Justice League Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Someone who can play an actual teenager would be a good start.

(love Melissa in the role, though!)

D_bV6C9XUAAxDmP.jpg

not DC related, but he's about to be the big star for the next SDCC for the Witcher Tv series

the trailer is highly anticipated, im sure there's will be some DC Questions on that Panel,

I think he's out, but he is still trying to sound as if he's still going to play Superman, just to keep his fans happy and get them to watch The Witcher. He sounds like he's hoping that WB might call him back.

It would be interesting to hear what Cavill has to say about Superman, some weeks after his "The Witcher" series airs on Netflix .

I don't get that sense at all. I think he still wants the role but obviously there just isn't anything there for him. The Supermam role has nothing to do with The Witcher. His fans will follow him regardless. I won't watch the Witcher. Will probably only see what's going on here and there.

Sounds like nothing is in the works, he hasn't heard anything. Being diplomatic as ever.
Or.. he knows he is out after broken down talks and calling their bluff by making the fans think it is WB delaying..

Eh, on to The Witcher for me. Get plenty of Cavill goodness with some long-form storytelling to boot.

The trailer he looked a bit flat to me... a bit wooden - that same expression he makes in BvS

The trailer he looked a bit flat to me... a bit wooden - that same expression he makes in BvS
Yep, The Perma-Scowl returns.

I don't have high expectations for The Witcher, but hope to be pleasantly surprised.

I'm ready for a new Supes, even if it's just a Supergirl cameo for the time being. It's just time for some new blood.

I'd like a new Superman too. But in a business where Sony lending their property, Movie Spider-Man, to a rival studio is a thing that actually happened, along with James Gunn being fired then rehired by the same people, I guess getting Cavill to come back isn't impossible enough. I keep thinking there's just no way to do Supergirl without needing at least a passing mention and glimpse of some kind of "Superman", for context. It saves them the search, the tantrumy backlash, the build-up of goodwill all over again... if they are of the opinion that the "fresh face" route has been attempted one times too many, after Routh and Cavill. I'd hope not, but I could see it.

I want to see Superman have sort of a presence, and then when they meet at the end of SUPERGIRL, he's got a neck, but still no head.

In JL he had been buried for a period of time when they assumed he was dead. Yet appeared clean shaven when he was resurrected.

Why they didn’t just bring him back with a beard, which he could easily have grown around the moustache and then shaved off for MI, is beyond me. He’s had one in the comics plenty of times. Would have avoided the entire moustachegate debacle.

upload_2019-10-13_11-9-54.png

Playing Devil’s advocate but maybe it was the lesser of two evils because if they filmed new scenes with Cavill sporting a beard that would mean they’d need to digitally add a beard to all the Snyder shot scenes they used.

In JL he had been buried for a period of time when they assumed he was dead. Yet appeared clean shaven when he was resurrected.

Why they didn’t just bring him back with a beard, which he could easily have grown around the moustache and then shaved off for MI, is beyond me. He’s had one in the comics plenty of times. Would have avoided the entire moustachegate debacle.

View attachment 29280

Because WB bought into the critical reception and convinced themselves that a beard for Superman may be TOO edgy for the character and wanted him to appear as clean shaven and as clean merited as humanly (and Kryptonianly) possible, especially after BvS. They would rather put out that pathetically bad product and mess up Superman's face and try to insult the fans AND the general audience's intelligence by swiping that stuff under the rug when in reality, it was a joke of a move to make it appear like they corrected everything that was wrong with BvS by somehow making it worse. But make no mistake, the studio wanted Superman as clean cut as possible and they went to those hilarious lengths to make it happen.

Yup, I can imagine some Execs saying, "he should be like Captain America not Wolverine".

Playing Devil’s advocate but maybe it was the lesser of two evils because if they filmed new scenes with Cavill sporting a beard that would mean they’d need to digitally add a beard to all the Snyder shot scenes they used.

I saw the VFX guy in 2017 saying that adding mustache is a walk in the park compared to adding it on and having to work on the jawlines etc which was a nightmare

I saw the VFX guy in 2017 saying that adding mustache is a walk in the park compared to adding it on and having to work on the jawlines etc which was a nightmare

Yep. WB even sent Paramount visuals of putting the mustache back on and was willing to pay the CG costs but they still denied. Putting things on a facial structure is easy. Taking things off, the VFX team has to reconstruct the entire jawline and piece the structure of a face back together using graphs of an actors features, which would take forever to perfect for a respectful product. The nightmare result showed everything we needed to know.

Yep. WB even sent Paramount visuals of putting the mustache back on and was willing to pay the CG costs but they still denied. Putting things on a facial structure is easy. Taking things off, the VFX team has to reconstruct the entire jawline and piece the structure of a face back together using graphs of an actors features, which would take forever to perfect for a respectful product. The nightmare result showed everything we needed to know.

Honestly, I still can't understand on what went through their minds when the executives decided to hash out $50 million extra dollars in adding scenes to the film that weren't necessary.

They could have easily trimmed or edited parts that they thought were too "edgy" but to spend more money and go through all of that trouble when the finished product (if you can even call it finished) clearly showed that it wasn't worth the extra cost. In the end Warner Bros wasted/lost more money while losing face as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"