BvS Henry Cavill IS Superman - - - - - - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
1zz0r2v.jpg

Awesome catch by an IG user.

Words can't even explain how epic that shot is. :hmr:

If there's one thing that I'm looking forward to most other than this film, it's seeing how Superman fans (me included) will react and respond to how Superman was both portrayed and utilized in this film.

Will this film be considered by us (Superman Fans) as that one great film that truly brought two icons together and treated them both with equal respect? Or will this be the film where Superman became the equivalent of James Marsden's Cyclopes in favor of Batman (via Wolverine style)?

Should be interesting to see on how this all turns out.

many ironic and beautiful shot of superman & clark kent...

but somehow i'm still worrying... maybe reading too much from the internet...

If there's one thing that I'm looking forward to most other than this film, it's seeing how Superman fans (me included) will react and respond to how Superman was both portrayed and utilized in this film.

Will this film be considered by us (Superman Fans) as that one great film that truly brought two icons together and treated them both with equal respect? Or will this be the film where Superman became the equivalent of James Marsden's Cyclopes in favor of Batman (via Wolverine style)?

NO WAY. DCEU tries to sell all these heroes. Nobody will get such treatment.

Superman's name is in the title.

Cyclops will NEVER have his name in the title of a movie.

For those that have listened to the sample track entitled "This is my World", I think it definitely indicates (by the tone) that we'll either get a scenario where Superman literally does sacrifice himself against his battle with Doomsday or where it's believed that he had sacrificed himself (until he shows up at the end to reveal that he's alive).

Well there was that rumoured early draft ending where

Superman flew Doomsday into the sun and they thought he might be dead only to re-emerge later

I'd be happy with that just not happy if he dies, it's to soon.

Last edited:
Superman's name is in the title.

Cyclops will NEVER have his name in the title of a movie.
Also Cyclops has never fronted a film that made 668 million dollars worldwide and Cyclops is not a solo character. I find the comparison to be flawed. Compare him to Hulk or something not a team character that nobody ever cared for.

Well there was that rumoure early draft ending where

Superman flew Doomsday into the sun and they thought he might be dead only to re-emerge later

I'd be happy with that just nit happy if he dies, it's to soon.

I really hope that supposed leaked draft was actually real and that the film follows it closely, especially when it concerns the ending.

I'll honestly have no reason to visit the DC threads, sans the CW-TV shows, if this film ends with Superman's death.

Superman's Death in BvS=Crappy Role in "Justice League"

I really hope that supposed leaked draft was actually real and that the film follows it closely, especially when it concerns the ending.

I'll honestly have no reason to visit the DC threads, sans the CW-TV shows, if this film ends with Superman's death.

Superman's Death in BvS=Crappy Role in "Justice League"

Ditto :up:

I'm leaning 60/40 that way, but hope I'm wrong.

Snap out of it, lee. No such thing will happen.

13201465.gif

Honestly this inferiority complex that some superman fans seem to have developed over the last few years needs to stop, the film is not even out yet. If the film comes out and superman is marginalized then people can start b****ing but until then one should just wait and hope for the best, I sure am.

Well there was that rumoured early draft ending where

I'd be happy with that just not happy if he dies, it's to soon.

First a necksnapper... Now he's a [BLACKOUT]Sunstroker?[/BLACKOUT] :wow:
- As he's flying him into the sun -

Batman: "I thought you'd changed!!!"
Superman: "I already killed him.... this doesn't count!!!"

:oldrazz:

First a necksnapper... Now he's a [BLACKOUT]Sunstroker?[/BLACKOUT] :wow:
- As he's flying him into the sun -

Batman: "I thought you'd changed!!!"
Superman: "I already killed him.... this doesn't count!!!"

:oldrazz:

:lmao:

Honestly this inferiority complex that some superman fans seem to have developed over the last few years needs to stop, the film is not even out yet. If the film comes out and superman is marginalized then people can start b****ing but until then one should just wait and hope for the best, I sure am.

Hoe dare people voice their concerns on a forum :whatever:

Hoe dare people voice their concerns on a forum :whatever:

Voicing concerns is alright but to follow it by assumptions, and the passing the opinion on the unseen movie followed by voicing disinterest in the yet to be filmed movie is a bit too much.

Voicing concerns is alright but to follow it by assumptions, and the passing the opinion on the unseen movie followed by voicing disinterest in the yet to be filmed movie is a bit too much.

But if that's how people feel then thy can't help it and have a right to voice whatever they think be it negative or not.

Here I go beating the MoS drums again. I've been reading Superman: American Alien (excellent series by the way I reccomend it for Supes fans) and I can't help but wonder if MoS' first half was closer to that would it have still been so polarizing. Max Landis really does get Superman. Yeah Martha and John are terrified of the government coming and taking him away. They always get on his case about it. But whenever Clark feels alienated (pun) John takes him somewhere private where he can learn how to control his powers, even helping him learn how to fly. Smallville knows he's an alien, and they're kind of freaked out by it, but they still treat him as one of their own and keeps his secret. I think those types of moments were missing.

Anyway sorry for bringing MoS up again.

Here I go beating the MoS drums again. I've been reading Superman: American Alien (excellent series by the way I reccomend it for Supes fans) and I can't help but wonder if MoS' first half was closer to that would it have still been so polarizing. Max Landis really does get Superman. Yeah Martha and John are terrified of the government coming and taking him away. They always get on his case about it. But whenever Clark feels alienated (pun) John takes him somewhere private where he can learn how to control his powers, even helping him learn how to fly. Smallville knows he's an alien, and they're kind of freaked out by it, but they still treat him as one of their own and keeps his secret. I think those types of moments were missing.

Anyway sorry for bringing MoS up again.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=507715

Hey everyone, if any of you have the time, you might want to visit that "Cinematic Civil War" thread over in the Misc. Comic Films forum. A couple people are actually trying to argue that Blandon Routh is a better actor than Henry.

Or you can also, if you have the time, not add fuel to an unnecessary flame war.

Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back