BvS Henry Cavill IS Superman - - - - - - - - - - - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should Superman fan relax?

So, you don't like angry Superman, but you like being an angry Superman fan ? OK.

After 2 bad potrayals,loosing his sequel to Batman,Dying

In your opinion, I don't think he had Bad portrayal.

so Batman can Lead,

Only assemble a team, not lead JL, Batman has never been a leader, not in comics, not in animated series or animated movies, if anything he operates behind the scenes, plans strategies, takes no credit or spotlight.

If they turn him into a leader, that would be out of character for Batman, it would be a reason for Batman fans to get upset.

a strong possibility Superman is coming back brainwashed,what reason could there be to Relax?

Assumptions on your part, I cannot answer questions based on conjectures.

He's acknowledged that his Superman isn't yet the one that most fans know and love. We're meant to believe that he'll become that person over several films.

But that's the problem, he's just assuming that fans will give him all the time in the world to do that. And he shouldn't. Assuming that people will just go with it and give you 3 or movies (all of which they have to pay ridiculous theatre prices to see BTW) over like half a decade just to get him to the character that they wanted/paid to see in the first place, is foolish. Especially if they flat-out don't like what you doing with him in the first place. He hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt for many people, and they're getting to the point where they're just going "we're done, you had your chance. We don't care anymore." He's had TWO film so far, and we're still not even close to being there yet.

And the fact that Snyder seemingly cannot understand where the backlash is coming from just makes him seem out of touch.

And yet...two films in and this superman seems to be regressing. He seemed to be more confident in MOS. Sadly.

And look where it got him. He helped level half of Metropolis.

I tried to warn guys here that Bvs was gonna be Batcentric.But positivity police was strong then.

I said the same thing and they ate me up then, that this was a Superman sequel and his movie first and foremost...yada yada

I wondered myself if that might happen, but his powers must be present in some shape or form for the dirt on his coffin lid to start hovering.

I hope in JL they continue the scene from that point (the dirt rising) and not just cut straight to the empty casket.

I hope in JL they continue the scene from that point (the dirt rising) and not just cut straight to the empty casket.

People keep saying that he isn't coming out then and there. If that's true then, the **** happens after that dirt rises!?

If they turn him into a leader, that would be out of character for Batman, it would be a reason for Batman fans to get upset.

Batman fans would be upset at him being the focus?

Assumptions on your part, I cannot answer questions based on conjectures.
It's based on comments made by snyder, not fanfic

Any particular reason you avoided my questions?

People keep saying that he isn't coming out then and there. If that's true then, the **** happens after that dirt rises!?

I don't think so either, hasn't snyder commented on them trying to find a way to bring him back, which I figure would be Diana. Bruce should really just assume he's dead. Hopefully the WW movie plays into it. The quicker he's back the easier it is to explain Clark's reappearance. If we get some two year jump like bvs, well then goodbye smallville :csad:

I've been thinking about what's happening with the dirt but I guess we can only wait and see. I'd be upset if they chose not to continue the scene from that point on and just skip to the next scene.

The dirt rising doesn't mean he's about to emerge, IMO. It's more that he's still alive, radiating a life force. Hibernating, like a computer in sleep mode.

Batman fans would be upset at him being the focus?

Batman has never been portrayed as a JL leader, as I have mentioned, he is a loner, not a team player, much less a leader, so his portrayal as a group leader will be a mis-characterization, focus on him or not, it's not who he is.

I don't see it as a good thing. Imagine Batman giving a speech at the UN, it's ridiculous.

It's based on comments made by snyder, not fanfic

Any particular reason you avoided my questions?

What comments ?

Edit: Superman is the natural leader of JL.

Last edited:
The dirt rising doesn't mean he's about to emerge, IMO. It's more that he's still alive, radiating a life force. Hibernating, like a computer in sleep mode.

I agree. I don't think he's about to fly out of the coffin.

If he does get out though, I think it will be down a third party helping. Clark will have been buried for some time and without the sunlight nourishing his cells, so whilst he may be healing slowly due to whatever energy reserves he has, it's not likely he's going to be anywhere near full power.

In the TDKR book, Bruce Wayne is considered dead by all at the end, and it's only when Clark is walking away that he hears a small heartbeat with his super hearing and realises Bruce is still alive. As BvS took so many other cues from TDKR, I really thought they might turn this on its head and have someone hear Clark's heart beating - maybe Wonder Woman (does she have super hearing??), or Bruce using some kind of equipment.

If the batsuit has advanced aural enhancing technology built into the cowl, it's not a stretch to imagine Batman coming to Clark's grave at the dead of night in JL and hearing a heartbeat. They'd just need to come up with a believable explanation for why he would be there as Batman and not Bruce Wayne. I'd like Bruce to be the one helping Clark out of his coffin, giving a parallel of his own 'birth' as Batman (rising up out of the cave he fell into through a hole in the ground') and Clark's subsequent rebirth.

But every time we see **** levitate near him he is about to fly right? If they didn't want us to think that they should've thought of a different way to show he was alive.

Batman has never been portrayed as a JL leader, as I have mentioned, he is a loner, not a team player, much less a leader, so his portrayal as a group leader will be a mis-characterization, focus on him or not, it's not who he is.

I don't see it as a good thing. Imagine Batman giving a speech at the UN, it's ridiculous.

What comments ?

Edit: Superman is the natural leader of JL.

Agreed.

Batman forming the team actually makes sense. He's a master strategist. He knows/senses that Earth is going to be under threat. So like chess pieces on a board, he begins rounding up his comrades (or potential comrades) so everyone is positioned to be where they need to be when the time comes.

That doesn't mean he is the natural leader of the team. The person who forms the team doesn't necessarily have to lead it. Clark's eventual return (where he will probably be known as Earth's champion thanks to his sacrifice) should eventually lead to him taking command of the team.

It's a perfect situation for Batman to explain that Clark inspires trust, and hope, and teamwork - and that he, Batman, works in a different way. And for that reason, he could be the one to suggest that Superman lead the JL.

But every time we see **** levitate near him he is about to fly right? If they didn't want us to think that they should've thought of a different way to show he was alive.

Things levitating near him are physical sign of his flight powers (some form of antigravity) manifesting. That doesn't necessarily mean he's going to fly. If he was in a coma or dreamlike state, his subconsciousness could be causing his body to produce the same effects on a small scale.

Things levitating near him are physical sign of his flight powers (some form of antigravity) manifesting. That doesn't necessarily mean he's going to fly. If he was in a coma or dreamlike state, his subconsciousness could be causing his body to produce the same effects on a small scale.

I guess. But I want to know why Snyder did it other than it looked awesome.

A redemption arc could be Luthor (having learnt quite a bit in the genesis chamber) theorise that Superman isn't dead, and that he needs sunlight to regenerate.
Having visions of Darkseid running unchecked makes him realise Superman is actually needed. So he digs him up and shoots him into space at the sun.

Not that I'd want that, but hey, an idea.

I guess. But I want to know why Snyder did it other than it looked awesome.
Is there an 'other' with Snyder?

I agree. I don't think he's about to fly out of the coffin.

If he does get out though, I think it will be down a third party helping. Clark will have been buried for some time and without the sunlight nourishing his cells, so whilst he may be healing slowly due to whatever energy reserves he has, it's not likely he's going to be anywhere near full power.

In the TDKR book, Bruce Wayne is considered dead by all at the end, and it's only when Clark is walking away that he hears a small heartbeat with his super hearing and realises Bruce is still alive. As BvS took so many other cues from TDKR, I really thought they might turn this on its head and have someone hear Clark's heart beating - maybe Wonder Woman (does she have super hearing??), or Bruce using some kind of equipment.

If the batsuit has advanced aural enhancing technology built into the cowl, it's not a stretch to imagine Batman coming to Clark's grave at the dead of night in JL and hearing a heartbeat. They'd just need to come up with a believable explanation for why he would be there as Batman and not Bruce Wayne. I'd like Bruce to be the one helping Clark out of his coffin, giving a parallel of his own 'birth' as Batman (rising up out of the cave he fell into through a hole in the ground') and Clark's subsequent rebirth.

It will be interesting how Terrio has written Superman's rebirth / revival.

I guess, it will be upto Lois Lane to help Clark by digging him out and placing him in the Kryptonian Genesys chamber, where the bots like Kelex will try to revive him.

This is where I miss Dr. Emil Hamilton who could have helped him, damn Snyder for killing characters for no reason.

There's a bunch these guys didn't seen to think about. I vaguely recall someone saying they just wished to indicate there was like energy still in the body, but I couldn't find it.

I'm going to guess that Superman's massive reserves of solar energy ensure that his cells don't degrade or compose the way humans' do when they die. The cells are still nourished, or will be for a long time. Which means his body is not degrading, but is in a kind of stasis whereby he could theoretically be revived with the right technology.

The Kryptonite weakened him temporarily during the Doomsday fight hence how he was able to be stabbed by DD in the first place, but once removed his cells should have a chance to slowly heal.

Story wise, this is what I'd go with : the JL are facing a threat (Darkseid?) which is so great that even their combined might can't overcome it. They need Superman, who is the most powerful of them all, or else humanity will be either destroyed or enslaved. Lex, still imprisoned but with a mind now brimming with Kryptonian knowledge, offers to help : he knows of a way to bring Superman back from death, but will only do so if the US Government agrees to release him. They agree, and Lex (who now has sole command of the Kryptonian ship) uses the Kryptonian gestation chamber to repair Superman's body and revive him. Of course, Lex being Lex, nothing is ever straightforward and he secretly uses the gestation chamber to map Superman's genetics; bearing in mind he was he only natural born Kryptonian and thus the only one whose DNA would never have been recorded digitally.

This approach would allow for Luthor to return in a future Superman film, and gives rise to the possibility of him introducing a Bizarro type figure.

I quote you because I really like your post.
I'm going to guess that Superman's massive reserves of solar energy ensure that his cells don't degrade or compose the way humans' do when they die. The cells are still nourished, or will be for a long time. Which means his body is not degrading, but is in a kind of stasis whereby he could theoretically be revived with the right technology.

The Kryptonite weakened him temporarily during the Doomsday fight hence how he was able to be stabbed by DD in the first place, but once removed his cells should have a chance to slowly heal.

Story wise, this is what I'd go with : the JL are facing a threat (Darkseid?) which is so great that even their combined might can't overcome it. They need Superman, who is the most powerful of them all, or else humanity will be either destroyed or enslaved. Lex, still imprisoned but with a mind now brimming with Kryptonian knowledge, offers to help : he knows of a way to bring Superman back from death, but will only do so if the US Government agrees to release him. They agree, and Lex (who now has sole command of the Kryptonian ship) uses the Kryptonian gestation chamber to repair Superman's body and revive him. Of course, Lex being Lex, nothing is ever straightforward and he secretly uses the gestation chamber to map Superman's genetics; bearing in mind he was he only natural born Kryptonian and thus the only one whose DNA would never have been recorded digitally.

This approach would allow for Luthor to return in a future Superman film, and gives rise to the possibility of him introducing a Bizarro type figure.

However, Jesse said he had no idea if he'd ever had a chance to play Lex again which means they're not using Lex in JL. The story you come up with would be a good set up for a solo Superman though.

Without Supes breaking out the the casket himself how would anyone aware that there'd be some life force left in him? If nobody noticed the dirt rising straight away he'd just get buried.. They'd have to find a reason to dig him up to realise his body isn't rotting.

Last edited:
Clark will appear to Lois as a force ghost :o

Honestly at this point it'd make more sense for WW to be the leader. Given how he's been characterized thus far, I just don't buy this Superman suddenly turning into the leader type, the groundwork just isn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"