• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Justice League Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

I get that was the explanation in the comics, and that may have been his intention, but the film doesn't really support it as the League fight suggests he came back pretty much at full strength.

He was super charged from the motherbox rebirth and then sundipped in the black regeneration suit before battle.

May I ask a question: Prior to Zod's invasion on Earth, did the Kryptonians ever know that they would be powered up by yellow sunlight radiation? If not, then how did they come up with the black suit?

May I ask a question: Prior to Zod's invasion on Earth, did the Kryptonians ever know that they would be powered up by yellow sunlight radiation? If not, then how did they come up with the black suit?

Jor-EL's AI explained to Kal in MoS about powerset and Earth's gravity giving him abilities to always test his limits. The black suit wasn't spoon fed but seeing each suit come out of its chambers signifies the long rich history of Kryptonian travels and battles. Also, my own fanfic here, but with Kara crash landing, she could have wore the black suit since she was the first Kryptonian to crash on Earth but that's in my head:yay:

Did anything in the film say he was super charged by the motherbox?

Superman was dead. He was in a coffin. He would have stayed dead without the motherbox's awakening. Cyborg explained the necessary charge the motherbox needed for it to revive. Flash tapped into the speed force and touched the motherbox, awakening it. You then see Kal explode out of the Kryptonian Scout Ship within that reviving energy, which is heat absorbed, as explained in Silas Stones death. It's all in the movie.

Yup and whenever someone (or usually the majority) criticize Snyder's work, alot of Snyder fanatics just say "oh that's because you don't get the man's genius" while some of us so called Superman fans respond by saying "Snyder doesn't get Superman" and round and round we go and it's annoying as ****.....on both sides. But what is more annoying is whenever someone says they don't like Snyder's Superman, some of his fans' go to line is "then stick to the cheesy Reeve(no S) version" you know the same version that inspired Nolan, Singer, Jenkins, Bayona, Feige and even James Mangold (yup Superman:TM was one of the main inspirations for Logan). People need to learn to be more respectful to a movie that is now part of the AFI list even if they don't like it and more importantly people need to learn that most of the audience who reject Snyder's Superman tend to do so because it doesn't work for them, no anti-Snyder or pro Chris Reeve agendas necessary.

As for Snyder getting Superman, well that's clearly false because the general audience who showed up in masses for MOS and BvS openings ran for the hill the following week and those movies suffered massive drops and by the time JL opened people were so checked out that a film that has the world's most famous superheroes opened less than a Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Getting a character is making said character appealing to the general public and according to the general audience who have little pre-conceived attachment to these character Snyder failed miserably in that regard, with Superman and Batman alike. That ofcourse doesn't negate your love for the man's take on these characters but when it comes to these 200+million movies, it's the opinion of the majority that counts.

Oh, yea definitely..fans need to calm down a bit. It's alright for Snyder to do his interpretation, also alright for people to dislike it.

I do disagree about the last part...I think BvS failed because of execution and how much they tried to pack into it, not because audience didn't like Snyder's interpretation of these character. IMO, GA doesn't care about character changes so long as it's executed well.

I see it similar to Fox doing Phoenix saga and trying to push too many plot lines into 1 movie. Snyder and co shouldn't have done Death of Superman this early. Instead use Metallo (teamup with WW to fight him off; might need to power up Metallo a bit more though).

As for MOS, I don't think that film failed, especially considering the previous Superman outing (just failure on WB's part for expecting MOS to hit $1bn).

Superman was dead. He was in a coffin. He would have stayed dead without the motherbox's awakening. Cyborg explained the necessary charge the motherbox needed for it to revive. Flash tapped into the speed force and touched the motherbox, awakening it. You then see Kal explode out of the Kryptonian Scout Ship within that reviving energy, which is heat absorbed, as explained in Silas Stones death. It's all in the movie.

I got how he was revived and the Mother Box being able to turn smoke back into a house. There wasn't anything there saying he would revive more powerful and then need a top up. No big deal, just thought I'd missed something else.

I got how he was revived and the Mother Box being able to turn smoke back into a house. There wasn't anything there saying he would revive more powerful and then need a top up. No big deal, just thought I'd missed something else.

Definitely man. That's the one thing with Zack. His storytelling is through mostly his visuals. He was on his A-game with ZSJL.

It was explored well before Smallville. Lois & Clark did that same storyline (though the transfer of Clark's powers to Lois was accidental there), and STAS had him state outright that he needs to be Clark Kent because "I'd go crazy if I had to be Superman all the time." It's a common Superman trope to ponder that question at some point. SG did it too.

Also worth looking at: the comic Astro City, and specifically any and all stories involving the Samaritan, whose primary thematic premise is "What if Superman actually were a workaholic?"

( Also Astro City is just generally worth plugging, because its basically the best superhero comic ever, cough )

Not a big fan of the idea either...but if we are talking nonsense.

Well, definitely non-nonsensical that Clark even bothers to be a reporter, and not be Superman full-time, given that there's always someone in danger at any point of time (could even argue that he's willingly ignoring their cries or just shutting himself off - which is fine btw, entirely human to do so in some sense - physical and mental break).

Or...that Bruce continuously adopts more and more wards, even after what Joker did to Jason. Or that he still lets Joker and others go, despite the damage they inflict upon Gotham (his code made much more sense when rogues gallery were less violent).

Anyways, my point is, if executed well, it can work. I am not too sure if Snyder can pull that off well though.

I mean I think all of this Batman stuff is pretty bad too lol even if we're already used to it.

It's why I never really like the Bat-villains escalating to blood thirsty slasher villains, and I'm usually not fond of any other Robins after Dick (barring maybe Damian, and only when written by Morrison).

Honestly, there several things about Snyder's "original" plans for Superman that I just can't get on board with.
  • Judging by Snyder's comments, it appears that Superman was NEVER going to wear his classic costume again until AFTER Batman died saving Lois. What's the point of having a "Justice League" if we can't see Superman wearing his normal colors when working with Batman and Wonder Woman?
  • The idea that Clark and Lois would condone their normal son into becoming the next Batman just seems wrong. NO good parent should willingly want that type of life for their children.
  • Given Superman's limited dialog in both MOS and BvS, I really doubt that Snyder would have given him much for the last two JL films.
  • Personally, I hate how Lois's fate is what'll make or break Superman's character.

Pretty much my thoughts. I feel like Snyder is trying to tell a story similar to the structure Netflix’s Daredevil to name one idea, but they did the no red suit twice in that series. For the first season, I think it worked but they didn’t need to go through another season-long arc of Daredevil developing again before he gets back his red suit, which we didn’t even see him put on again by the final episode.

I think the only rational way to see Superman turn evil if he’s possessed by some type of spell of some kind of Kryptonite. But if be breaks because of Lois then that would be terrible.

How can Lois and Clark have a kid of their own and not have powers?

Still my biggest problem of all this is why would you want to make a Justice League trilogy with no red and blue Superman suit? What’s the point of seeing Superman standing next to all those characters if he only wears the black suit? So he’d wear it by the final film, supposedly in the climax but Batman would be dead.

I laughed that he was in his red and blue suit during the Knightmare scene at the end of the movie.

The movie itself gives no hints on storing sunlight so one cant expect the audience watching to know that. in the movie it just looks like he thought, maybe i should try a different outfit this time.

I laughed that he was in his red and blue suit during the Knightmare scene at the end of the movie.
It was consistent with earlier Knightmare scene in BvS where Superman is in his red and blue suit. It just shows that visions showing Knightmare future (where Superman is influenced by anti-life equation and Darkseid) is different from the one they averted in ZSJL and it hasn't yet happened.

media.gif

It was consistent with earlier Knightmare scene in BvS where Superman is in his red and blue suit. It just shows that visions showing Knightmare future (where Superman is influenced by anti-life equation and Darkseid) is different from the one they averted in ZSJL and it hasn't yet happened.

media.gif

Still funny that we'd get return from the dead "good" Superman in black and when he goes "evil" its in his classic colors. But good continuity for the coloring.

Still funny that we'd get return from the dead "good" Superman in black and when he goes "evil" its in his classic colors. But good continuity for the coloring.
Yeah, if they want to go that route (and they're not, going by Warner Media head Ann Sarnoff's latest Interview)
WB need to make 2 (or 3) traditional "good" Superman movies where he is loved and respected hero who's kind and helpful.

You Cavill fans don't understand. Henry Cavill never gets another Superman solo movie. The part is perfect for him. It'll make him a bigger star. I'm gonna run him out of the movies. And let me tell you why. Henry Cavill ruined one of Woltz International's most valuable proteges. For three years we had her under contract, singing lessons, dancing lessons, acting lessons. I spent hundreds of thousands of dollars. I was gonna make her a big star. And let me be even more frank, just to show you that I'm not a hard-hearted man, that it's not all dollars and cents. She was beautiful! She was young, she was innocent. She was the greatest piece of ass I've ever had, and I've had 'em all over the world. And then Henry Cavill comes along with his olive oil voice and wide hips and short arms and she runs off. She threw it all away just to make me look ridiculous. And a man in my position can't afford to be made to look ridiculous. Now you get the hell out of here! And if that bald bastah tries any rough stuff, you tell him I ain't no Zod. He ain't gonna sneak up behind me. Yeah, I heard that story.

You Cavill fans don't understand. Henry Cavill never gets another Superman solo movie. The part is perfect for him. It'll make him a bigger star. I'm gonna run him out of the movies. And let me tell you why. Henry Cavill ruined one of Woltz International's most valuable proteges. For three years we had her under contract, singing lessons, dancing lessons, acting lessons. I spent hundreds of thousands of dollars. I was gonna make her a big star. And let me be even more frank, just to show you that I'm not a hard-hearted man, that it's not all dollars and cents. She was beautiful! She was young, she was innocent. She was the greatest piece of ass I've ever had, and I've had 'em all over the world. And then Henry Cavill comes along with his olive oil voice and wide hips and short arms and she runs off. She threw it all away just to make me look ridiculous. And a man in my position can't afford to be made to look ridiculous. Now you get the hell out of here! And if that bald bastah tries any rough stuff, you tell him I ain't no Zod. He ain't gonna sneak up behind me. Yeah, I heard that story.

tenor.gif

Time to dust up the old memes:

i-want-you-to-take-your-medicine.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"