BvS "Gotham" the TV Series coming to Fox -- how will effect the new Batman?

I'm STRONGLY against any comic book related television shows at this point.

Villains they could use? :hmm

A pre Riddler. Before Nygma had the imaginative flare for riddles. Perhaps utilising his puzzles or mind games to throw off place. Just to show he has that interest.

The Red Hood gang. No Joker, obviously. But the gang has been around for a long time.

A pre Catwoman? Selina was pulling the real hustle before Batman arrived on the scene. She should escape Gotham before Gordon can capture her.

Killer Croc. A less severe looking, but just as insane cannibalistic monster roaming around Gotham, picking off folk.

Penguin. We see the beginnings of the Iceberg Lounge.

And of course, Falcone, Maroni, Thorne, the corrupt Mayor Hill and Commisioner Loeb.

I hate these types of shows. It's so frustrating to have hints of a character that is never seen. Gotham only works and is of interest because of Batman. Smallville was only watched because it hinted ever so slightly that Superman was in there somewhere. It's like star wars without Jedi, dumb.

Frankly, i think a Batman detective show would be the best way to go. Make it a crime drama and there you have it.

I hate these types of shows. It's so frustrating to have hints of a character that is never seen. Gotham only works and is of interest because of Batman. Smallville was only watched because it hinted ever so slightly that Superman was in there somewhere. It's like star wars without Jedi, dumb.

Frankly, i think a Batman detective show would be the best way to go. Make it a crime drama and there you have it.
I don't find it frustrating. There wont be hints at "batman" so who cares?

Gotham has more history than just Batman. Sorry but there's a lot of fascinating stories to tell before Bruce Wayne was born, when he's alive but before he becomes Batman, when Bruce is dead and gone + Gordon's career.

The only thing that makes me worry about this, is the casting and what kind of direction will it be. If it's cheesy like SHIELD then I don't want it to happen at all. If it's done with at least a Person of Interest tone, then it should be fine.

What feels weird about it is how they intend to have the rogues gallery in there without the existence of Batman. I'm not against trying out new ideas in different continuities, but the villains have always been reflections of who Batman is or could be, so to take him out of the equation seems strange. Or maybe they are going to leave the heavy hitters out of it and focus on small time crooks, who knows.

My biggest fear is it turning into a mediocre CBS procedural type show, just a bland cop drama with comic characters.

I kind of agree. I definitely feel the classic batman villains should not show up without/pre Batman.

I believe they can, as opposed to should.

Without being their alter egos. Edward Nygma and Selina Kyle were criminals before meeting Batman.

I don't find it frustrating. There wont be hints at "batman" so who cares?

Gotham has more history than just Batman. Sorry but there's a lot of fascinating stories to tell before Bruce Wayne was born, when he's alive but before he becomes Batman, when Bruce is dead and gone + Gordon's career.

The only thing that makes me worry about this, is the casting and what kind of direction will it be. If it's cheesy like SHIELD then I don't want it to happen at all. If it's done with at least a Person of Interest tone, then it should be fine.

Yup. As long as it's a good show I'm fine with it.

I think you can definitely get some good stories out of Nygma before he becomes Riddler. You could have him start off as an arrogant detective and show how he becomes corrupted over time.

But my thing is...if you're never gonna actually get him in the costume...you might as well just use an original character.

That goes for pretty much all of Batman's costumed villains.

That sounds fine. I don't think that will happen though since I see WB wanting to use Riddler as the first villain for a movie. They may do it with Oswald though.

But there's just something about using Riddler for a tv series or movie that just rubs me the wrong way.....since ive never been the biggest fan of Nygma.

That sounds fine. I don't think that will happen though since I see WB wanting to use Riddler as the first villain for a movie. They may do it with Oswald though.

I'd be fine with Penguin. I feel like he wouldn't be all that different without Batman hanging around.

But there's just something about using Riddler for a tv series or movie that just rubs me the wrong way.....since ive never been the biggest fan of Nygma.

I think he has great potential. However, since the very nature of the show prevents that potential from being realized, I feel like bringing him on would just be a pointless tease.

Good point.

He's not an all powerful villain. So before Nygma actually becomes Riddler, I'm not sure if he'd be interesting enough.

I loved how Nolan portrayed Selina, very much like her first comic appearance.
Could that work here?
Like Jessica Jane Clement from the Real Hustle. Conning people with disguises. Mission Impossible stuff.

I like the idea of a Gotham PD inspired show, I don't like the idea of villains before they are villains. A seasoned Jim Gordon going up against the Joker and company after Batman has disappeared is more intriguing. "A World Without Batman".

I like the idea of a Gotham PD inspired show, I don't like the idea of villains before they are villains. A seasoned Jim Gordon going up against the Joker and company after Batman has disappeared is more intriguing. "A World Without Batman".

Agreed. That was the original idea, wasn't it? Nolanverse's Gotham PD, taking place between TDK and TDKR.

I mean, this new Batman is probably coming back from "retirement" or whatever.

I would love a Gordon origin story in the first episodes. Just a Serpico kind of approach.

Think the Gordon bits from Year One will be included and fleshed out in the first season or so?

Hopefully. I'd love to see Gordon show up as a successful cop from Chicago who immediately realizes he's fighting an uphill battle against a city where good cops die, murderers go free, and every day things get worse.

This series could seriously rock if it was a huge noir style thriller with guys like the Penguin or Professor Strange showing up to spice up the place.

Heck, a simple thing like taking on Loeb and Flass with Bullock's help would be a great story arc.

I'm not interested in a Jim Gordon tv show...period

This week's issue of Detective Comics had an awesome pre-Batman Jim Gordon story with Black Mask, corrupt cops, etc.

I'm stoked for this show.

It seems similar to what SV did, ie, having main villains and other characters like perry and lois show up before clark was even superman.

Personally, I dont like the idea of it. For me, they could still do it with out gordon knowing Bats yet. Just have hints here and there of some masked vigilante in gotham thats taking out criminals. Maybe Bats isnt even known as batman just yet. He could be brand new at it at this point.

That could even be part of the ongoing story, gordon tracking down the vigilante along with him chasing down other villains/criminals.

I'll still check it out tho, I may like it.

I was down with this idea at first, but now my interest has kinda died down. I'd prefer this show be set right after Batman has come to Gotham, and before him and Jim become partners. The GCPD could handle the smalltime villains and there would only ever be quick glimpses of Batman

It means Seth MacFarlane has a chance of being in the DC Cinematic Universe.

I am waiting for a Gotham Central show since i read the first phenomenal issue. So in love with the concept. If this is the closest we are ever going to get to a GC show then so be it, i am sold.

I don't like that movie-caliber characters are used on the small screen(especially in a network show) but i am willing to give it a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"