Gotham Gotham Season 2, Episode 2 "Knock, Knock" General Discussion

Oh man, I'm sad to see Essen go. This show just burns throught it's characters like nothing normal. Although, it was the perfect device to get Bullock back in the fold.

If the show keeps up this pace/quality, then thank god I stuck with it. This was another fantastic episode.

The show is very much starting to feel solely like Tim Burton's Batman. Last season I felt like they were leaning towards Tim Burton's first Batman and Nolan's Batman but not this season. It now feels very much like a mash up of the two worlds Burton created for Batman and Batman Returns (let's face it although they were supposed to be in the same world they felt very different. It still has a hint of Nolan's most notably with the Btuce Wayne stuff but overall it feels very Burtonesque.

I'm glad Bruce is still investigating 'the cave', I was worried after he discovered the letter in episode 1 that he wouldn't return to it. It looks like Thomas Wayne was somewhat of a vigilante himself, and a little reminiscent to the Flashpoint Batman. Bruce firing Alfred was a little melodramatic, who was gonna take care of him Alfred gone? Still there was a great moment when he agreed to help train Bruce properly. Alfred meeting Lucious Fox was awesome aswell.

I absolutely love Jeremy on this show, is he the Joker? Is he not? I figure they'll never truly tell us. They did say when the show started they would give us several potential Jokers and they did (briefly) in season 1. It's just a wonder if that still stands for the show in Season 2 and beyond.

Gordon is awesome on this show, him and Bullock have been the consistent things on this show. They're the backbone of it. I knew something big would happen to get Bullock back and the siege on the police station by the Mainiax was just that, it was incredible. I can't believe they killed Essen, huge shock that one.

This was a big step up from last weeks episode, fantastic l can't wait for next weeks...

Last edited:
Great episode and Jerome is knocking it out the park. Couldn't care less if he's aping previous joker performances; at the end of the day, his performance is good, entertaining and recognisable as the clown prince of crime.

I think he's great. Whether or not he's copying previous performances is not something I care about in the least. All I want to see is a good Joker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"