Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if it's true, deadmannuk12 will be gloating for the next two months. :oldrazz:
To be fair people weren't razzing deadman about the idea of Momoa as Drax, just all the weird comments about height and race and Momoa being the only possible choice :cwink:

But a bit of gloating would be in order

Yeah, I don't believe anyone really has a problem with Momoa, just the assertion that he was the only possible choice.

I'm a big fan of Stargate Atlantis so Momoa as Drax would be :awesome:.

Was good as Khal Drogo. Haven't seen anything else he's been in... um, ok, I guess.

Looks like Marvel had no choice but to cast Jason Momoa who doesn't like raccoons. ;)

I'm ok with this choice. Haven't seen him in Game of Thrones but all this talk about Dinklage and now Momoa getting a role in Guardians, think I will check it out.

Hahaha considering this thread the past few days, that's pretty hilarious if true

Haven't seen him in anything though.

Also the assertion that he's a big name actor. Because he's maybe the furthest thing from, he's a Jensen Ackles-level "celebrity" at the moment

can't say I'm surprised but they're two for two with the casting in my book, so far..

tumblr_m2rs8e114j1r45ypyo1_500.gif

tumblr_m7yioinp3U1r85v6p.gif

Also the assertion that he's a big name actor. Because he's maybe the furthest thing from, he's a Jensen Ackles-level celebrity at the moment

haha Ackles-level is a perfect descriptor.

I have only seen him in Games of Thrones where he was very good at grunting and being big. Hopefully Drax is more than that

Also the assertion that he's a big name actor. Because he's maybe the furthest thing from, he's a Jensen Ackles-level "celebrity" at the moment

Right, he is certainly not at the forefront in the general audience's mind. What he is is the happy medium between wrestler and actor w/ physical presence. Basically a step up from Dave Bautista in that he can be sufficiently "huge" but he does have some not-insignificant acting experience.

Nobody watched him as Ronon Dex on Stargate Atlantis? :(

Last edited:
Man, I hope this is true. Never saw Conan, so I can't comment on how terrible that was, but he was great in Stargate and GoT.

A few weeks ago it was Everwood, this week it's Game of Thrones

Man, I hope this is true. Never saw Conan, so I can't comment on how terrible that was, but he was great in Stargate and GoT.

I just watched Conan about a week or so ago and it is just kinda boring, didn't hold my attention very much. As for Momoa, he was OK, a believable Conan. He handles fight scenes well and he is good at being intimidating, so he'll be fine as Drax.

Sure you can, if the actor also sucked

I haven't seen Conan so I can't comment in this case

well the film doesn't rest entirely on him as he was an unknown at the time...btw doesn't stop you from commenting hehe he's decent enough just be glad they didn't hire some wrestler.. THR is trying to slam the story confirming he tested but there isn't a offer..sour grapes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"