"Gotham" the TV Series coming to Fox -- how will effect the new Batman?

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Visiting Arkham, Sep 24, 2013.

1. TheBat812

TheBat812 Well-Known Member

Was Batman actually in that? I just remember Jessica Alba being in it.

2. hellblazer103

hellblazer103 Nasty Piece of Work

please cast bryan cranston please cast bryan cranston please cast bryan cranston please cast bryan cranston

please

cast

bryan

cranston

plz

3. Saint

Saint The Devil's Robot

Yeah, I've read what they've said about it being closer to the source, but I'm sort of in a "believe it when I see it" position. I believe them when they say he'll where a costume that isn't a hoody and that he'll be called the Flash, but that doesn't tell me that it won't be a compromised, dumbed-down version of the character and his world. Len Snart, CEO of Cold Incorporated, and all that...

4. TheFlamingCoco

TheFlamingCoco Well-Known Member

But will he be the same JG in the movie?

I'd be okay with that :yay:

5. Saint

Saint The Devil's Robot

I'm curious when this will take place--will it be after the murder of the Waynes, but before Bruce leaves Gotham, or will it be after he leaves but before he returns (as Batman, of course)?

This will obviously inform casting in terms of Gordon's age-range.

6. Reel

Reel Well-Known Member

Make the show like Law and Order except in Gotham with Gotham City characters. I don't want to see any super villains.

Gangster villains like Penguin, Falcone, Black Mask etc are all perfectly fine. I don't want Bane, Joker, Poison Ivy, Mr Freeze etc.

All the 'freaks' should emerge around the same time as Batman. I can see the show being set about 5 years before Batman's first appearance.Hopefully Affleck's Batman

7. Bathead

Bathead The Oldest Geek

No. The closest they came was a rather out of focus pic of him for about a second in the opening title sequence, the same for the Joker.

8. Human Torch

Human Torch Well-Known Member

I think you're thinking of Dark Angel

9. The Guard

The Guard Well-Known Member

Why does this feel like BIRDS OF PREY to anyone?

10. king666

king666 Well-Known Member

"After he leaves but before he returns" is the way to go, imo

11. InnerWarrior

InnerWarrior Well-Known Member

I think if they keep the characterization right and don't eff it up like Birds of Prey and give characters that shouldn't be metahumans powers and give metahumans powers they shouldn't have then things will be O.K.

12. Steyin

Steyin Bidding you ADIEU!

Batman and Catwoman were shown fighting for a good few seconds, in perfect focus.

13. shauner111

shauner111 Well-Known Member

Exactly. I don't want Gordon too young so this is perfect. It has to be when Bruce is travelling the world and training.

14. InnerWarrior

InnerWarrior Well-Known Member

I agree - this is the best bet and most potential time period.

15. Bathead

Bathead The Oldest Geek

You could be right, It's been a while since I've seen it. I do remember Joker being out of focus, though.

16. Rowsdower!

Rowsdower! Well-Known Member

Yeah, and unfortunately I could see that sort of thing happening.

The TV show is really disappointing, IMO. I remember when there was that pseudo "announcement" at Comic Con that we were getting a Flash movie, I was so pumped. Then a week or two later, WB is like, "Well, actually, we're launching an Arrow spin-off about the Flash on the CW."

Anyway you look at it--even if you're a big fan of Arrow--that has to be a huge letdown. Because while TV has gotten really good over the past decade or so, let's not kid ourselves. This isn't going to be the Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones of superhero shows.

17. Lord

Lord All Mighty

Well, i'dd rather get a Flash TV before Justice League than him appearing there first, all that is left is for a Wonder Woman film, then they can release the JL film with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, and John Stewart as the Green Lantern. Possibly Martian Manhunter as the plot device to bring the news of the coming threat.

18. Rowsdower!

Rowsdower! Well-Known Member

I like the idea of a shared universe but I have a feeling that none of the CW actors will appear in the movies. I think that's why this Gotham show is debuting on Fox; it will set it apart from those shows because it will potentially tie into the films.

19. Vaibow

Vaibow Well-Known Member

i agree, i think this series will be the first start to a shared universe - it makes sense - have a season introducing batman's world... the villain's, through Jim Gordon - they could introduce the playboy Bruce, via the media in that universe and use Ben's likness. Basically a good cop show, set in gotham and that world, so when Batfleck appears in 2015 people will be like.. ohh ok, so he is from that city, those people etc.

I kinda wish they did an x files stye show and use Jonn J'onz - each episode he could be tracking down an urban legend.. the bat man of gotham, atlanteans, his own backstory of mars etc

20. Rodrigo90

Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

I'd like to see Edward Nygma in this, before he becomes Riddler.

He used to be a criminal before assuming that identity.

21. DChero

DChero Out of Work Superhero

This is just my opinion, but I'd love to see this incorporated into the DCMU. They have the starting point in MoS, so they can plan for the same tone. I think that most of us agree that the dream pick would be Cranston as the lead for both this show and on the big screen.

The more that I think about it, I would be fine for introducing most DC superheroes via tv outside of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. I just want that world to be as fleshed out as possible.

*I still haven't caught "Arrow," so I'm not sure how that and their Flash will fit.

22. Rodrigo90

Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

It's a good idea imo.

23. Glassjaw

Glassjaw In training

I too want it to tie into the film, but however they do it, it's going to get so confusing and convoluted quickly. If one tv series ties in with the DCMU, then they all have to essentially.

Okay, they don't have to , but how weird for audiences would it be if say Gotham tied into the movies, but Arrow didn't, despite having two members of the Justice League. Then you have a brand new Flash film establishing the character, right before a different Flash gets his own CW tv series, all the while the Gotham TV show does tie into the films.

It's weird right? I mean can anyone else see Gotham and Arrow, on two separate networks, crossing paths/universes?

Have these projects been dreamt up one at a time, and don't actually add up to anything i.e the opposite of Marvel's playbook?

24. Rodrigo90

Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

Good points :hmm

I'd have them in the same universe. But Gordon doesn't need to cross paths with either Green Arrow (the Hood, sorry) and Flash. Be nice though...

25. super85

super85 Well-Known Member

Yup, in a quite horrible voice over/intro before every episode. The only scene with Batman in an actual episode was in the pilot, fighting against Joker with Batgirl.

One version of the intro here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Zbwelmik0