Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing it at 10 . Boston RPX 3D. (The IMAX was sold out). Psyched.

Thanks all for bringing a festive TA vibe to the run-up. It's been fun.

According to AICN

Seth Green voiced

Howard the Duck

I haven't seen him mentioned too much, but I loved Yondu! Rooker delivers a half-maniacally, memorable performance and the whistling part of the character was handled in a really striking, cinematic way.

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/93537312489/thanos-in-the-guardians-of-the-galaxy-kane52630

tumblr_n9nhaqmGmO1rrkahjo1_500.gif

tumblr_n9nhaqmGmO1rrkahjo2_500.gif

damn how did you get decent footage like that so quick

According to AICN

Seth Green voiced

Howard the Duck

Ah, yes. I can totally hear him. Funny stuff.

I haven't seen him mentioned too much, but I loved Yondu! Rooker delivers a half-maniacally, memorable performance and the whistling part of the character was handled in a really striking, cinematic way.

Yondu was awesome. He was probably my favorite character after the Guardians themselves. [BLACKOUT]That scene where he took out Ronan's soldiers with his whistle spear was awesome. [/BLACKOUT]

this was a huge deal to me. anyone else? i mean i posted before wanting to see something like this, but i never guessed it would actually be this. holy crap!

arishem the judge
Arishem_%28Earth-616%29.jpg
screen-shot-2012-04-22-at-3-50-23-pm.png

I particularly loved the way they did the cold open before the Marvel logo because in context, it was like he was being transported into the Marvel Universe, lol. Sort of like his escape from the nightmare of his reality (and meta-speaking, the audience's as well).
I hadn't thought about this at the time, but I'd say you're probably right about this. :)

After seeing TDW I had a question that I assumed would be answered in GOTG but wasn't.

Why would Asgard hand over the Aether to the Collector? He doesn't seem like a good guy.

The only think I can think is maybe Loki ordered it. But who knows why. And you would think The Warriors would question this order as they've never had a problem disobeying Odin.

I have a feeling this is one of those things that will never get explained.

The Dark World is just a mess of a movie i think. I don't even think the film makers knew what to do with the Aether or how to portray it.

Saw it last night, I really enjoyed it had the nice comedic tone with action, have to see it again

How was Star Lord able to last in space so long? No gloves or helmet blocking the top of his hair I didnt get that at all. Was it [BLACKOUT]His alien DNA[/BLACKOUT]

I think my roommate, his friend and I will be seeing this again tomorrow. Still love this movie so much. It hit everything I wanted it to. I haven't even bothered trying to find something I don't like because it was just pure awesome

The Dark World is just a mess of a movie i think. I don't even think the film makers knew what to do with the Aether or how to portray it.

TDW wasn't my favorite, but I don't think it's that they didn't know what the Aether was or how to portray it. Feige wouldn't let that happen. They have a plan for each of the stones and they've had it for a long time now.

We'll know soon enough which stone is which. I'm okay with letting it play out.

How was Star Lord able to last in space so long? No gloves or helmet blocking the top of his hair I didnt get that at all. Was it [BLACKOUT]His alien DNA[/BLACKOUT]
Im not convinced that would be enough. They just don't want us to think about that too hard, lol. :p

He wasn't in space for too long before Yondu picked him up. So maybe it was his
half-Spartax side.

I forgot to ask, does he have the element gun in the flick?

He survived:

holding an Infinity Stone for a prolonged period of time.

Surviving in space for like 30 seconds is not that big a stretch after that.

Im not convinced that would be enough. They just don't want us to think about that too hard, lol. :p

I think you guys completely forgot about the fact that he's
half spartax on his fathers side
. Pay attention fellas haha. And that's also the reason he was able to
hold the infinity stone for so long
like Loki said. Were you guys watching the film or no? All this stuff was answered for you.

I think you guys completely forgot about the fact that he's
half spartax on his fathers side
. Pay attention fellas haha. And that's also the reason he was able to
hold the infinity stone for so long
like Loki said. Were you guys watching the film or no? All this stuff was answered for you.

I literally asked at the end of my quote if it was [BLACKOUT]his alien DNA[/BLACKOUT]

I was wondering if anyone else thought that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back