be in Montreal for 2 weeks. Daniel was there for weeks and didn't film quite a few days. Anna's filming was 4-5 days of focused material on her. Halle's was not going by the evidence.

may I just ask, why do you believe that Anna had four-five days of focused filming but Halle did not have two weeks (or the most part of two weeks) of focused filming?

Why is the very idea that Storm could be more of a major player than Rogue so impossible to be true? As I said before, since X2 Storm has been more of a major player than Rogue, it's not like this would be out of the blue. It's not like I'm saying colossus is more of a major player than her.

What is this evidence that you have? If you mean the time each actor filmed then there's clearly a huge difference as Halle filmed for much longer.

Is there any other evidence you have yet to reveal.

So storm appearing in the teaser does no in anyway show how pivotal she is to the film. But Rogue NOT appearing automatically must mean her role is spoilery etc. I'm not fully understanding your logic here.

My point still stands. The teaser featured the major players of the movie and included Halle Berry as Storm, based on that evidence I've come to the thought that Storm might also be a major player. There is no evidence to prove that Storm definitely isn't a major player in the movie. As you seem to be suggesting.

If you'd kept track of actor tweets and who was filming when and for how long it gave a hints that are more solid than wishful thinking. Which is what a lot of people are basing their posts on when they attack others who are basing it on BTS info. I've never said I know how much screen time any character has, in fact I've said the opposite. But Halle has indicated that Storm is not a major player screen time wise so it's hard to discount that.

Daniel was on set for weeks because he was filming around everyone else so that set time will tell us nothing about how big a role he has. Neither will trailer footage because he's had none so far. Which is my point. Rogue and others barely being featured doesn't indicate they're not major players, we know Kitty is one and she's not around much. It's more down to who is the most marketable and who can have more scenes included without it giving all the storyline away.

No-one has said Storm is a major player in the plot. She is a popular character, there is a difference. You are acting like you know for a fact she is. When in reality you don't know anything. We have no idea who of the future characters will get the most pivotal material. Although we can safely guess Professor X and Magneto are likely candidates.

from what appearances.

You said Daniel etc were in Montreal for a long while but didn't do focused filming this is proved by having many pictures of him touring Montreal.

Halle on the other hand had no pictures of her in Montreal aside from the one taken on the weekend before she began filming where she went toy shopping.

Halle herself said she was one of the first ones in and the first ones out. I don't see why Bryan would keep a pregnant woman in Montreal doing nothing when every day she is getting bigger. The appearances point more towards Halle having a couple weeks of focused filming than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"