Harvey Dent/Two-Face Thread

Discussion in 'The Batman' started by Two-Face, May 15, 2013.

1. shauner111 Registered

When “alright” is the bar for some ppl. Come on guys. Matt Reeves can do better than Dornan.

Jermobooka likes this.
  2. Mindreaper21 ?????

I absolutely sure he can, but I couldn’t resist that joke when it popped up in my head haha

shauner111 likes this.
  3. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

I was merely stating that he was alright. No further comment besides that.

4. shauner111 Registered

It wasn’t directed at you. It was directed towards ppl who suggest mediocre actors instead of shooting for much greater.

5. The Vafrous Registered

He's very underrated. I could see it.

6. CaptainWagner I'm A Worrier, It's What I Do (P) (he/him)

Dornan is a front-runner for nabbing an Oscar nom this year, don't really see him falling under 'mediocre.'

Jonathan Groff is the best choice I've seen on here lately. I could definitely see that being great. Would also love Morgan Spector, and I think he'd vibe well with Reeves' aesthetic:

[​IMG]

#1056 CaptainWagner, Jan 9, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
  7. shauner111 Registered

For what movie?

Maybe he's better than I thought but an Oscar nom doesn't mean you're great or fit for a role like this either. As someone who doesn't trust the judgement of the academy and trusts my own instincts more, I'm still gonna pass on him.

The Matrix guy is better and I'm not even a big fan of him for Harvey. He seems more like a Hoult for Batman choice. Someone you throw on a shortlist so you can pit them against the real actor during auditions.

Abbott >

And I won't stop lol

8. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

9. CaptainWagner I'm A Worrier, It's What I Do (P) (he/him)

Eddie Dean beat me to it, but Belfast.

I haven't seen it yet, but I haven't seen 50 Shades of Grey either. I do feel though that judging his talents based on a movie like 50 Shades is the same as judging Pattinson based on Twilight. Sure, there are some actors that have famously delivered great work from bad material. But that's a gift that usually comes w/years of experience. Dornan isn't anywhere near the top of my list for playing Harvey, but he shouldn't be counted out for raking in cash from a trash franchise.

WatchProtect likes this.
  10. Mindreaper21 ?????

I’ve tried to see Chris Abbot as Two-Face, but I just can’t. I would be shocked and excited if Michael Fasbender got the part because I can see him deliver that iconic forceful Two-Face b-slap.

Babillygunn and Art Vandelay like this.
  11. shauner111 Registered

12. Mindreaper21 ?????

Haha, sorry dude. I want to see what you see, but it’s just not clicking. He’s a pretty good actor though.

13. shauner111 Registered

Even after watching Possessor and Piercing?? Pure Two-Face.

14. Mindreaper21 ?????

I’m actually going to watch Possessor today. I saw a preview of it and it looked promising

#1064 Mindreaper21, Jan 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    shauner111 likes this.
  15. Art Vandelay Registered

I tried watching Piercing last night, but my cable kept cutting out, so I didn't finish it. Still, I don't really see any Two-Face (or just Harvey Dent) in him just based on that particular performance. He seemed fairly reserved (emotionally).

16. shauner111 Registered

Reserved and hiding something that could potentially be dark. Perfect for Harvey Dent if you ask me.

Possessor is perfect for when he's Two-Face.

With that said, you didn't need to see Joker-isms in Heath or Joaquin before they took the job for the Joker. It's not always about "he played a character that reminded me of this Batman villain, therefore I think he should play that villain". It goes deeper than that when actors are cast in roles. So I try to see if there's anything in the eyes and movements from a variety of roles, like with Christopher Abbott for instance. And I absolutely see it with Abbott. It's pretty obvious to me even on the surface. But it's all in the eyes and his temperament in Black Bear where you know this guy is gonna snap on somebody soon, and can't help himself when he does.

I also just love his look, height, hair style/colour.

17. The Lazarus Pit The Boy Wonder

Hartnett (like Farrell) was one of the finalists for Batman in Peterson’s failed Batman vs Superman. He would’ve been great!

Good pick for Harvey too

The Vafrous likes this.
  18. Art Vandelay Registered

Last night I stumbled on Possessor (this must be Christopher Abbott week...). Holy crap, what a violent movie. Anway, what I saw was enough to get me intrigued at the idea of Abbot as Dent. So much that I whipped up this totally awesome manip.

[​IMG]

I used a face from Mike Marino's instagram, the FX artist working on The Batman. He does amazing work, incidentally, makes me excited for what he could do if they choose to use Two-Face.

antsman41 and shauner111 like this.
  19. shauner111 Registered

Nice! I knew you'd come around once you saw him in Possessor. Especially THAT scene with the gun.

20. Mindreaper21 ?????

So I finally saw Possessor and….Damn. That movie is Mortal Kombat level brutal. A Lot of unexpected scenes in there.

Ok, after thinking on it for a while. I would say I can see him being in my top five once I really get a feel for how I would want Two-Face to be in this film. Abbot does have a lot more working in his favor overall than I initially thought. I can definitely see it here.

17C34938-BC69-4F7A-8405-7BF596067FD2.jpeg
    79E268F2-7088-4B50-91B2-052713698687.jpeg

Just to name a few ideas I came across for this version of Two-Face: Have him to be the bastard son of a dead abusive mobster. This will give him more of a reason to hit the mob as hard as he does. Have is birth name to be Apollo as a throwback to his origins, but changes his name to Harvey Dent to bury his past. This would give his bad side the name Apollo before they become Two-Face. Use the blue and black Long Halloween suit. Give him a blind milky eye rather than a bulging eye. Nothing too ridiculous with his mouth. It can be slightly opened with makeup and prosthetics, but no cgi.

21. Art Vandelay Registered

Right?! I'm not at all a gore/violence guy, but that was maybe the most violent movie I've ever seen. Although, I actually couldn't look at much of it...

As for Dent, I highly suggest you check out Mike Marino's instagram, if you haven't already. Obviously we know he does good work just based off his Penguin, but a couple of things he's done suggest Two-Face will look so much better than what we got with Nolan (albeit, much more restrained).

Login • Instagram

Mindreaper21 likes this.
  22. Mindreaper21 ?????

Thats Incredible! However, I do like the work he did on MGK better than this one. Something similar to this and a bit more red then boom!

Art Vandelay likes this.
  23. Art Vandelay Registered

Yeah, also a good one, particularly the scalp.

Bonus Kravitz

Mindreaper21 likes this.
  24. Brotherhood Registered

Christopher Abbott would be my first pick too :)

I think him and Pattinson would be bounce off each other really well.

[​IMG]

25. Sharkboy Tell em Steve-Dave

I fully expect to get crucified for this but here we go;

Does anyone think that maybe Harvey Dent is a redundant or well worn character at this moment in time for Bat-films. His origin is in my opinion the most important part of his character, and such a definitive part of Batman lore, i can't imagine many iterations of the character NOT having it; however;

TDK's portrayal of Harvey Dent was definitive, not to mention we've just had a long Halloween two part movie, the origin on its own is quite hefty and would take up a long amount of run time, can a sequel justify that?

Could something radical be done to the character, visually or character wise so it would feel a little less 'been there done that?' Earth one's Jessica and Harvey Dent take was really unique, or they could look into making him a POC, or just give a twist on the origin story...just anything so we arent doing the same thing again in a sequel.

oh and for those that would wonder why we can do joker in multiple movies and not two face; if you cant see how malleable one character is while the other one isn't, point me out to what im missing.

Rick190293 likes this.