Hellboy II DVD and Blu-ray thread

I'm pretty sure Best Buy will have some kinda special thing, it usually does, but you never know.

Just picked up the Hellboy 2 BDD yesterday! I was debating whether to pick it up on BDD for the exclusive features or just get it on normal DVD. Being that I was so seduced by the exclusive in picture features as well as access to downloadable content, I went with the BDD.

The picture quality of the film was extremely top notch! Rich colors, nice contrast and super clarity! It's amazing! I didn't have the stereo turned on but even so, the audio quality was blaring from the television speakers too! Me and my brother were blown away! Definitely think the choice to pick it up on BDD was right!

I messed around with the in picture features and they were pretty cool! There was a concept art, director's notebook (with Del Toro interview and on set footage) and the regular on-set footage where it's just fly on the wall type stuff.

Here's the weird part. The second disc was a DVD. Don't know why really, maybe it's because when you insert it to any computer you can download the digital copy? If so, I'm curious why the 3-disc edition of the Hellboy 2 movie comes with 3 discs to begin with?

Anyway, that out of the way, I'm still pretty amped about the second disc because the behind the scenes documentary was really beefy just like they did with the previous Hellboy DVD. Pretty extensive look at the production. I didn't get to watch the whole thing yet mind you, but from what I saw so far, seems as if they were pretty info heavy.

So yeah! Aside from the weird fact that I buy a BDD movie and I get the second disc in DVD format, I'm still satisfied with it! I'd vouch for the BDD release if you have to go with one or the other! It's worth it.

The 3-disc cover is awesome.. alternate's between movie and comic HB.

Call me crazy, but I think the DVD covers look kinda ... Cheap.

Oh well, in any case, I'll pick up a DVD eventually. I enjoyed this movie. :)

The 3-Disc, one with the changing cover is that only for Blue-Ray?

I picked up the 3-disc dvd gift set today, then saw that Wal-mart had an exclusive on the single disc. It came with a (albeit kinda cheap) BPRD belt buckle, and being that I have a thing for belt buckles bought that too. Now to find a friend who wants the single disc dvd (i'm sure it won't be hard).

To anyone that has the collector's set- How big is the poster that it comes with?

About 4x the size of a dvd case. It's stapled inside the booklet that comes with it, folded in four. I havn't taken it out of there....yet.

My DVD arrived a minute ago.

Beautiful packaging. And this Golden Army figure is very nice. :up:

Bought the gift set at BB yesterday. I didn't know Walmart had a belt buckle.. now I want that too. Maybe I'll check ebay or something.. I don't have enough for another dvd.

Think I'll just go for the DVD. The Blue-Ray in it's video quality does not look much different at all.

I'll let you know that the belt buckle isn't the greatest quality, the "bar" on the back is fixed so it sits slightly crooked when you wear it. It's pretty cheaply made. On that note, I still love the heck out of it and have been wearing it every day since I got it. I think my decepticon, punisher and freddy glove buckles are getting jealous.

Is each Golden Army statue different? JW, because the back of the box says that it's one-of-a-kind.

The DVD came out? Wow, they need way better advertising for the next movie. I haven't seen a commercial or anything.

Didnt know it was out in the US, anyone have any idea how its doing?

1,376,057 units sold

$28,682,395(only from sales,without rentals)

The Numbers look good, but i bet the Dark Knight's sales will be ten times better.

The Numbers look good, but i bet the Dark Knight's sales will be ten times better.

Yes,but that's quite natural.

Hellboy made $75 million in the USA meaning around 11 million tickets were sold.

TDK has made $530 which means it sold around 75 million tickets.

There are probably 50-55 million more people who watched The Dark Knight bringing a lot more potential buyers.

Pound-for-pound,Hellboy's sales are great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"