Gotham Gotham Season 3 Episode 12 - "Ghost"

I hope that the Court of Owls doesn't fade into the background during the second half of the season. The show is tackling a lot of storylines at the moment.

Pretty sure they'll be brought back into the spotlight once the Jerome arc is over (and hopefully they don't make the moronic decision of killing him off again).

This is actually a rather underwhelming episode for me. The only story I enjoyed is Penguin's and Nygma's, it's really clever.

I'm glad that everyone seems to like it though.

<->

Last edited:
This is actually a rather underwhelming episode for me. The only story I enjoyed is Penguin's and Nygma's, it's really clever.

Really? That was the only piece I found to be lackluster...save for the expert usage of Clayface.

Even though I wanted more of Jerome here, the build-up, especially with the cult, is pretty damn good thus far, and more in line with what I want from Gotham.

I'm glad they're building it up as opposed to just bringing him back right away.

It'll make the moments when he is resurrected and unleashing carnage on Gotham all the more satisfying.

What I'm now wondering is who put Jerome in that chamber? He was one of the escapees on that bus that Fish used to flee Arkham. Heck, we even heard his laugh unless that was just a tease. But if he escaped, Jerome has been out in Gotham this entire time, but when we spot him here, he's in the chamber. Jerome being Jerome, I don't see him going down that easily without a fight.

It's possible they might explain that in the upcoming episodes. Or maybe that was just a red herring.

Or maybe the writers dun goofed this one. Not the first time they've done something mindboggling.

I mostly liked the Victor Zsasz parts. He was the only one who seemed to be having fun. Everyone else seemed to be too mad and angsty.

I'm glad they're building it up as opposed to just bringing him back right away.

It'll make the moments when he is resurrected and unleashing carnage on Gotham all the more satisfying.

Yeah, especially if they preserve his character this time around.

Same!

It was a really good episode. I loved the Ed/Oswald storyline, the clayface plotwist was pretty clever.

Selina's mom looking just like Selina and Michelle Pfeiffer, as always the casting department is killing it. I'm hoping that we will learn more about Selina's family, her being Falcone daughter would be nice for instance.

I enjoyed it, reminded me of last season's premiere. Way more enjoyable than this season's premiere.

I hope Penguin somehow teams up with Gordon to take down Joker, kinda saving his own ass from the riddler at the same time.

Yeah, especially if they preserve his character this time around.

After a recent interview with a producer and a now deleted instagram post from Cameron Monaghan, I'm not so sure about that. :csad:

Same!

It was a really good episode. I loved the Ed/Oswald storyline, the clayface plotwist was pretty clever.

Selina's mom looking just like Selina and Michelle Pfeiffer, as always the casting department is killing it. I'm hoping that we will learn more about Selina's family, her being Falcone daughter would be nice for instance.

It seemed to me they are dropping hints that Alfred is Selina's father.

It seemed to me they are dropping hints that Alfred is Selina's father.

Uh, no. No.

There just seems to be an attraction blooming between Alfred and Maria. In no way does that hint that he is Selina's father.

Btw, Harvey was the one who shot the gun in the air, and Jim basically attacked the Jerome supporters who lunged at him and Harv. Don't know why you're criticizing him for defending himself in that situation but okay.

And Lee was grief stricken. People aren't exactly logical when they're emotional.

Last edited:
Btw, Harvey was the one who shot the gun in the air, and Jim basically attacked the Jerome supporters who lunged at him and Harv. Don't know why you're criticizing him for defending himself in that situation but okay.
They didn't "lunge" at him. One of them said "let's go" and tried to run past Jim when he struck him. Jim clearly threw the first punch and this was the start of the brawl. Their intervention incited panic.

The observation about Harvey being the one firing the gun is correct, though. That's an error in the review and I'll correct that.
And Lee was grief stricken. People aren't exactly logical when they're emotional.
Again while this is understandable it is no excuse for plotting to murder someone.

Last edited:
True, but I think this was due to a frustration that had been building up inside Lee for quite a while.

She's been in danger quite a few times (some indirectly because of Jim, others not), had a miscarriage, and after taking Jim's advice to move on while he was still in prison and finding happiness with another man, he comes back to the fold and she begins to get a little wary. Plus, can't imagine she was all too happy that Gordon verbally chose to "sacrifice" her for Valerie.

All that escalating to her wedding day where Jim comes in and admits he's still in love with her despite her telling him to move on already. She was pretty much starting to get sick of him. And when Jim shot Mario, in her point of view, that was the breaking point.

While the execution wasn't the best, the progression and growth of Lee's dislike of Gordon was there, and wasn't as much as out of the blue as you realize. Those are my thoughts on it, anyway.

I don't think the growth of Lee's dislike of Gordon comes out of the blue. That dislike is pretty understandable. What is less understandable, though, is how a woman with such a bad history with Jim's shady nature would go for a man like Mario, the son of Carmine Falcone, chum up with his father and then start using the family name to threaten people like Nygma with "disappearal". She's basically turning away from Jim to become a mobster wife.

Also it wasn't him "coming back to the fold". She returned to Gotham to rub it all in his face, actively provoking him several times to admit his enduring feelings for her and even showing up at his doorstep the day before the wedding to kiss him. It all strikes me as rather hypocritical, and in my opinion a significant part of the guilt of the whole situation lies on her. She trolled Jim for affection, Mario saw that and in combination with the "magic blood" it drove him mad.

The whole episode I was thinking they were going to reveal some new person from Indian Hill. Didn't even think of Clayface.

This was great. We need to see as much Jerome as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"