Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone really surprised that Nova's gonna be in the movie? I thought it was a given. What I'm wondering about is Adam Warlock's involvement.

Is Nova gonna be in the movie? Even if the Nova Corps stuff is true, I'm not sure why they'd want to put a second human out there in space. Maybe we'll get some funky alien Novas

Guardians is more in tune with Star Wars than Avengers. There are going to be tons of alien character cameos and Easter Eggs. The Nova Corps stuff makes absolute sense, but there's still no evidence that they are going to be n the movie. Nova himself is tricker because there is no Nova solo movie in line for Phase two or three. Which means you'd cast an actor to play a part he won't return to for 3+ years.

And people citing the concept art should realize that the outfits the GOTG are wearing in it isn't the same as what will appear in the movie. That's already been confirmed It's concept art, and the Nova ships you see there were used more to fill the art work and nod to the fans than anything else. Marvel wouldn't put something that could be considered a major spoiler in early concept art given out at a convention.

We've known. There are too many reports and pimping of the character going on right now to deny that the Corps will be in the movie.

They would not just put Nova Corps ships in the background of concept art for ****s and giggles. It's not a coincidence that Nova has his own book again along with the Guardians and Thanos. Numerous rumors and reports have come out about Nova being in the film. The LR article that broke the Guardians news in the first specifically implied Nova would be apart of the film. I see no reason to be skeptical about Nova being in the film, as far as I'm concerned it's a forgone conclusion.

Right. Because if it's heavily rumored it's definitely going to happen. Just like when Hillary Swank played Black Widow in the first Iron Man.

Last edited:
Were the Nova Ships the star looking things in the Guardians concept art?

EDIT: BTW I'm reading the backstory on Nova and man, was that intended to be just like a Hal Jordan? The fact that they call them the Nova Corps already had me sort've cringing. Instead of a lantern, the powers are derived from a intergalactic super computer?

Last edited:

EDIT: BTW I'm reading the backstory on Nova and man, was that intended to be just like a Hal Jordan? The fact that they call them the Nova Corps already had me sort've cringing. Instead of a lantern, the powers are derived from a intergalactic super computer?

1) Yes

2) Yes it's a blatant rip off of Green Lantern. I personally like the NC better but it is an absolute rip off. Which means in a movie they would have to change quite a bit around so that there aren't many GL comparisons.

Nova is a 100% riff on Green Lantern, and the Nova corps on the Green Lantern Corps.

Anyone really surprised that Nova's gonna be in the movie? I thought it was a given. What I'm wondering about is Adam Warlock's involvement.
Yeah I'm really hoping they have Magus as the villain...it would work brilliantly as a movie.

Is Nova gonna be in the movie? Even if the Nova Corps stuff is true, I'm not sure why they'd want to put a second human out there in space. Maybe we'll get some funky alien Novas
Yeah, I think while Nova Corps itself will be in the film THE Nova (aka RR) will probably not be. They might hint at him or something though.

Right. Because if it's heavily rumored it's definitely going to happen. Just like when Hillary Swank played Black Widow in the first Iron Man.
Nova will be in the movie. Use whatever kind of soliloquy you want to, doesn't change all the evidence point towards it. And like I said, it's not just rumors. Marvel is very clearly pimping the character along with other cosmic characters that will be in the Guardians movie. Nova Corps ships were in the concept art. And you think it's a coincidence that the Hardcover Line, which was downsized to include only titles that are prominent in the MCU or have movies, includes Nova in it?

Too much pointing towards Nova being in this film to chop it up to rumors or guessing. It's happening.

EDIT: It's funny how Marvel is going to successfully portray their Lantern rip-off on screen before DC can actually do a good Lantern movie.

Yeah I'm really hoping they have Magus as the villain...it would work brilliantly as a movie.

Yeah, I think while Nova Corps itself will be in the film THE Nova (aka RR) will probably not be. They might hint at him or something though.

Nova will be in the movie. Use whatever kind of soliloquy you want to, doesn't change all the evidence point towards it. And like I said, it's not just rumors. Marvel is very clearly pimping the character along with other cosmic characters that will be in the Guardians movie. Nova Corps ships were in the concept art. And you think it's a coincidence that the Hardcover Line, which was downsized to include only titles that are prominent in the MCU or have movies, includes Nova in it?

Too much pointing towards Nova being in this film to chop it up to rumors or guessing. It's happening.

EDIT: It's funny how Marvel is going to successfully portray their Lantern rip-off on screen before DC can actually do a good Lantern movie.

All you're doing is speculating. None of that evidence confirms your point. Your guesses are as valid as any, but implying this is a done deal is jumping the gun.

Marvel doesn't do "Hidden characters" except in after credit scenes. Despite rumors, there was no Mandarin in IM1-2, no second villain active in Avengers, no Namor in Captain America, no Balder in Thor. All of these characters were highly speculated over in the months leading up to the film, and guess what? We didn't get them.

Calling those twinkling star like ships in the background of the Guardians poster "Nova Corps" ships is very flimsy, and based on little/ no evidence. The Nova corp symbol is pretty generic, and the stars in the background don't even match up with the symbol.

As for the "pimping" of Nova, and the hardcover argument, All New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, and The Savage Wolverine are also getting Premiere Hardcovers. Wolverine and the X-Men are clearly not showing up in the MCU any time soon, so I would say that pokes holes in that proof.

Every piece of "evidence" you've supplied seems to have come from an article on "that site which we shall not name." It kind of makes me wonder...

Nova will be in the movie.

??? Make up your mind.

I figure the Corps will feature somehow but doubt Ryder himself will

Yes because unfounded cockiness about the reception of an unproven superhero has worked out so well in the past

Earlier he tweeted that Marvel's initial offer to Momoa was the same amount they offered Mickey Rourke (who also had a loooooooong period of contract negotiation)

And Gunn stated that he has not screen tested anyone that didn't already have a deal in place. To believe that Momoa and his people agreed to a contract and then immediately turned around to renegotiate is asinine. He'd never get a decent audition again.

I'm just relaying what he said

I'm just relaying what he said

I only just noticed he confirmed Harry's scoop from this morning too

elmayimbe ‏@elmayimbe
Back to fanboy. Congrats to @headgeek666 because that Nova Corp GOTG scoop is 100% to infinity +1 true.

It's hard to take someone seriously who speaks like that. Iffy track record aside. Not being mean, just.. damn.

All you're doing is speculating. None of that evidence confirms your point. Your guesses are as valid as any, but implying this is a done deal is jumping the gun.
I'm sorry but I can "imply" whatever I want to in my posts...and I'm not implying I'm saying it. The evidence greatly supports my point, and is enough for me to say that it's a done deal. You might want to be politically correct or feel obligated to hold back but I do not and will not.

Marvel doesn't do "Hidden characters" except in after credit scenes. Despite rumors, there was no Mandarin in IM1-2, no second villain active in Avengers, no Namor in Captain America, no Balder in Thor. All of these characters were highly speculated over in the months leading up to the film, and guess what? We didn't get them.
None of them had the type of evidence supporting them that Nova does though. Are you going to tell me that concept art had anything blatantly hinting at any of those things the way having freaking Nova ships in the background does for GotG? Or that any of those characters explicably had their own comic launched alongside other cosmic entities that will be featured in the GotG movie? Or that any of them are in a Hardcover Line that specifically focuses on properties that have been in movies? This is just totally different from everything you mentioned there, which were purely rumors. This literally has concrete evidence backing it.

Also I'm not sure what you brought up "hidden characters" for.

And also, as I said, the LR article that broke the news in the first place implied Nova would be in the film.

Calling those twinkling star like ships in the background of the Guardians poster "Nova Corps" ships is very flimsy, and based on little/ no evidence. The Nova corp symbol is pretty generic, and the stars in the background don't even match up with the symbol.
They do match up, and are you honestly going to sit here and say those symbols have nothing to do with Nova, even though they are clearly Nova symbols, just for the sake of arguing with me?

You might take objection to me saying that is basically confirmed, because to me it is, but don't use whimsical arguments just because of that.

As for the "pimping" of Nova, and the hardcover argument, All New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, and The Savage Wolverine are also getting Premiere Hardcovers. Wolverine and the X-Men are clearly not showing up in the MCU any time soon, so I would say that pokes holes in that proof.
All of those characters have their own movies, which is what I said the Hardcover Line is for now. It's not exclusive to the MCU. I said "...or have movies" in that very same sentence.

Every piece of "evidence" you've supplied seems to have come from an article on "that site which we shall not name." It kind of makes me wonder...
What?? Are you really trying to tell me I get my claims from CBM? That doesn't even make sense. The concept art bit and Nova getting his own book are common sense and the Hardcover thing came from Bleeding Cool. The LR scoop, which is credible considering, you know, everything else in it was right, you can get from just having reading comprehension...although you didn't reply to that one.

Whatever you're trying to insinuate does not disavow anything I said.

Furthermore, why are you trying to argue with me about my opinion? In my mind it's a done deal that Nova will be in the movie and I'm not going to pussyfoot around it just to be politically correct. You have a differing approach, which is fine, but don't go back and forth with me on something like this. I'm sure you also believe Nova will be in the film anyway, you just won't go so far as to say it's basically confirmed.

??? Make up your mind.

I figure the Corps will feature somehow but doubt Ryder himself will
I'm sorry, when I say Nova I'm referring to the broader Nova crops moreso than the individual characters.

Yes because unfounded cockiness about the reception of an unproven superhero has worked out so well in the past
?? For one thing I'm talking about the corps overall not the individual character. Second, do not attack what I said and call my opinion "unfounded cockiness" just because you may disagree or would use different wording. I believe in Marvel and think they will do a far better job of portraying the Nova Corps than Marvel did of portraying Green Lantern...the fact that the movie will be 95% in space already gives Marvel a +1 over DC.

Last edited:
Regardless of whatever miyambe says, I've thought Momoa would be Drax all along.

For what they're looking for and what they're willing to pay it's hard to deny Momoa as one of the best candidates. Plus he's a great guy. Humble as hell. A fleeting quality in Hollywood.

For what they're looking for and what they're willing to pay it's hard to deny Momoa as one of the best candidates. Plus he's a great guy. Humble as hell. A fleeting quality in Hollywood.

And or what it's worth, he'd be another minority in the Marvel universe. Nothing wrong with a little diversity.

Seriously. It's getting old. That's why my top choice for Gamora has always been Kerry Washington.

If Momoa does get this part that leaves only three left of the main cast to be revealed. And I'm still wondering what big names are gonna fit which characters.

Kerry Washington is sexy as hell. The FF movies were nothing noteworthy, but I loved her a Alicia Masters. It made that relationship feel a little bit more natural in a way.

Also, I wouldn't be against someone like Moon Bloodgood as Gamora.

Also, I'm more inclined to believe this Miyambe scoop than his other ones because he pretty much just flat out said Jason Momoa IS Drax instead of leaving it fairly vague.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"