"Gotham" the TV Series coming to Fox -- how will effect the new Batman?

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Visiting Arkham, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Donut

Donut Well-Known Member

I can dig it. We can see Rahs & Thomas Wayne etc

2. shauner111

shauner111 Well-Known Member

Thomas? Maybe but I doubt it. Im thinking it will be much later.

As for Arrow, I might give it one more chance. But ill have to start over. It's been a while. I usually give a series 5 episodes or so. If it doesn't interest me or if I find the acting is atrocious throughout ill ditch it. I wont wait til episode 10 or whatever. If im not intrigued after a good handful of episodes, I wont be bothered.

Even so, the pilot is what I usually go by. Arrow's pilot seemed so generic with bad acting by the lead. It was trying too hard to be like Batman Begins THE CW VERSION! I couldn't really take it.

3. Rorschach2012

Rorschach2012 I'll Cancel the Pizzas

I watched six episodes of Arrow then gave up, then started again at episode 13 with Slade Wilson, it gets good after that

4. DvilDog

DvilDog Well-Known Member

Sorry guys this is just a no for me. I have got no interest in watching this. I tried so hard to watch AOS last night cause there was nothing else on, but I just couldn't. Doesn't feel right to me.

5. shauner111

So you wont watch it yet you haven't given it a chance...you don't know what it looks like or anything. It's not Agents of Shield, it's Gotham. Who knows what we're going to get.

6. Rorschach2012

Rorschach2012 I'll Cancel the Pizzas

All I'm saying is Jim Gordon>Agent Coulson

7. DvilDog

I just cant imagine Gotham without Bats. Maybe my opinion will change but for now, the mentioning of the show doesn't even ping my interest in the slightest :csad:

Maybe this isn't really the same thing but I can't watch bones because its got Angel in it and all I see is Angel, and I am wondering why he isn't sucking that chicks blood?

8. shauner111

Well, Bruce spent many years in and out of Gotham before he was Bats you know...the Wayne's, Gordon, etc are a big part of its history. I personally find Gotham City fascinating and im interested in seeing a prequel to Batman.

9. DvilDog

I understand. Like I said maybe a trailer will come out or a preview and I will warm to it. Lord knows there aren't many shows on the air I like to watch anymore. I already miss Dexter.

10. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

Arrow had a great villain and one of the gutsiest season finales in recent memory.

11. DvilDog

I liked Arrow just fine.

12. Saint

Saint The Devil's Robot

It's about Gordon; it is a crime drama. But I didn't mean just a crime drama. We're talking about a crime drama in the weirdest, creepiest city on Earth, if done correctly.

13. DaRkVeNgeanCe

DaRkVeNgeanCe An Epic Film Guy

Part of what makes Gordon's character interesting is he pretty much plays the straight man to Batman's crazy vigilante type, and their interactions together including with Batman's rogues gallery. Take that chemistry away and all you have is another crime cop drama with the Batman name slapped on it to gain viewers.

I wish I could have interest in this, call me negative but Batman's city and Batman's villains without Batman is quite boring to me, but hey that's just me.

14. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member

What did you think of the episode where Oliver got arrested and is put on trial? That was episode 5. It was the episode that sold me on the show.

15. InnerWarrior

InnerWarrior Well-Known Member

I personally liked how they put two and two together with Oliver being "The Hood". I thought to myself "finally a super hero show where the cops are smart!" haha

16. Saint

Saint The Devil's Robot

I haven't watched Arrow, so forgive me, but is that what the media/cops call him? "The Hood?" If so, groan. It's like "the Blur" in Smallville, except worse, since if the writers think it's acceptable to name him based on his clothes, why wouldn't it be okay to name him based on the arrows he uses and then just call him what he's supposed to be called?

Can't wait till they foul up the Flash with this sort of thinking. Vomit.

17. king666

king666 Well-Known Member

Edit

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  18. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member

Yep. They actually call him "The Hood". :facepalm:

However, they did say they want to give him the "Green Arrow" name at some point. They said Season 2 will be all about Oliver trying to find a new identity for himself and will become more like the Green Arrow of the comics. Not just a new identity as in a new name, but also as in the way he operates and does things.

Now whether or not they planned this from the beginning or are doing it due to backlash is something that remains unknown.

19. king666

king666 Well-Known Member

"He does need powers to become The Flash," said Geoff Johns. "He will be The Flash" echoed Andrew Kreisberg.

They also said Oliver doesn't want to be called "The Hood" anymore. The S2 trailer teased the name "Green Arrow". So yeah, it's not a definitive thing.

20. Bathead

Bathead The Oldest Geek

In one early episode of Arrow, there was some kind of get-together and someone proposed that they call him Green Arrow because of the arrows he left behind, and I believe it was Oliver himself who said that GA was "lame", and they went right back to calling him The Hood. Looks like maybe Ollie might be changing his mind about that name this season.
    One thing I would hope they would change is the dark makeup that they have him wearing in lieu of a mask. Give him a proper mask or even glasses like they did in Smallville.

21. Mysteryman

Mysteryman Well-Known Member

They did a Bat series without Batman before .
    It was called Birds of Prey, it bombed .

22. Rowsdower!

Rowsdower! Well-Known Member

Supposedly the Flash series will be a bit more traditional, with him wearing the suit and calling himself the Flash. But it would be funny if they did a 180 on that and gave him the "Blur" treatment. Let's brainstorm on what they could call him.

"The Fast Man"
    "The Red Mask"
    "The Bolt"
    "The Runner"
    "The Pocket Rocket"
    "The Crimson Tide"
    "The Other Blur"

23. InnerWarrior

InnerWarrior Well-Known Member

I remember trying to re-watch that show recently and I couldn't get past the first episode. First of all the characterization of the characters were terrible and they gave Huntress meta-human abilities and claimed that Catwoman had them too. Ugh... And Dinah had telekinesis! Uggggghhh!

24. Dk1201

Dk1201 Well-Known Member

yeah Birds of prey sucked and this feels that way

25. Hyde

Hyde Ooga-Chaka

I like "The Other Blur" best :o