Deadpool HARD as STEEL - The COLOSSUS Thread

What exactly is Colossus's role in the movie?

Even though we got a great Deadpool suit Negasonic Teenage Warhead has a X-Men suit that actually reminds of them, I ended up still being surprised to see Colossus' standard look.

I tend to prefer that unnecessary recasting is kept to a minimum. It'll be a shame for Cudmore to not be in this film, as I found him likeable in the role. I assume Fox plans for Deadpool to share continuity with the X-Men films so I'm surprised they'd put Colossus in the film and not use the actor that audiences will recognize as the character.

Here's the thing...

...audiences have no idea who played Colossus. Nor was he ever given character. So nobody really cares outside the hardcore X-Men film fanbase, which makes up about .2% of the people who see these films.

Ultimately the actor who played Colossus previously was probably not hired for performance. Cause he flat out barely said anything. So now when they finally have a decent sized role for the character they probably wanted a voice actor to actually be able to portray a Russian accent like he is portrayed in the comics.

They more then likely hired a stunt actor for the major action scenes and will grab a professional voice actor later in post.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't think they'd really pay much attention.

Although my personal hope is they've cast somebody who can act this time.

WQlW74f.jpg

:ilv: Uncanny!

I tend to prefer that unnecessary recasting is kept to a minimum. It'll be a shame for Cudmore to not be in this film, as I found him likeable in the role. I assume Fox plans for Deadpool to share continuity with the X-Men films so I'm surprised they'd put Colossus in the film and not use the actor that audiences will recognize as the character.

Well said. I don't find a good reason to recast an actor who plays Colossus for 4 movies, and when comes the time when his role becomes bigger in a film they recast him. Like seriously? Also don't like than Mountain look.

So I looked up what that actor has done in the past. Looks like he wrestled in a smaller wrestling organization and his younger wrestling trim was perfect for a human form Colossus. The actor can lose the weight and can always wear a hairpiece in future films if they ever decide to show him in human form. lol

Something tells me they didn't hire this Mo-Cap guy to ever play anything but the metal form otherwise they would have cast someone else who wouldn't need all that stuff

Well said. I don't find a good reason to recast an actor who plays Colossus for 4 movies, and when comes the time when his role becomes bigger in a film they recast him. Like seriously? Also don't like than Mountain look.

Personally i think the deadpool team just wanted their own comic adapted version of colossus and i somehow doubt there is anyone from fox questioning it

Last edited:

"We were never going to be able to keep Colossus as a secret. He was in the script that leaked and all that. I wasn't actually sure, until we were standing there shooting it, that at some point Fox was going to say, 'Hold on a second; we can’t put Colossus from our treasured X-Men franchise in this movie to be made fun of!' But they did, and not only that, but also they let me change the look of him. As a fanboy I’ve always been like, 'That dude with the shiny skin is not ****ing Colossus.' He should be this monstrous guy, and they actually let me make him seven-and-a-half feet tall. I did actually call Daniel Cudmore to ask him if he wanted to do this, even though he’d be entirely CG the whole time. He was very nice about it. He was like, 'I appreciate your offering, but nah.'"

http://www.empireonline.com/features/deadpool-trailer-breakdown/p2

Well there ya go. Surprised he passed it up.

I'll bet you any money you like DP references him looking different.

Pretty surprising he actually passed on it.

His tweets saying that he doesnt know why his isnt in the film, if he really refused the role its a big mistake from him, I mean he owns the role.
eAD4rhc.png

Z4sAkFk.png

It's ironic that a film with a third of the budget the X-Men films had is giving us the most comic book-accurate X-Men characters yet. Colossus looks awesome here and hopefully the voice actor they get is more talented than Cudmore. Sorry, I know the guy has his fans and he seems like a good dude, but acting isn't exactly his forte.

I'm surprised his suit is kinda loose-fitting in that pic above^

when he's in fleshy form, that costume has gotta be baggy as s***
overall tho, he looks amazing

Hey baggy shirts are in fashion!

Dolph muhf***in Lundgren

that's who it should be at least

Surprised Cudmore turned this down, as I doubt he is getting movie offers left and right, shame as I hate re-casts, but he looks awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"