• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Harvey Dent/Two-Face Thread

Denzel is 67. Most likely, his Harvey Dent would be retired.

On a side note, I think to cast Dent we should start first with Two-Face. Playing a tough DA is the easy part, it's his Two-Face persona that's the challenge.

There's no age limit on District Attorney.

This dude was D.A. until the age of 89.

Robert Morgenthau - Wikipedia

Also it makes sense that Gordon, Alfred and Dent have fatherly roles for Bruce. That makes Dent's fall from grace even more tragic.

Heres a question not meant for any particular answer but would the character Harvey Dent be worth adapting if he were not to become Two-Face?

Is he worth having as an Ally to Bruce during the trilogy with the idea after a third film that Maybeeee he becomes Two-Face?

For me, Two-Face has one of the best and most prominent stories within the Batman universe. Especially when you’re building a story about corruption. He’s the only character that’s affected the most by it, because he tries to not only save the city through the law that’s in the middle of this corruption, but fight a demon inside him that wants to play on both sides of the law. Then a tragic event causes him to lose to his demon an the demon, becomes everything he tried fighting and locking away.

I’ve always loved his story because it really is powerful and tells itself. It would be an absolute shame to not have the best Two-Face we’ve ever seen and do his character justice. There’s so much that hasn’t been explored with his character that it’s almost criminal. He seriously is, in my opinion, the perfect character for the second film. The first film you have Riddler exposing the corruption Gotham and the second film you’d have the city rebuilding and Harvey come in joining the fight against corruption, only to become a part of it. He’s the crossroads for everyone involved. The perfect character for the climax.

He’s another character that I’d also pair with Scarecrow in a film, because we could get some truly horrific scenes of Harvey battling the evil side in his mind and really play into his downfall.

He is perfect for this trilogy but I don’t see Two-Face happening until the third movie. And for some reason I don’t think we’ll see Scarecrow.

He is perfect for this trilogy but I don’t see Two-Face happening until the third movie. And for some reason I don’t think we’ll see Scarecrow.

3AF4D0AD-DC58-4DF5-B809-6B7627977AF4.jpeg

This is reason I bring up Scarecrow. It may or may not mean much, but I’m sure that he exists in this universe. For Gotham to be referred to as Fear City, one would think that Scarecrow could show up in some degree. Do you think it’s possible that Crane is already out there playing with concepts of his toxin?

Also, I’d be fine if the trilogy closes out with Two-Face as the main villain, but where I have conflict is us ending up with another movie Two-Face and Joker. If it were me, I’d do a time jump and have Harvey to be scarred in the first act of the second film. Though, I’ll have to see how this first film plays out.

I think Hartnett's big screen movie days are probably long behind him. He's a C-list actor, and doesn't have the range anyway.
200w.gif

let's bet who has to put two face make up wrong if they lose

2022 is the year of Hartnett. I'm telling you, he will be Two-Face. I am the modern day Criswell, I can predict these things with 100% accuracy, 60% of the time.

I can really see him to be honest, some of the actors of the film were stars in the 2000s that went into smaller films and reinvented themselves like Harnett

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"