Guillermo Del Toro to direct "Crimson Peak" (or not, you never know...)

As long as it don't turn into another Dream House. Impressive cast with a cliche horror movie vibe.

Del Toro directing Cumberbatch and Jessica Chastain. Yes please. And I doubt Del Toro will turn in something (at least too) cliched.

As long as it don't turn into another Dream House. Impressive cast with a cliche horror movie vibe.
Dream House was a disaster. I shudder at the mere thought of it.

This movie has an awesome cast, hopefully it is decent.

Last edited:
Well, at least, there was something good that came out of Dream House: Mr. & Mrs. Craig. :D

Well, at least, there was something good that came out of Dream House: Mr. & Mrs. Craig. :D

Pfft. What have they done for me lately? :o

Sounds awesome....

“It’s a very traditional Gothic romance,” del Toro told Fangoria, “and at the same time very modern in the sense that it has strong sex and violence. I’ve never done a movie that has anything remotely kinky, but this movie is a little kinky and the violence is very shocking. So you’re traversing through a tranquil Gothic romance, and all of a sudden this terrifying and sexual stuff comes in. It’s very much a haunted-house movie, but I don’t think there’s a ghost of a chance that we’ll get a PG-13 rating.”

http://****************.com/movies/guillermo-del-toro-crimson-peak-pg13/

^ All of that seems rather intriguing. Del Toro doing sex and violence in a serious manner will be interesting as thus far his violence has been more of the bombastic Jack Kirby sort and the romance in his movies has leaned more toward screwball comedy or really something like a 12 year old's conception of the matter. Not a criticism, both represent the charm of his films, but it will be interesting to seem explore some other directions.

Isn't this set in the late 1800's? Sex in this time period isn't really a subject that has been covered.

Sounds awesome....

“It’s a very traditional Gothic romance,” del Toro told Fangoria, “and at the same time very modern in the sense that it has strong sex and violence. I’ve never done a movie that has anything remotely kinky, but this movie is a little kinky and the violence is very shocking. So you’re traversing through a tranquil Gothic romance, and all of a sudden this terrifying and sexual stuff comes in. It’s very much a haunted-house movie, but I don’t think there’s a ghost of a chance that we’ll get a PG-13 rating.”

http://****************.com/movies/guillermo-del-toro-crimson-peak-pg13/

So this will be a R-rated horror movie with sex and starring Emma Stone. :wow: I'm buying the tickets right away! :awesome:

Isn't this set in the late 1800's? Sex in this time period isn't really a subject that has been covered.

Yeah GDT described it as "turn of the century."

Sidenote, I wonder how long it will take until that phrase no longer indicates 1900 or so in common phrasing.

Mia Wasikowska May Replace Emma Stone in Guillermo del Toro's 'Crimson Peak'

"Alice in Wonderland's" Mia Wasikowska is in talks with Legendary Pictures to star in Guillermo del Toro's gothic horror movie "Crimson Peak," TheWrap has learned. Should Wasikowska's reps at WME be able to work out her schedule, the "Stoker" star plans to take over the role that Emma Stone had originally been attached to but was forced to depart last month due to a scheduling issue.

Wasikowska is being eyed to play a young author named Edith Cushing who discovers that her charming new husband is not who he appears to be.

Benedict Cumberbatch and Jessica Chastain will co-star as siblings from an aristocratic family, while del Toro's "Pacific Rim" star Charlie Hunnam also has a lead role in the movie.

Del Toro wrote the haunted house thriller with Matthew Robbins and Lucinda Coxon. Legendary will produce and serve as one of the movie's main financing partners, while Universal has retained an option to co-finance at a later date. Production will begin early next year

With "Crimson Peak," Del Toro plans to make toy with the conventions of the genre while subverting some of its long-standing rules.

Wasikowska recently starred in Chan-wook Park's "Stoker" and Jim Jarmusch's vampire tale "Only Lovers Left Alive." She has Richard Ayoade's "The Double" with Jesse Eisenberg and John Curran's "Tracks" with Adam Driver awaiting release. She's also attached to star in David Cronenberg's "Maps to the Stars," Todd Haynes' "Carol" with Cate Blanchett and an adaptation of "Madame Bovary." She's repped by WME and RGM Artist Group

https://www.thewrap.com/movies/colu...llermo-del-toros-crimson-peak-exclusive-95671

Also this might be the first non-Warner Bros coproduction with Legendary.

If anything would have been a chance for Stone to stretch those acting chops. Going up against Chastain and Cumberbatch would be an interesting sight.

Stoker was an unparalleled piece of crap to me, but the actors all did fine, especially Mia. Would've liked to see Emma do something different, though.

Nah, it won't. I just hope that doesn't hinder Park's career in any way.

Hinder? I doubt it. I think the Korean dude who did The Last Stand should be more worried about his career. At least Stoker, flaws and all, is more akin to Park's style where as Jee-Woon pulled a 'Hard Target' ala Woo.

By "hinder his career" I also mean "stay in Hollywood". In any case, I hope Wentworth Miller never writes a script again. Park saw what he was dealing with and overdirected (I hate that word) the hell out of Stoker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"