BvS Henry Cavill IS Superman - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what "Superman enough" means.

It means you just had sex with Superman for the umpteenth time and your vagina isn't as resilient as his sex drive. ;)

Pretty sure you've had an excuse for every issue in the film including the issues with superman so if you agree it needs to be resolved then you've certainly hid it well!

I'm not, it was a big misfire and let me down so it'll take a bit of time to get over what they did with that character. Isn't there a positivity thread for those who don't want to hear anything negative about the movie?

This isn't even an excuse, and if you choose to have a blanket view of my opinions on Superman without asking me,t aht's on you.

I've read every single one of your posts here for days. You're one snarky useless post away from Ignore. You've brought next to nothing tangible or interesting to the discussion about this film, have been nothing but hateful about it and its creators, and are now making personal attacks that don't even line up with my beliefs on the film and the characters.

The reporter can't necessarily come back.

I don't see why not. I don't care what explanation they give, even if it's completely ridiculous - Clark Kent of the Daily Planet has to come back. I won't accept this theory unless it's 100% confirmed...and if it is confirmed...

:exp:

Inspiring hope, not saying things like "Superman was never real, just the dream of a farmer from Kansas", and not sulking after letting a bomb go off in Capitol.

These aren't things that should happen in a Superman film for a lot of us :csad:
Idk I thought some of that helped in making him a three-dimensional character.

It means you just had sex with Superman for the umpteenth time and your vagina isn't as resilient as his sex drive. ;)

Or you had sex in the bathtub, but he didn't break it. #notmysuperman

Or you had sex in the bathtub, but he didn't break it. #notmysuperman

oh-snap.gif

This isn't even an excuse, and if you choose to have a blanket view of my opinions on Superman without asking me,t aht's on you.

I've read every single one of your posts here for days. You're one snarky useless post away from Ignore. You've brought next to nothing tangible or interesting to the discussion about this film, have been nothing but hateful about it and its creators, and are now making personal attacks that don't even line up with my beliefs on the film and the characters.

The truth is you don't like my posts because they actually provide credible reasons for my issues with the film and you clearly hate the thought of anyone saying anything negative about it or challenging your own particular views

do me a favour and put me on ignore, you're threatening it as though that actually affects me in some way. I've provided plenty of reasons for why I have issues with the film, thats the purpose of Internet forums, to have these discussions. If you're sick of people discussing it's issues then maybe it's not for you

Oh, and this will be the last time I respond to you anyway

Idk I thought some of that helped in making him a three-dimensional character.

Each to their own, some people don't have an issue with it, that's fine. But for me there's things in there that almost change who this character is, it's just something I don't care for and evidently I'm not alone on this

Cavill might be charming but not in this role. It's obvious Snyder hates the idea of what Superman means and would rather just do his own take.

Not to me but i did feel like that with Batman and Nolan so I sympathize with your feelings.

Each to their own, some people don't have an issue with it, that's fine. But for me there's things in there that almost change who this character is, it's just something I don't care for and evidently I'm not alone on this

I agree.

It will be interesting to hear Cavill's comments on BvS and the film's ending.

It's such a shame for him that UNCLE wasn't seen by too many folks and he's so good in it, yet everyone sees his flatter more limited performance in BvS. It really doesn't have to be like that :(

If they can correct this in JL I might give Snyder some forgiveness

It's such a shame for him that UNCLE wasn't seen by too many folks and he's so good in it, yet everyone sees his flatter more limited performance in BvS. It really doesn't have to be like that :(

But why didn't they correct it for BvS?

Little dialog, improper characterization - and I am referring to the GA reaction not fans. There is a broad vision of Superman and who he is and MOS did not really fall into it. IMO.

WB just let him go off and do his own thing it seems. Like isn't there some kind of QA person from WB overseeing these huge projects?

His performance in his scenes as Clark in BvS is, imo, the best work he's done since 'The Tudors'. I did like him in UNCLE but I thought it didn't require much depth. I do hope he can get more roles that show his range in the future, rather than just action parts.

His performance in his scenes as Clark in BvS is, imo, the best work he's done since 'The Tudors'. I did like him in UNCLE but I thought it didn't require much depth. I do hope he can get more roles that show his range in the future, rather than just action parts.

I liked the Clark and Lois parts but there weren't many of them and for a guy who works as an investigative journalist who has to go out and speak to people, he doesn't do a whole lot of talking in the film

I liked the Clark and Lois parts but there weren't many of them and for a guy who works as an investigative journalist who has to go out and speak to people, he doesn't do a whole lot of talking in the film

I guess that Clark/Supes scenes got cut. Remember the reports last summer that WB execs wanted more Bats in the film.

The director's cut will hopefully have more.

The more I see of your posts the more it becomes clear that you're a huge Donner/Reeve fan and you just want that forever.

The more I see of your posts the more it becomes clear that you're a huge Donner/Reeve fan and you just want that forever.

Why am I a Man of Steel fan then? It didn't fit well with my dislike for Superman Returns either does it

Bit of a pathetic assumption on your part. I'd suggest you pop me on ignore

In all honesty I wanted a straight-up MoS sequel with plenty of Clois, investigitave scenes, the DP, Perry etc. I was really disappointed when the addition of Batman was announced as I knew we wouldn't be getting that. I had very low expectations going in, but was pleasantly surprised with what we did get as I'd actually expected a lot less/worse.

But why didn't they correct it for BvS?

Little dialog, improper characterization - and I am referring to the GA reaction not fans. There is a broad vision of Superman and who he is and MOS did not really fall into it. IMO.

WB just let him go off and do his own thing it seems. Like isn't there some kind of QA person from WB overseeing these huge projects?

They could have done so much more to develop Clark Kent character and it would have let to a bigger emotional impact at the end. Though I love Superman arc in BvS I can understand why the audience would get bored with his characterisation(or lack of) in the first half of the movie and by the time they gave him the focus it's already too late for the audience to care. It's sickening to me that the GA perception that 'Superman is boring' but 'Batman is so cool' is gonna stick around after this because WB and Zack Snyder intentionally wanted to keep it that way and they succeeded.

I think the GA don't get it though. Superman is so Superman in this movie. It's Clark Kent that isn't Clark Kent enough to make the character whole.

Last edited:
I saw somebody say this earlier, and I've just realized that Clark Kent the reporter is no more in this universe.

Kinda sucks, but oh well.

Please no, don't throw that into the universe :csad:

these are comic book movies, he has to come back

Clark Kent could be back, but Lex knows he's Superman, that's going to complicate things. But, Lex could be redeemed (like Geoff Johns did in the JL comics) by having him helping the JL to defeat Darkseid and keeping Clark's secret, showing he's a new man.

In all honesty I wanted a straight-up MoS sequel with plenty of Clois, investigitave scenes, the DP, Perry etc. I was really disappointed when the addition of Batman was announced as I knew we wouldn't be getting that. I had very low expectations going in, but was pleasantly surprised with what we did get as I'd actually expected a lot less/worse.

And Jimmy Olsen........oh wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back