Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another great casting decision imo. I really like that they're not going for actors who would distract from the characters with this.

Also, the GoT and HBO alums are really getting a lot of love in Hollywood right now. Alan Taylor directing Thor, Dickledge being cast in X-Men, Michael Shannon getting Zod, and now this. If you want a role in Hollywood just get a major roll on an HBO show.

You say that as if that was a secret. :oldrazz:

Great casting decision. They're doing pretty good with casting so far.

Another great casting decision imo. I really like that they're not going for actors who would distract from the characters with this.

Also, the GoT and HBO alums are really getting a lot of love in Hollywood right now. Alan Taylor directing Thor, Dickledge being cast in X-Men, Michael Shannon getting Zod, and now this. If you want a role in Hollywood just get a major roll on an HBO show.
That's one hell of a typo

*crosses fingers* next week Breaking Bad, next week Breaking Bad...

Season_4_-_Mike.jpg

Avengers-Behind-the-Scenes-Photo-Thanos-Prosthetic.jpeg

:woot:

I remember when people were complaining about him not being big enough for Conan. Now he's typecast as the big buff intimidating guy. Exactly like Hemsworth.

I wonder if Momoa will shave his head for the part?

Borys Kit of the THR tweeted that Momoa tested, but has no offer:
Borys Kit said:
Clarity Alert: My sources are telling me Jason Momoa TESTED for Drax the Destroyer/GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY but at this time has NO offer.
https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/statuses/302509864222076928
Who from breaking bad for what role?
Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, and Giancarlo Esposito -- in what roles, I do not know.
already happened Cranston is linked for Godzilla with Aaron Johnson
Yeah, but I want him in something Marvel.
T"Challa;25197335 said:
Season_4_-_Mike.jpg

Avengers-Behind-the-Scenes-Photo-Thanos-Prosthetic.jpeg

:woot:
Aaww yeah, Thanos don't take half-measures.

I remember when people were complaining about him not being big enough for Conan. Now he's typecast as the big buff intimidating guy. Exactly like Hemsworth.
I think he's big enough for this role. Pratt is 6''2', 6''4' is just about right for Drax. And his build shouldn't be extremely huge but cut, big, and somewhat lean which Momoa has...I sort of wish Lebron James was an actor he'd be perfect for Drax physically lol.

Borys Kit of the THR tweeted that Momoa tested, but has no offer:

https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/statuses/302509864222076928

Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, and Giancarlo Esposito -- in what roles, I do not know.

Yeah, but I want him in something Marvel.

Aaww yeah, Thanos don't take half-measures.

Borys is having sour grapes.. he confirmed one aspect of the story which nobody was reporting about before today.. I'm sure the reps are denying to allow the "right" outlet to release the news.. I'm sure THR had that locked up and they're pissed about it.. El said he stole stories today..

Vindication thy name is LATINO REVIEW :woot:

Like I said Momoa is the ONLY guy out there short of going with an Unknown.

You can't argue against him right now he was right.

I never argued that he couldn't do it. In fact I specifically stated he was a fine choice. What I disagreed with (and from what I could tell everyone else) was that he was the ONLY choice

I think he's big enough for this role. Pratt is 6''2', 6''4' is just about right for Drax. And his build shouldn't be extremely huge but cut, big, and somewhat lean which Momoa has...I sort of wish Lebron James was an actor he'd be perfect for Drax physically lol.

Speaking of athletes. Shaq would have made an insane Thanos is he was a good actor

T"Challa;25198669 said:
Speaking of athletes. Shaq would have made an insane Thanos is he was a good actor

He is a good actor. Let's not forget the cinematic treasures that are Kazaam and Steel.

220px-Kazaam_poster.jpg
220px-Steelposter.jpg

Did you really just list LeBron James in here?

Lebron has the perfect physique for a lot of comic book characters.

Always annoys me when these casting rumors get tweeted as "official."

If its on Deadline I might put some stock in it.

Lebron has the perfect physique for a lot of comic book characters.

Holy crap....:doh:

I'm a *huge* fan of King James, but he needs to stay as far away from film and TV as possible and stick to sports. He doesn't need to embarrass himself like Shaq did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"