BvS Henry Cavill IS Superman - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO its a red herring to say we are not going back to a nostalgic Donner Superman. Of course we are not. The Donner Superman and the Snyder Superman are just two options on either extreme of a scale. The anwer IMO is somewhere in between he two.

I didn't say anything about Donner's Superman. There's other classic Superman stories that exist without Richard Donner. I'm not worried about that. As much as I ADORE Reeve and the Donner version, I've let go for the better. Surprise! I enjoy both of these versions:woot:

I honestly think Snyder doesn't "get" Superman. The most telling aspect of it was that he didn't let Clark save Pa in Man of Steel.

However, Henry Cavill acted his ass off given the dialogue and scenes given, and you can always tell what he's thinking or getting ready to do.

Superman smiled plenty in this film, he had his doubts, but he comes around fully at the end.

The most Superman moments of all, were
the montage of him saving people,
and finally,
"THIS is my world. YOU'RE my world."
It's funny, because I agree with all your points but I think Snyder has given a great Superman rendition.

When he comes back, I think he's going to be changed a lot. This is the perfect opportunity to transform him fully into the more familiar version. And it's likely Warner Brothers will be strongly encouraging Snyder to wrap up that arc, because apparently the critics and a lot of fans don't like Superman having any sort of character path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"