Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that the after credits scene might be a version of an AOU trailer that will most likely be shown at SDCC and the reason they aren't showing it before general release is because all general releases are after SDCC that way it's an exclusive for those going, they get to see it first, then a week it'll be released with the film.

I also think there will be a mid credits scene... not sure what. There is a 'pre credits' scene which is hilarious and really cute.

Last edited:
Although I love TWS and DOFP, it will make me enormously happy to see GOTG becoming a critical as well as box office success. After having a somewhat disappointing 2013, I think Marvel has clearly learned its lessons and has a tremendous year, with two franchises (Cap and GOTG) that are not exactly A-list but will probably become one in the future with the film each has this year. This bodes well for Avengers 2 and beyond, if Marvel has finally figured out the winning formula of their successful movies.

I loved both IM3 and TDW,and TWS was almost perfect so to me it is no surprise to see GOTG being so good. :D

I think the nature of the business is that not every film you make will be great no matter how much you want it to be, I think we underestimate how freaking hard it is to make a movie, let alone releasing 2 to now possibly 3 films a year in 2018 while developing the next one and the next one all at the same time. That's hard man, and the fact that marvel studios has been able to maintain a range of quality that doesn't dip below "OK" is impressive add another notch on that belt with guardians being supposedly fantastic. And we all know Age of Ultron at worst will be as good as A1.

I loved both IM3 and TDW,and TWS was almost perfect so to me it is no surprise to see GOTG being so good. :D

I love IM3 as well, in fact if Cap2 didn't set the new freaking bar it would be my fav phase 2 movie.

I love IM3 as well, in fact if Cap2 didn't set the new freaking bar it would be my fav phase 2 movie.

I agree,I enjoyed IM3 and TDW the same but for different reasons,while TWS really set the bar like I never thought it could.

So what are the main theories about the post-credits scene? I'm guessing it's an actual scene and not an Avengers trailer, otherwise there wouldn't be so much secrecy.

Gunn said in an interview a couple of days ago that he had just filmed a scene. But I'm betting we get an AoU teaser, too.

We'll get an Avengers 2 mid-credits promo, then a post-credits GotG scene. Count on it.

So I gather that people here have seen the movie. Am I allowed to ask how good is the action scenes and if there are any stand-out moments? As well that, I also gather that people find this movie funny but is it IM3 or Thor: TDW funny where humour is unnecessarily shoved in? Can I ask that?

Based on the reviews, I assume they got the balance just about right for this one. :)

I'm so excited about this. I need a little GOTG in my life now. Only a couple of weeks to go

So I gather that people here have seen the movie. Am I allowed to ask how good is the action scenes and if there are any stand-out moments? As well that, I also gather that people find this movie funny but is it IM3 or Thor: TDW funny where humour is unnecessarily shoved in? Can I ask that?

The humor in Guardians completely trumps any Marvel film yet, at least for me. There were several times when I was crying from laughing so hard. I really found it to be spot on for this movie. The action is pretty solid too, every character gets their moment to shine in a good fisticuffs scene. Everything was so well balanced.

One week left!

I know it's been known for a while but Josh Brolin as Thanos is a fact that just gets more potentially amazing the more I think about it.

The humor in Guardians completely trumps any Marvel film yet, at least for me. There were several times when I was crying from laughing so hard. I really found it to be spot on for this movie. The action is pretty solid too, every character gets their moment to shine in a good fisticuffs scene. Everything was so well balanced.

This is good to hear. Did any action scenes have their momentum derailed by unnecessary humor? That's what irritated me about Thor 2.

That "new new" thing was terrible. Though I never cared for the Darcy character in general.

To answer Colossals question, I can't remember there being any point that detracted from the flow of the humor and action. There were a few serious moments to be sure , but they felt like they belonged when they came about.

There was a bit at the end that almost made me groan at its silliness, but as it was happening I realized I was actually smiling at it. That's the only moment I would've done differently though it fits with the tone of the movie still.

Last edited:

I also loved IM3 and TDW. But yes TWS was a different level. But I don't get the hate the other films get, and Darcy too. I actually like her haha.

I for one am glad that Marvel isn't shying away from superhero movies with comedy even as some of the CB fan base wanted nothing but seriousness and gritty realism in their movies.

That "new new" thing was terrible. Though I never cared for the Darcy character in general.

To answer Colossals question, I can't remember there being any point that detracted from the flow of the humor and action. There were a few serious moments to be sure , but they felt like they belonged when they came about.

There was a bit at the end that almost made me groan at its silliness, but as it was happening I realized I was actually smiling at it. That's the only moment I would've done differently though it fits with the tone of the movie still.

That sounds great! I'm glad the humour doesn't detract from the flow. One thing I didn't like about TDW is that when an emotional moment happens such as Frigga's funeral or Loki's 'death' scene it cuts straight to a comedy moment and ruined the flow of the emotional scene before and didn't allow the emotion to sink in.

What the part that made you groan with the silliness, could you maybe put it spoiler tags or PM me?

I also loved IM3 and TDW. But yes TWS was a different level. But I don't get the hate the other films get, and Darcy too. I actually like her haha.

Eh I'm indifferent towards her,she's nice to look at BTW ;) .

I for one am glad that Marvel isn't shying away from superhero movies with comedy even as some of the CB fan base wanted nothing but seriousness and gritty realism in their movies.

I agree. It seems ever since TDK came out all superhero movies need to be "dark" and "serious". And if there's even a hint a comedy, it's considered a "kiddy flick". I'm sorry if that sounds ignorant and mean, but that's the vide that I'm getting here. I haven't read the Guardians comics, but from what I hear they have a lot of comedy in them. So if that's the case, then they're sticking to the source material.

Even "dark" and "serious" movies had some comedic elements. Such as The Departed, Scarface, The Town, Law Abiding Citizen. Comic relief is used specifically to balance the film out.

That sounds great! I'm glad the humour doesn't detract from the flow. One thing I didn't like about TDW is that when an emotional moment happens such as Frigga's funeral or Loki's 'death' scene it cuts straight to a comedy moment and ruined the flow of the emotional scene before and didn't allow the emotion to sink in.

What the part that made you groan with the silliness, could you maybe put it spoiler tags or PM me?

Farce and exaggeration. Frigga's funeral went on for a good 5-10mins. Same for Loki's death ..... they played that music and showed Thor/Jane hiking across Svartelheim before they got to the cave and Jane made that phone call.

Joss Whedon said it best:

“Make it dark, make it grim, make it tough, but then, for the love of God, tell a joke.”

I'm an in-betweener. I don't want Nolan-Batman levels of grim seriousness, but I definitely also don't want IM3 Tony's chuckle factory. Winter Soldier was the absolute perfect balance for me.

farce and exaggeration. Frigga's funeral went on for a good 5-10mins. Same for loki's death ..... They played that music and showed thor/jane hiking across svartelheim before they got to the cave and jane made that phone call.

Joss whedon said it best:

“make it dark, make it grim, make it tough, but then, for the love of god, tell a joke.”

qft.

Oh man I can't wait...loving everything i'm reading about the film. I am going all out for this one. IMAX 3D. I never do that. But this seems like the kind of film that could make good use of it.

Gah!! I love Marvel. They really know what they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"