Halloween Movies Thread... - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
ezgif-4-748335fab7.gif

What an absolutely gorgeous, suspense, and perfect trailer this was!!!! The boogeyman is back!!!!

I love the gunshot sound on the recording,its like it came off an old 80s film

[YT]ek1ePFp-nBI[/YT]
Looks great, the tone is spot on and I like that it maintains the lowkey feel of the first but with a dynamic modern style to the way it's shot. Could be the T2 of the Halloween franchise.

Wow, that looks awesome! After RZ's terrible movies, I thought Halloween was dead. But The Shape, the REAL, terrifying, phantom, bogeyman SHAPE is back! (Vs. the redneck psycho from the RZ movies or the Jason wannabe supernatural Myers in the sequels!). So excited!

But I am wondering, is that part in the trailer with Michael's back facing the film grew....is Michael bald? lol :woot:

I know this comes out on October 19th but how many are going to wait to see this on Halloween?

To be honest I don't know if I could wait that long I might see it on the 19 and then see it again on Halloween.

I know this comes out on October 19th but how many are going to wait to see this on Halloween?

To be honest I don't know if I could wait that long I might see it on the 19 and then see it again on Halloween.

Same, once before on opening night then actual eve.

Part of me thinks that I should be more amazed that David Gordon Green had this in him but he has had such an unpredictable career switching from lower budget drama and higher budget comedy so why not old school horror right? I think what seems to separate this from H20 is the directing seems way more inspired and Carpenter worthy from that trailer, and i really like H20.

I'll see it on Halloween night for sure. But it will probably be like the 10th time I've seen it :woot:

Part of me thinks that I should be more amazed that David Gordon Green had this in him but he has had such an unpredictable career switching from lower budget drama and higher budget comedy so why not old school horror right? I think what seems to separate this from H20 is the directing seems way more inspired and Carpenter worthy from that trailer, and i really like H20.

I don't get this 'oh it's a H20 re-hash'. In H20, Laurie had moved away, re-started, was looking to escape & rebuild, new identity & existence, here she is living 'through' Michael and wanting & expecting him back in her life. Two very different approaches to trauma.

I love the gunshot sound on the recording,its like it came off an old 80s film

You're close. Those gunshots came from a 1978 film called "Halloween". :yay: :up:

I don't get this 'oh it's a H20 re-hash'. In H20, Laurie had moved away, re-started, was looking to escape & rebuild, new identity & existence, here she is living 'through' Michael and wanting & expecting him back in her life. Two very different approaches to trauma.

That's true, she's more in "please god never again" mode for most of H20 until act 3 where here she's more like "come and get me you sob" mode the whole time in this one. I mean both of course have us catching up with her many years later and michael "finding" her, but i really love how she comes off in this trailer.

You can see a hole in the side of Michael's mask where Laurie stabbed him with the knitting needle.

They also showed the scar on her arm from when he slashed her with his knife in the first film, nice touch. Also I can see what they meant when they said that there'd be nods/references to the other films here.

Now that's how you ****ing do it. I'm really excited for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"