Justice League Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Cavill's shoulders sit higher than Evans. Looks to me he has about an inch or so on him.

Not gonna lie though, it's pretty AWESOME seeing Supes and Cap side by side with each other.

For a moment, I thought Endgame had turned into a biopic of Robert Mitchum.

*immediately Googles Jessica Chastain's height*

WTF. How am I almost 3 inches taller than her? What kind of devilry is this??? Truly nothing makes sense anymore.

Yeah, it was during the press junkets for Dark Phoenix that I first noticed how short she is compared to her co-stars. After doing a double-take, I googled her much the same as you just did. There's no way I would've known otherwise.

Evans lost all his guns, most likely he is still recovering from playing a 100-year old man in Endgame.

It still cracks me up that an aged-up Chris Evans is basically former VP and presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden.

dae182cce1f2d03a64737b23f71e93b5.jpg

So - something just went off in my head.... this whole time there was another Steve Rodgers that knew what was about to go down in real time, because he had already lived in, this entire time? Is that how it works...

So - something just went off in my head.... this whole time there was another Steve Rodgers that knew what was about to go down in real time, because he had already lived in, this entire time? Is that how it works...
No, it's the string theory version. Him going back and staying created a new timeline that he lived out his life in, and what he got up to in that timeline is left to our imaginations. Maybe he lived out adventures as Captain America throughout history with Peggy by his side. Maybe he immediately rescued Bucky and did more to make sure the world was ready for Thanos, who knows. He either returned to this timeline after his Peggy died (since they could now navigate the quantum realm with relative ease), or just popped back into it to give Sam the shield and say goodbye.

shame i won't be able to see another Steve Rodgers movie as long as MCU keeps going as is. he is my favorite in Marvel Universe.

It still cracks me up that an aged-up Chris Evans is basically former VP and presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden.

dae182cce1f2d03a64737b23f71e93b5.jpg

There are so many inappropriate pics of real life version of old man Cap that I'll refrain from posting lol

No, it's the string theory version. Him going back and staying created a new timeline that he lived out his life in, and what he got up to in that timeline is left to our imaginations. Maybe he lived out adventures as Captain America throughout history with Peggy by his side. Maybe he immediately rescued Bucky and did more to make sure the world was ready for Thanos, who knows. He either returned to this timeline after his Peggy died (since they could now navigate the quantum realm with relative ease), or just popped back into it to give Sam the shield and say goodbye.

So the writers wanted him to be the guy watching from the sideline and ended up as the hubby to the Peggy that was in Winter Soldier but somehow fans say it doesn't work so it's 2 timelines where Steve lives it out in the new timeline where there's not another Steve Roger?

So the writers wanted him to be the guy watching from the sideline and ended up as the hubby to the Peggy that was in Winter Soldier but somehow fans say it doesn't work so it's 2 timelines where Steve lives it out in the new timeline where there's not another Steve Roger?
I'm just describing what the movie laid out about their version of time travel. It clearly said you can't alter your own timeline and when you go back and make any changes, you create a new one. They even used visuals to illustrate it to make it extra-clear. The Russos confirmed that. I don't care what the writers said, I just care what the movie says.

And for the record, even based on what the movie says, he still would've ended up in a timeline with two Steve Rogers. Maybe he came back to our timeline when the other one got found, who knows. I'm fine with that being left up to the viewer.

But in the reality that Steve jumped into, they would have had their own Steve Rogers. It doesn't prevent Prime Steve from still having adventures, but I imagine he would have had to keep a lot of things secret. That world would still have had Steve Rogers become Captain American, get frozen in ice, then found so he can lead the Avengers. Just before the time Old Cap junked back to his (this) dimension, there would have been both Avengers Cap and Old Cap in the alternate one.

Edit: Okay, I just read your next post which says the same thing.

But in the reality that Steve jumped into, they would have had their own Steve Rogers. It doesn't prevent Prime Steve from still having adventures, but I imagine he would have had to keep a lot of things secret. That world would still have had Steve Rogers become Captain American, get frozen in ice, then found so he can lead the Avengers. Just before the time Old Cap junked back to his (this) dimension, there would have been both Avengers Cap and Old Cap in the alternate one.
Yeah that's what I mentioned in the post above yours. There were still two Caps in that timeline. But how he handled that is left to our imaginations, along with the entire alternate history of that other timeline.

EDIT: And I now I see you saw. ;)

Wait so the directors basically meant the ones that died in IW, they died for good? When they travelled back they created a new timeline, meaning basically creating the same live characters again?

Oh man I am gonna have a beer

Wait so the directors basically meant the ones that died in IW, they died for good? When they travelled back they created a new timeline, meaning basically creating the same live characters again?
What? No, they returned to their own timeline in the present and brought everyone back. They didn't alter their past. The reason they had to return the stones at the exact moment they took them is to prevent creating new timelines that didn't have the stones to defend themselves.

No they couldn’t alter past events of their own timeline. But they were able to return to their timeline in the present and save everyone.

Right?
Yep, exactly.

Oh man I am gonna have a beer
Yup. They cannot possibly go back in past and not change the events because the very act of going back creates new stream of timeline.

Edit: Okay, I just read your next post which says the same thing.

Honestly, I do think it's possible to Steve could exist as 2 people in the same timeline. Because yes nothing Steve could do could have affected the time line in the traditional Terminator kind of way, but who's to say that we weren't following the reality in which he ended up with Peggy from the very beginning? Maybe older Steve was in the background this whole time, we didn't know. I think that opens up some ideas they could explore later should Evans ever want to return. Marvel itself confirms the multiverse, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that we were watching that universe this entire time.

I personally like the idea that Old Steve was out there the entire time. So I like my idea lol. Now, even that works require a second time line, but even so, maybe we just never saw that timeline. Plus that timeline likely would have played out similarly to that point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"