BvS Henry Cavill IS Superman - - - - - - - - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Hahahaha, I couldn't love this guy any more. He's my Superman. He has a lot of natural charm and a great sense of on the fly humour.

Reeve was bored of it during Superman 2 (I think he got pissed when Donner left during filming) and they had to convince him hard to do 3, and the only reason he did 4 was because he was allowed creative control to tell a story about anti-nukes.

Donner didn't 'leave', he was sacked, worst decision ever for that set of films.

So rather than being "wooden and boring" Cavill actually has a sharp sense of humour and seems like a pretty funny dude.

He is so much more relaxed and funny this time around. Maybe he's just more comfortable with it all or maybe he likes sharing top billing instead of being the only lead.

Henry will be looking a lot more relaxed if this film slays at the box office. Because then there is really no way I can see that they do not make at least one more Superman standalone, if not more. He really wants to develop the character.

And I'm 26 and Reeve is my Superman by a wide margin. ;)

Reeve is king, but Cavill is his true successor in my opinion. Both are great.

Disagree. Superman 3 is a mixed bag but Reeve brought his A game, especially playing the darker version of the character. Superman 4 is rubbish, but that's not Reeve's fault. As films, Superman: The Movie and Superman II are both fantastic in my opinion. And the Raimi Spider-Man trilogy followed their template.

I respect Reeve, and acknowledge that his Superman will always be 'the classic'.

But Henry's is the one I connected with and for the first time the character felt real to me. Whereas before, he was always this perfect godlike being I admired but never really understood.

Henry's was the first to do that for me, and because of that he'll always be MY Superman

Reeve is king, but Cavill is his true successor in my opinion. Both are great.

I definitely think Cavill is his true successor, but he hasn't been given good material/direction to work with (yet). Hoping he gets a chance to shine in BvS.

I definitely think Cavill is his true successor, but he hasn't been given good material/direction to work with (yet). Hoping he gets a chance to shine in BvS.

I think one must also keep in mind too, that Henry hasn't really played Superman in all his might and glory yet. His Clark only really became Superman at the end of 'Man of Steel', unlike Reeve who was already fully formed when he first put on the suit.

Henry's Superman has an arch that we haven't seen completed yet.

Reeves had 1.5 good performances and 2.5 bad.

Henry is about to be 2 and 0

YOU ARE WROOONG!!!!

Reeve has 4 excellent performances. 2.5 of the movies were bad though.

Reeve might have been in two poor Superman films, but he never gave a poor performance. He was excellent every time.

I still think Reeve is the greatest comic book lead ever, but I think Cavill is a great successor and I wouldn't want anyone else but him playing Superman in these modern films.

Reeve might have been in two poor Superman films, but he never gave a poor performance. He was excellent every time.

I still think Reeve is the greatest comic book lead ever, but I think Cavill is a great successor and I wouldn't want anyone else but him playing Superman in these modern films.

Aye, verily.

Henry will be looking a lot more relaxed if this film slays at the box office. Because then there is really no way I can see that they do not make at least one more Superman standalone, if not more. He really wants to develop the character.

Knowing what we know now I think they have every intention to do so but want the trilogy of MOS, BvS and JL P1 to complete first.

My top 5 Supermans are:
5. Brandon Routh
4. Christopher Reeve (R.I.P.)
3. Dean Cain
2. Tom Welling
1. Henry Cavill

The Top 5 Superman Actors:

1. Christopher Reeve
2. Henry Cavill

1. Reeve.
2. Cavill.
3. Routh.