Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin Fiege on the whether or not Phase 2 is gonna be more "cosmic"

“I wouldn’t say that in a broad sense. The Thor film and the Guardians Of The Galaxy film certainly are cosmic. Guardians and Thor will take the brunt of the cosmic side of the universe, particularly Guardians, which is 95% in space."

Am I the only one who's slightly worried about the cast for this movie?

All the previous MS movies have some kind of major actor(s) in the roles, however so far this doesn't really have any.

Iron Man: RDJ, Jeff Bridges and Gwenyth Paltrow
TIH: Ed Norton
IM2: Mickey Rourke
Thor: Anthony Hopkins, Natalie Portman
Captain America: Hugo Weaving
Avengers: Sam Jackson, and all of the Avengers.

So far GOTG doesn't really have any big actors in contention (I seem to remember reading in LR's Drax report that an unknown had been cast as RR?), apart from Jim Carrey and *shudders* Adam Sandler, but whether either of them will end up being in the movie is anyone's guess.

Who knows though, maybe some major actors will end up getting cast as Gamora, Thanos, Warlock etc and I'm overthinking things. But out of the entire Phase 2 slate, this is the one that needs that major star boost the most.

Am I the only one who's slightly worried about the cast for this movie?

All the previous MS movies have some kind of major actor(s) in the roles, however so far this doesn't really have any.

Iron Man: RDJ, Jeff Bridges and Gwenyth Paltrow
TIH: Ed Norton
IM2: Mickey Rourke
Thor: Anthony Hopkins, Natalie Portman
Captain America: Hugo Weaving
Avengers: Sam Jackson, and all of the Avengers.

So far GOTG doesn't really have any big actors in contention (I seem to remember reading in LR's Drax report that an unknown had been cast as RR?), apart from Jim Carrey and *shudders* Adam Sandler, but whether either of them will end up being in the movie is anyone's guess.

Who knows though, maybe some major actors will end up getting cast as Gamora, Thanos, Warlock etc and I'm overthinking things. But out of the entire Phase 2 slate, this is the one that needs that major star boost the most.

Yeah, it's a little early to jump the gun. So far, there's only one cast member confirmed (Star-Lord). The casting rumors for Drax so far flurry around muscleheads, yeah, but no surprise: Drax ain't Shakespeare. :oldrazz: There's been *no* solid rumors for Gamora, Thanos, RR or Groot. And people are misreading LR's (unsubstantiated) quote about Rocket: what was *said* was that the part has been cast, but it's *unknown* who got that role. Important difference there.

Do you think they will keep Gamora's origin the same? I hope not, for the sake of it becoming a cliché

ElMayimbe is claiming he has a Marvel Scoop coming later today .

i'm waiting to hear who plays the galaxy in guardians of the galaxy.

As if Mayimbe has any credibility right now; He's shot himself in the foot in the past few weeks.

As if Mayimbe has any credibility right now; He's shot himself in the foot in the past few weeks.

I'm sorry, but LR has been right on more scoops than any other site, not 100% but more than any one els. I'm not saying to believe every thing they say, but they do know more than us our we would start our own sites.

If any one has a better line into the films i want to see, and can prove it to be true, let me know and I'll read there scoops

I'm sorry, but LR has been right on more scoops than any other site, not 100% but more than any one els. I'm not saying to believe every thing they say, but they do know more than us our we would start our own sites.

If any one has a better line into the films i want to see, and can prove it to be true, let me know and I'll read there scoops
Um Deadline.

At this point I just ignore anything with ElMayimbe attached to it.

I think El Mayimbe is the biggest tool in the world, but he has been right on a Lot of scoops. As much as i dont like the guy, i have to give him some credit. The DC scoop this weekend was a great one

I think El Mayimbe is the biggest tool in the world, but he has been right on a Lot of scoops. As much as i dont like the guy, i have to give him some credit. The DC scoop this weekend was a great one

...if it were even remotely true.

...if it were even remotely true.

Um...Yeah...It was... There were several announcement yesterday all over the net. Nolan is IN

"Nolan is involved. He is playing this pretty close to the vest, which is why you probably can expect not to hear anything official about Justice League until after Man Of Steel comes out."

It seems to imply that Shad Gaspar (sp?) is up for Drax but Gunn still wants Momoa.

El Maybe is just pulling names out of his ass now. Any actor whose height is listed at over 6'2" on IMDb is on his long short list.

El Maybe is just pulling names out of his ass now. Any actor whose height is listed at over 6'2" on IMDb is on his long short list.

He didnt even mention GOTG or Drax, he all so mentioned Omar Sy

Deadline, AICN, THR, Variety, CBM, CBR, SHH/CS, Empire, EW, ET.....pretty much everybody who isn't LR these days

Funny They all pots LR scoops

Um...Yeah...It was... There were several announcement yesterday all over the net. Nolan is IN

"Nolan is involved. He is playing this pretty close to the vest, which is why you probably can expect not to hear anything official about Justice League until after Man Of Steel comes out."

Did any of those announcements quote sources that weren't LR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"