Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the Pratt choice. As for Batista as Drax, he's got the size and build, haven't seen him in the man with the iron fist so I can't comment on his acting. But if he nailed the audition good for him. His name keeps getting mentioned as a possible Drax. Gamora will likely be a name actress IMO.

How about having Andrew Garfield as Norman Bates Thanos? :oldrazz:

I really like the Pratt choice. As for Batista as Drax, he's got the size and build, haven't seen him in the man with the iron fist so I can't comment on his acting. But if he nailed the audition good for him. His name keeps getting mentioned as a possible Drax. Gamora will likely be a name actress IMO.

While I'm for the idea of Bautista, I'm wondering if they'd actually use somebody that physically large though. All the other heroes would look so tiny by comparison.

I seem to recall Drax looking larger and more imposing in the 80s than he is in the current Guardians of the Galaxy where he seems a bit more streamlined.

While I'm for the idea of Bautista, I'm wondering if they'd actually use somebody that physically large though. All the other heroes would look so tiny by comparison.
That is a concern of mine as well. Bautista is listed at 6'6" and while that may not be a problem for GOTG, though I'd want Thanos to be a good bit bigger, I don't know that I'd want Drax to be way more massive than Thor, if they were to ever share the screen. That said and acting ability aside, you paint Dave Bautista green and you've got Drax.

Last edited:
We are not getting The Rock for this movie, he has headlining ability and Drax is not the lead in this film, a major supporting character but not the lead. If Marvel signs The Rock for something then it will most likely be in a title role. I still personally like Kevin Grevioux for Drax as he has the right combination of menace, size, and familiarity with genre films. Then cast a more known actress for Gamora, like Mila Kunis and Jim Carrey for Rocket and you've got the makings of a very nice cast.

Although I like Dwayne Johnson, I don't care either way if he gets the role or not(I don't think he's even in the running though). I just don't think this role is beneath him because he's a bit of a leading man now days. He's doing the new Fast and Furious which is an ensemble film. That and a number of his other films haven't done all that great at the BO.

That is a concern of mine as well. Bautista is listed at 6'6" and while that may not be a problem for GOTG, though I'd want Thanos to be a good bit bigger, I don't know that I'd want Drax to be way more massive than Thor, if they were to ever share the screen. That said and acting ability aside, you paint Dave Bautista green and you've got Drax.

At times Drax has been depicted as being Hulk-sized, so as far as I'm concerned, the bigger the actor they can get, the better - especially with not-so-small Chris Pratt in the lead.

As far as Thanos goes - while he should definitely be imposing and muscular, I am not as hung up on height with this character. Some of his best moments in the comics have come pounding on much larger characters like the Hulk and Champion, and I think that a more compact Thanos quickly dispatching a larger Drax would translate well to the big screen.

Some of his best moments in the comics have come pounding on much larger characters like the Hulk and Champion, and I think that a more compact Thanos quickly dispatching a larger Drax would translate well to the big screen.
you know, now I want Thanos performing the ragdoll slam on Hulk in TA2 :woot:

a_560x0.jpg

Well that didn't take long, great work on the artist's part!

And Ron Swanson would be an awesome Groot.

Drax is really the only Marvel role I can see The Rock in, I'd be happy if he got it.

People can bringing his name up for Namor, I can't really see that. Rock has the build, but I can't see him playing snobby ass Namor.

Me neither, I couldn't buy him in the role. He's too much of a nice and down-to-earth guy. That's not a bad thing, but it's wrong for someone like Namor.

Then again, I guess that's the point of acting.

I dunno, he pretty effectively played a conceited arrogant ass hole for years in the WWF. I think he could pull Namor off no problem and as a matter of fact he's still my #1 pick. I mean I guess it's unlikely at this point but Namor'd be right up his alley.

I don't want the Rock in it solely for the fact I don't want any actors who could distract the audience or take them out of the movie with their presence. Rock would just seem odd.

On a related note, I just checked out Rock's Twitter. Two of his followers? Tom Hiddleston and Kevin Feige.

good for him, it's not like that lobo film will ever actually happen.

I wish Feige would tweet some. He just sits there in judgement. What is he hiding? :argh:

On a related note:
Has anybody checked who's following Kevin Feige's Tweets....?

I've been thinking...does Thanos really have to be the villain of the film? It would be weird if the big baddie they gave us at the end of Avengers got beaten in a film before Avengers 2, if that happened he might as well be Loki level. At the same time, it wouldn't make sense for the Guardians to lose in their debut film either. Then I remembered about Adam Warlock and that storyline with him and Gamora involving the Universal Church of Truth where Thanos teamed up with Gamora to take down Magus and the Church...only to back stab her in the end. If Warlock is in the film, it would be a good use of his character to have his alternate self as the villain while introducing Thanos as a conniving, hands-on bastard. It would also be a good way of showing all the different aliens in the Marvel cosmic, through the church. The church was even used in the 2008 Guardians comic.

I've been thinking...does Thanos really have to be the villain of the film? It would be weird if the big baddie they gave us at the end of Avengers got beaten in a film before Avengers 2, if that happened he might as well be Loki level. At the same time, it wouldn't make sense for the Guardians to lose in their debut film either. Then I remembered about Adam Warlock and that storyline with him and Gamora involving the Universal Church of Truth where Thanos teamed up with Gamora to take down Magus and the Church...only to back stab her in the end. If Warlock is in the film, it would be a good use of his character to have his alternate self as the villain while introducing Thanos as a conniving, hands-on bastard. It would also be a good way of showing all the different aliens in the Marvel cosmic, through the church. The church was even used in the 2008 Guardians comic.

If it is truly a lead-in to Avengers 2 them losing seems appropriate really. Especially if the giant tease is what would be hitting Thanos next.

But there is also always the possibility that he is defeated and then gets a power boost with the Infinity Gauntlet at the end as a big tease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"