Grand Theft Auto V (A.K.A 5) - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha, I'm sure you won't be disappointed though. It's a really time consuming game!

Pfffft you kidding me?? These kids are HOOKED on this game, the don't let go of the remote for anything... Most I got to do was drive and crash while one of them was out of the room for two secs lol

Think I may have to invest into this thing. I can see this game just getting bigger with DLC that's soon to come. And I'm certain this will be played far until the next installment which will be sometime from now. A lot of ppl are saying this is replacing COD in a lot of ways... Fun factor wise I would have to agree. Looks like a hell of a lot of ignorant fun! :oldrazz:

Yeah, there's a ton of replay value here. DLC will definitely extend it even further, of course; but even after you "beat" the game (I actually despise that term, because finishing up a campaign doesn't mean you "beat" anything....it just means you're now free to explore the other 90% of the game without having to bulldoze through story missions), there's so much left to do in SP, and MP just keeps expanding and expanding. Each time you level up, more of the Online game opens up to you with new mission types, and as far as I can tell, Rockstar seem to be creating new missions every day to keep the game fresh. Not to mention the fact that soon, we'll be able to create our *own* missions for Online and offer them up to the public.

No end in sight for this game. :)

Speaking of, any idea when that first DLC pack is set to arrive? Cant wait to see the new vehicles and weapons and to be able to create my own races.

Speaking of, any idea when that first DLC pack is set to arrive? Cant wait to see the new vehicles and weapons and to be able to create my own races.

I dunno, I'd really like to see if they've got at least an estimate of release dates and details on at least the first bits of DLC. Last time I checked, the "beach bum pack" was supposed to be the first release, but it sounded pretty light on content --- a crapton of new clothes, two new weapons, and four new vehicles.

That car/money glitch is super easy to do.

Have that not patched that out yet? Thats the one they were talking about banning ppl over, no?

Rockstar confirmed they won't ban small time glitchers. I'm guessing they count that as not that bad.

I personally haven't done it since the last update but I know someone still found away around it. It involved a couple extra steps and wait times that just don't seem worth it unless you are really in need of some quick cash.

It all depends on how much your car is worth. If you have a car that is worth about $30K, you can sell it, get it back, within about 45-60 seconds. So in other words, you can get a ton of money really quickly.

Rockstar confirmed they won't ban small time glitchers. I'm guessing they count that as not that bad.

I personally haven't done it since the last update but I know someone still found away around it. It involved a couple extra steps and wait times that just don't seem worth it unless you are really in need of some quick cash.

Ah got ya.

I wish we could be cops,Like able to customize a cop car and make it our primary vehicle then able to buy a police badge to wear around our necks or something

Last edited:
I wish we could be cops,Like able to customize a cop car and make it our primary vehicle then able to buy a police badge to wear around our necks or something

There was a discussion about that exact thing in the GTA 6 topic. I'm all for the idea.

There was a discussion about that exact thing in the GTA 6 topic. I'm all for the idea.

Plus, it just makes sense. An LA-based cop show/movie is as American as baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet. It's only fitting that we get a video game that focuses on that setting and genre.....I don't think we've really had one since Chief Daryl Gates himself was putting his name on those crappy SWAT games back in the 90s. (Other than LA Noire's period piece more recently, of course.)

I just "got kicked out of a session by other players". First time that's happened to me. What causes that? Can players kick you out?

I just "got kicked out of a session by other players". First time that's happened to me. What causes that? Can players kick you out?

The host can. Sometimes people set up a private game but it glitches and still lets strangers in, in which case the host has to work furiously to boot any new comers. Chances are you inadvertently ended up in a private game.

I've been thinking for a while now, Franklin is insanely boring when it comes to his activities outside of player control. You switch to Trevor he's usually up to something bananas, which suits his character. Switch to Michael and he's often doing something halfway interesting...sure, sometimes he's sitting in an alley, but more often than not Michael is yelling at someone or in an interesting location.

Switch to Franklin and he's...literally ironing a shirt. Or eating chips. Or getting out of bed. Or any number of other insanely mundane activities. Granted, I haven't seen every character's switches (I understand there's quite a lot) but there does to be a disproportionate amount of interesting VS mundane when it comes to Michael and Trevor VS Franklin.

Well you also have to realize, Franklin is the youngest of the three, and other than the crazy stunts he's pulled in the game, it doesn't seem like his character really did much other than those mundane things. So I think it was actually clever of Rockstar to make him that way because it fits his personality and character.

Well you also have to realize, Franklin is the youngest of the three, and other than the crazy stunts he's pulled in the game, it doesn't seem like his character really did much other than those mundane things. So I think it was actually clever of Rockstar to make him that way because it fits his personality and character.

Yeah, it gets to the point that I'm actually amused by it. When you switch to Michael or Trevor, you have *no* clue where they're going to be on the map, or what they might be up to --- my favorite is when a switch to Trevor puts you in media res of an all-out shootout/chase with cops and/or bikers --- but Franklin is *always* predictable....he's a stay-at-home kinda guy. You'll find him either sitting on the couch smoking indo and watching TV when he's still living in South Central, or you'll find him in that big, empty, lonely house in the Hills all by himself doing chores. I think I've seen a Franklin switch *outside* of his house maybe twice in the whole game ---- once, coming out of a taco stand downtown, and once, coming out of Smoke on the Water hitting some "medicinal marijuana."

Yeah I get that, but does it really have to be doing his laundry? Surely Rockstar could have come up with something at least a little more interesting -if not as exciting as Michael and Trevor's activities. Maybe we catch up with him on the tail end of a botched robbery with Lamar, or winning/losing a street race. How about dragging Chop away from some poor soul the dog decided to attack, or landing a sky dive? I'm not saying for a moment Franklin needs to be doing anything completely outlandish like tying people to train tracks, but at least show us something a little more engaging than household chores.

Anyone play online for PS3 here? I'm looking for decent people to play with instead of the jerks I'm getting put with.

Just finished the game tonight. Definitely the most memorable characters in the entire series for me, and I loved the dynamic of switching between them mid-mission. Very cool stuff.

Being a semi perfectionist, I will try to achieve as many gold medals as I can with the missions. Some of them I don't imagine getting given the time constraints, but we'll see.

Has anyone had any trouble with the internet in the game? Everytime I use it it'll show up for a couple of seconds but then go back to the game with my map missing, and I can't switch characters.

It's definitely time for Rockstar to start rolling out some of the additional features mentioned. As popular as this game is, the lack of heists online is starting to make the game feel repetitive. I was a pretty hardcore player for the first couple of weeks, but it's hard to stay motivated by doing the same handful of missions.

It's definitely time for Rockstar to start rolling out some of the additional features mentioned. As popular as this game is, the lack of heists online is starting to make the game feel repetitive. I was a pretty hardcore player for the first couple of weeks, but it's hard to stay motivated by doing the same handful of missions.

Agreed. Next gen is a few weeks away. They need to get off their asses and drop some content

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"