Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why we didn't get a shot of Yondu?

Well in an interview with Gunn he said his dog has a cameo in the film that he is really proud of so everyone hoping for Cosmo I'm sure will be pleased.

And in the interview with Pratt he said he is abducted when he is about 9-10

Also does anyone think there will be some allusions to Starlord's dad J'sen? I'm thinking the reveal about his true orgins will make for a nice cliffhanger going into GotG2 or a solo Starlord film. I remember Feige saying something along the lines of him wanting to spin off some of the characters from GotG

Also does anyone think there will be some allusions to Starlord's dad J'sen? I'm thinking the reveal about his true orgins will make for a nice cliffhanger going into GotG2 or a solo Starlord film. I remember Feige saying something along the lines of him wanting to spin off some of the characters from GotG

I hope not. Giving me nightmares about the unneeded parents subplot in the Amazing Spider-Man. Just come out with it instead of dragging it over the course of multiple films wasting screen time.

I really need to read up more on the Celestials. Growing up reading comics I didn't quite get into all the galactic stories. All I knew of the Celestials was from the Marvel comic card sets I collected when I was a kid. From what I can remember about them, I'm shocked that one got owned like that. Aren't they some of the most powerfull beings(if not the most)in all of Marvel comics?

The Celestials are kinda the godparents of the MU. They've gone to thousands of planets and fudged around with life on them to change them how they see fit. They did it to the Skrulls, Kree and others. On Earth it lead to the Eternals, Deviants and modern humans/mutants/mutates like Hulk and Spider-man. There's a rather large amount of them and they vary in nature and size for a number of things. There's actually one just hanging out watching the Earth in San Francisco and in a century or two(?) will be judging earth for some reason, I forget why :oldrazz:.

Here's marvels take on them. http://marvel.wikia.com/Celestials_(Race)

I have no idea what they're doing with the Apocalypse twins in Uncanny Avengers but I stopped reading that a while ago.

Definitely more interested in this film after seeing the 2nd trailer. Have to say Marvel is killing it with GotG's trailer music. First, "Hooked on a Feeling," and now "Spirit in the Sky." Loved that we get to finally hear Groot and more from Rocket. Also, like that they've still yet to spoil much, if any, of the plot.
Love the editing for these GotG trailers. It gives you just enough without telling you exactly what's going on.

So far we've been told they're in jail, they all meet up, break out and stuff happens. Am I missing anything? :p

I hope not. Giving me nightmares about the unneeded parents subplot in the Amazing Spider-Man. Just come out with it instead of dragging it over the course of multiple films wasting screen time.

Well I'm sure they wouldn't be dragging anything out. This film doesn't look to get into it from what we can see but after they save the galaxy I can see them being borded by an Imperial Spartax vessel and having J'Sen pop out and explain that he is the heir to the Spartax empire. Then Pratt would just tell him to **** off and they would get out of dodge or something similar. It's not a big mystery in the comics, never has been. In the comics the name Starlord is what the prince of the Spartax is called. Being on the run and pissing off/disobeying his father is part of what makes Quill so awesome

100% hyped for this movie. the footage and acting looks amazing.

but the editing in the trailer is a crime. haha its so bad that i bet a law was broken.

Both trailers have some odd editing choices imo, but the footage and music makes up for it.

- I can't stop listening to when Rocket says, "Oh, Yeah" and the lyrics start up for "Spirit in the Sky". It is utter perfection.

- Bradley Cooper sounds perfect. His life span line is hilarious.

- They are really selling the hell out of "Hooked on a Feeling". The percussion at the end of the trailer is intense, especially with the shot of Rockey piloting the ship into hell.

- Groot is adorable.

- Not feeling Drax or Gamora yet.

- I really wish they showed a bit more of the baddies. We barely have any footage of Ronan or Nebula.

- Also, still no Yondu.

Also I just realized that Ronan is doing exactly what Loki did. Made a deal with Thanos for a planet/race.

Last edited:
My favorite line is surprisingly John C Reilly's "This might not be the best idea". Considering I didn't like his delivery of "They call themselves Guardians of the Galaxy" from before, this more than makes up for it.

My favorite line is surprisingly John C Reilly's "This might not be the best idea". Considering I didn't like his delivery of "They call themselves Guardians of the Galaxy" from before, this more than makes up for it.
Agree that it is a big improvement.

Also I just realized that Ronan is doing exactly what Loki did. Made a deal with Thanos for a planet/race.

Maybe they're doing it to save their race/planet? Sure, Loki wants the throne, but I think he wants his people to stay alive too.

100% hyped for this movie. the footage and acting looks amazing.

but the editing in the trailer is a crime. haha its so bad that i bet a law was broken.

Yeah, the editing in the opening sequence with Star-Lord and Korath was particularly weird. The pacing just felt off, like the scene had been reshuffled unnaturally. It kinda goes like...

QUILL: Star-Lord...

KORATH: Who?

QUILL: Come on man, Star-Lord, the legendary outlaw?

Then suddenly it cuts and Star-Lord and the heavies seem to have shifted position, and Star-Lord's saying, "Guys?"

Then it cuts back to Star-Lord in the demeanor he had before, saying "Forget it." Then it cuts to Korath shooting at him.

To me, it seems like in the actual film the scene probably goes like....

QUILL: Star-Lord.

KORATH: Who?

QUILL: Come on, man, Star-Lord, the legendary outlaw? Forget it...

Then they have a conversation, where it becomes clear Korath intends to kill him, at which point Star-Lord says, "Guys?" And then it builds up to Korath shooting at him and him escaping.

Maybe they're doing it to save their race/planet? Sure, Loki wants the throne, but I think he wants his people to stay alive too.
From the descriptions seems like religious insanity. Still, I am hoping both Ronan and Nebula are alive and turned by the end of the film.

bump

iieo80f.png

Is this Nowhere?

Everything looks ****ing perfect! :up:

Yeah it was smart (and cool.as hell) of them to leave a bit of spinal column on it to really sell the idea that it is indeed a ginormous ****ing head that used to be attached to a ginormous ****ing body.

Edit: just watched the last ten minutes of Slither. The tone in that film would be perfect for GotG. And the song that plays at the end is hilarious. Never noticed it before.

Vin Diesel and Bradley Cooper's voices are just perfect, I think I'm more excited for this than I was for The Avengers. It seems to capture the entire essence of DnA's run on the Guardians.

I love how it seems like every character on the team has the potential to be somebody's favourite. I think all 5 of these characters will see their stock rise big-time in the wake of this film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"