Justice League Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

it is a big deal. we have superman back. i just dont think the GA even knew he was out at some point. all they know is that there hast been a superman movie in a while.

i just dont see the breaking the internet part thats all. it got great numbers on social media but nothing that can be considered breaking the internet

I will agree they didn't know he was out...but thought there wasnt another film coming any time soon since he hadn't done anything besides JL.

Speaking specifically in regards to the trend on Twitter and as big of a fan as I am of Cavill, this is simply not true. Ant-Man trended mostly in the Top 3-5 all day long, Cavill trended around the 9-10 spot at its peak. I do think it is impressive overall that it managed to trend as well as it did, but it didn't trump the Marvel trailer by any stretch.

That might have been the case by days end on Twitter but when both dropped which was pretty much simultaneously the Cavill news was domination. Also I’ll add there were several different trends for Cavill too not just one. Additionally as I said on Cavill’s Instagram the video when I checked the next day had over 21 million views. It was a huge deal.

it is a big deal. we have superman back. i just dont think the GA even knew he was out at some point. all they know is that there hast been a superman movie in a while.

i just dont see the breaking the internet part thats all. it got great numbers on social media but nothing that can be considered breaking the internet

You do know breaking the internet is just a turn to phrase for when something huge drops? It certainly did make it to the general audience too it’s even been on the news.

Show is done for. If they keep straying away from the source material they won't be able to rely on Cavil to carry it anymore

I have a real problem with Grace Randolph in regards to this Witcher news:

She's basically trying to skew this news in her favor per her previous "reporting" that Cavill is difficult to work with and that he has some crazy ego. "here's what Tinseltown is saying" who is saying this exactly? It's just you. She fails to bring up any of the behind the scenes issues with the Witcher production re: writers saying "f you" to the source material. You have creatives from the show that left to go work on the X-Men 97 revival at Disney because the powers at be didn't care for the Witcher source material and wanted to do their own thing, considering how much Cavill loves the Witcher source material it's not hard to believe this is the reason he's leaving. But Randolph fails to mention this at all and only uses this news to further her narrative that Cavill is some primadonna. Ugh.

Last edited:
What she fails to bring up that this has been in the works for a hot minute. He didnt just get his Superman cameo and decide to quit. They already had Liam lined up, signed, sealed and delivered. It was just a matter of when to break the news.

What she fails to bring up that this has been in the works for a hot minute. He didnt just get his Superman cameo and decide to quit. They already had Liam lined up, signed, sealed and delivered. It was just a matter of when to break the news.
Well it’s not like the cameo just happened yesterday either. Cavill mentioned it was filmed back in July, so that would have been plenty of time for the Witcher team to find, reach out and sign his replacement.

Grace Randolph lying and wrong about something...must be a day that ends in "Y".

Grace has had it out for Henry for whatever reason.

Whichever side of the fence you land on this Henry stuff, gotta say its getting a lot of good press. Every interview Henry does he’s being asked about Superman and there seems to be a genuine hunger and excitement for a new Superman movie again which is good since people often say no one cares about the character anymore.

If they can lock in a good director and script for this then WB could potentially have a monster franchise on their hands. I think the world needs a hopeful blockbuster Superman movie right now.

I just hope they don't try and make Superman "cool". Just tell a solid story and be true to the character and go from there.

One thing that will be interesting with Gunn at the co-helm is that he engages with fans. WB and DC seem to have been very tight lipped in recent years and Gunn could be the exact opposite. I'm not saying he won't still play close to the vest when need be, but he's also a fan and seems to have lots of DC/ comic book/superhero fans in his inner circle, so it seems he can see things from that pov as well.

Grace has had it out for Henry for whatever reason.

Whichever side of the fence you land on this Henry stuff, gotta say its getting a lot of good press. Every interview Henry does he’s being asked about Superman and there seems to be a genuine hunger and excitement for a new Superman movie again which is good since people often say no one cares about the character anymore.

If they can lock in a good director and script for this then WB could potentially have a monster franchise on their hands. I think the world needs a hopeful blockbuster Superman movie right now.

Absolutely, if you tackle this right, get the positive and bright message of Superman across...this can be one of the biggest Homeruns ever in a time that absolutely need this beyond movies and comics.

Like look at the positive vibes Black Panther gets for dealing in a good way with loss and grief.

As for Grace...yeah i dont get it.
Even during Snyders time at WB, she had such a grudge towards Cavill and i wonder what that man did to piss her off.
As if she isnt already cringy enough, her hate on Cavill is so utterly bonkers.

I have a real problem with Grace Randolph in regards to this Witcher news:

So.....what she's saying is that Cavill dumped his million dollars an episode, world wide hit show for a 6 sec cameo as Superman? Yup that's totally logical..........in bizzaro world!
Our boy Superman is one of the world's most popular characters (and possibly it's most popular hero: Superman Topping Spider-Man And Batman In Greatest Superhero Poll) but even Superman ain't worth dumping the Witcher series (controversial as it may be) for a cameo.
Cavill is signed for a giant XXL Superman contract with WBD and contrary to what the trades are reporting, the studio is well into pre-production on the new Superman solo, with a detailed outline already established and the script being written as we speak (this whole thing about WB "looking for writers" is nonsense). The studio also has a short wishlist of directors already in hand and if I am a betting man I'd say that Mathew Vaughn is at the top of that list (the guy is an established director who loves Superman and who has already worked with Cavill on "argyle" just last year and happens to be available quite soon).
Working on 2 season of the witcher back to back would be very limiting to Cavill's Superman and other film (the new Guy Ritchie flick) obligations, not to mention that it's no secret that Cavill wasn't entirely happy with the way the witcher series deviated from the books and games.

I tried listening to one of Randloph's videos a few years back and honestly I couldn't stand her. Maybe it was her voice or her mannerisms or the way she presented her self, but watching a video of hers was the equivalent of watching 20 mins (that's all I could stand) of the first twilight movie i.e. it was torture.

She’s an absolute idiot, she tries to twist things to suit her narratives. Grace isn’t allowed to be wrong.

There seems to be in General problem with Cavill which i dont get from many.
Like, he isnt the first to drop out of projects because of Money and the idea of bigger Fame etc.

But somehow everything Cavill does Professional, seems to piss some off.

When he didnt promote the Snydercut as they wanted, he was a sellout, when he did witcher he was a sellout, when he did the cameo he was a sellout, now he is a sellout because he left the Witcher show...and because he wants to do Superman without Snyder.

So.....what she's saying is that Cavill dumped his million dollars an episode, world wide hit show for a 6 sec cameo as Superman? Yup that's totally logical..........in bizzaro world!
Our boy Superman is one of the world's most popular characters (and possibly it's most popular hero: Superman Topping Spider-Man And Batman In Greatest Superhero Poll) but even Superman ain't worth dumping the Witcher series (controversial as it may be) for a cameo.
Cavill is signed for a giant XXL Superman contract with WBD and contrary to what the trades are reporting, the studio is well into pre-production on the new Superman solo, with a detailed outline already established and the script being written as we speak (this whole thing about WB "looking for writers" is nonsense). The studio also has a short wishlist of directors already in hand and if I am a betting man I'd say that Mathew Vaughn is at the top of that list (the guy is an established director who loves Superman and who has already worked with Cavill on "argyle" just last year and happens to be available quite soon).
Working on 2 season of the witcher back to back would be very limiting to Cavill's Superman and other film (the new Guy Ritchie flick) obligations, not to mention that it's no secret that Cavill wasn't entirely happy with the way the witcher series deviated from the books and games.

I tried listening to one of Randloph's videos a few years back and honestly I couldn't stand her. Maybe it was her voice or her mannerisms or the way she presented her self, but watching a video of hers was the equivalent of watching 20 mins (that's all I could stand) of the first twilight movie i.e. it was torture.

Exactly. Cavill has been absolutely silent on this whole Superman front all these years precisely because he was waiting for him and WB to come to the right deal. The guy would not go on social media and confidently proclaim “I AM BACK AS SUPERMAN!” if he didnt have a firm deal in place to play Superman in his own movies AS WELL as cameos in the near future. He wouldnt make that announcement just off of a Black Adam cameo which he wouldnt have done in the first place if he wasnt assured a future as the character.

There seems to be in General problem with Cavill which i dont get from many.
Like, he isnt the first to drop out of projects because of Money and the idea of bigger Fame etc.

But somehow everything Cavill does Professional, seems to piss some off.

When he didnt promote the Snydercut as they wanted, he was a sellout, when he did witcher he was a sellout, when he did the cameo he was a sellout, now he is a sellout because he left the Witcher show...and because he wants to do Superman without Snyder.

Well a certain cult fanbase believes unless you 100% worship every second a film their God created and you don't defend it at all costs and only make our watch films made by said God or his friends you are suppressive and must be yelled down. It's why many of us who were defenders of those films stopped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"